The Student Room Group

Mature Students (21+) Chat

Scroll to see replies

I wonder if I am the youngest - if I get onto my desired course for 2016 entry I'll be 22.
Original post by simondo93
Yeah there's a lot more options and opportunities but it's difficult. This year has been difficult and intense for me partly because there is no funding for access and I've been living of very little savings. I survived though.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

I hope things work out for you and you get into the uni you want.:h:
Original post by Birkenhead
I wonder if I am the youngest - if I get onto my desired course for 2016 entry I'll be 22.

I'll turn twenty one the August before 2016 entry, so I just about beat you. :biggrin:
Original post by roomtobreathe
I'll turn twenty one the August before 2016 entry, so I just about beat you. :biggrin:

Can you study a-levels at 24 and go to university at 25? Basically do an intensive course?
Original post by xxvine
Can you study a-levels at 24 and go to university at 25? Basically do an intensive course?

You can study a levels or access courses at any age and go to uni at any age. I think this thread has already proven that.

Original post by xxvine

Yeah, that totally shouldn't be any trouble.
Do a 1 year access course. They are the equivalent of A levels but in a year. A levels take longer?
Original post by Michellefw
Do a 1 year access course. They are the equivalent of A levels but in a year. A levels take longer?

I think you can do A levels in a year if you really put your nose to the grindstone. Pretty sure that's what one of my teachers did anyway.

Are you from your namesake?

29, hopefully genetics at York.
Yeah there's a lot more options and opportunities but it's difficult. This year has been difficult and intense for me partly because there is no funding for access and I've been living of very little savings. I survived though.

I got almost fully funded for my Access that I'm starting in September. Mine is the 24+ loan which if I go on to a degree I don't have to pay this bit back. I got the full amount but my course must be just that bit more expensive as I have £230 to pay.
You can study a levels or access courses at any age and go to uni at any age. I think this thread has already proven that.

Oh just inquiring for my cousin. He wants to do that and go to uni in 2016.

Is it better to do a-levels or access?
Original post by Michellefw

My cousin was thinking of doing a-levels in one year.
Sociology, English and Politics. He did a-levels like 5 years ago but in different subjects.
Original post by Interzone Agent
I think you can do A levels in a year if you really put your nose to the grindstone. Pretty sure that's what one of my teachers did anyway.

You can do a-levels in one year. Do all the exams in the summer but obviously it is a lot of work and you will have many exams.
Original post by magnitudezero
Are you from your namesake?

29, hopefully genetics at York.

I'm not from Birkenhead, no.
I'm not from Birkenhead, no.

May I ask why the name then? Don't mean to be all inquisition on you, just seems an odd choice considering you're not from here :P
May I ask why the name then? Don't mean to be all inquisition on you, just seems an odd choice considering you're not from here :P

Lord Birkenhead was the inspiration
Lord Birkenhead was the inspiration

DG of the BBC?

Ah nvm, that's Lord Hall of Birkenhead, I did do an image search on Earl of Birkenhead (as that was my initial thinking, but couldn't find one that matched your picture, if that who that is in your pic looks a bit Ralph Fiennes-ey)
(edited 8 years ago)
DG of the BBC?

Lord Chancellor and general badass
hey there, i'm joe 28, and i'm currently studying Access diploma in combined studies. hoping to go on and possibly begin a foundation degree in Mechanical Engineering, then on to uni to finish the degree. been working on the tools as a welder fabricator for near 12 years so decided to take the plunge. :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending