The Student Room Group

Mature Students (21+) Chat

Scroll to see replies

25 year old here. Can't seem to drag myself away from Manchester so i'll be studying TESOL with Japanese at MMU full-time, whilst working part time for Co-op Insurance :smile:
Im 17 rn and going Uni in september:tongue: would consider myself mature though
27 and going to Leicester in September to study Computer Science. I feel like I might be in no man's land between the 18 year olds and the full on mature students with kids, mortgages etc.

Hopefully start at Cambridge studying Natural Sciences in 2017. Would be 21 (22 in Dec) when I start.
I just left the oil industry to go back for a masters in engineering geology. Definitely the right move but it'll be a big step down in salary and I'll go from four months paid vacation to under a month :frown: needs must though. Starting MSc Engineering Geolgoy at Portsmouth this year and I studied BSc (Hons) Physical Geograhphy and Geology at Plymouth 2009-2012.
27, going into my second year doing accountancy at Glasgow
I'm 51 years old and I'll be studying Classics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm 34 and currently studying an access course with a view to applying for Social Work Degree Courses next year.

It is so refreshing and encouraging to know that there is such a wide age range of students. I'm now really excited about the prospect of doing a degree and I am really pleased that there are so many others out there pursuing their dreams and aspirations. :smile:
Reply 1468
I'm going to be 30 by the time I start, studying Law at UWE
Hi I am 56 so I'm guessing I will be the oldest student at uni this year .lol I have just completed my foundation degree in mental health so. Will be topping up to a full degree this September
I was also wondering if any one knows how I could rent out a spare room to a fellow student I live approx a 15 mind walk away from uni
Snoopytwo, there should be noticeboards at your university or perhaps digital versions where you could advertise or you could call into the accommodation office of your university and ask them to advertise your room.

Remember too that there is a generous rent a room income tax exemption should you be liable to income tax, see HMRC guidance at: https://www.gov.uk/rent-room-in-your-home/the-rent-a-room-scheme

Posted from TSR Mobile
25 and hopefully off to Sheffield Uni for Japanese!
Original post by Ayaz789
Im 17 rn and going Uni in september:tongue: would consider myself mature though

lolllll
Original post by Livvyxo
lolllll

Haha :tongue: im sure am mature:biggrin:
I'm 29, but will be 30 when I start uni next year (currently re-doing my A-levels self teaching) Not sure on uni yet, as haven't applied of course. Hopefully Durham or York to study History. :smile:
26, off to Durham in the fall.
hi I'm 33 and just finishing my first year at QMU I'm the oldest on my course everyone else is 18-19 but to be honest most of the time I don't feel the "old yin" but on occasions I feel like their mother haha!!
26, law, Bristol or UCL. Durham was my first choice. :'(
I will be 38 when I start Stranmillis University in September to do BA Early childhood studies.
I've just turned 39 and about to start BA (Hons) history with the open uni in October :-D
This is my 2nd attempt at uni, I tried a brick one when i was 32! But poor health got in the way >.< and having 3 kids.
Well the health isn't better but the kids are older & doing the OU will allow me to go at my own pace :-D

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending