The Student Room Group

Abercrombie/Hollister/Jack Wills

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by amizzle91
Why bring chavs into this? I know you have some irrational hatred but irrelevant to the thread. I didn't stereotype you, just commented that your "omg you're jealous" comment makes me understand why people tend to dislike 'those' who wear Jack Wills.

Neither has any of my Dorothy Perkins or New Look clothes but I'm not paying hideous amounts of money for the priviledge- yay me!

Just another stereotype. And it's very rational. :wink:

Why do you care if other people are paying though? A lot of it isn't even that badly priced? Yes you can get some nice highstreet things, personally I don't think they're as nice as some things you can get from shops such as Jack Wills, Hollister, Crew, etc.
the brands have been ruined by the people wearing them acting like major bell-ends

oh yea and the people who work in those silly billy shops think they're on the next level

oh yea and often, one garment of the brands in question often costs the equivalent of multiple clothing items of similar quality yet of a different brand

apart from that they're sexy as ****!!! <3
Reply 102
Original post by Tommyjw
I dont really think your a 'rah' .. I have seen people, and been out with someone, SO much worse than you,

You have opinions and views, that yes sometimes may be a little different than some people who MAY be less off than you, or whatever.. and may offend them or whatever because you do have a particular interest in the chav stereotype lol (but thats mostly funny). But that is the same for people who are quite poor (like me) we get general views through our upbringing about posh people, like they are all ass holes and stuck up etc.. like you do from videos of chavs, views on them through discussions through friends and whatnot that everyone gets influenced by.. so it goes both ways.

Im poor myself and i like all the brands in the title, though i cant really afford to get them when im in like.. a normal financial situation.. like not xmas etc

Plus. 'Rah's are usually hot, cuz they dress nice and dress themselves up :smile:

Gotta love a girl an an abercrombie hoodie , dunno what it is. :colondollar:

Haha, you're one of the nice members of TSR! :biggrin:

Exactly, stereotyping goes both ways! :tongue:
Original post by .Ali.
Just another stereotype. And it's very rational. :wink:

Why do you care if other people are paying though? A lot of it isn't even that badly priced? Yes you can get some nice highstreet things, personally I don't think they're as nice as some things you can get from shops such as Jack Wills, Hollister, Crew, etc.

I don't care what other people pay. I think it's laughable that anyone would but not my money so could care less.

It just really riles me when you go "YOU'RE SO JEALOUS", because even if you think Jack Wills is the best thing since sliced bread, doesn't anyone who thinks differently is 'jealous'... so I was commenting on that fact that when a Jack Wills wearer comes out with **** like 'you're jealous' and bangs on about chavs I can understand why some people associate Jack Wills wearers with, frankly, idiots.
I like abercrombie and fitch but jack wills is abit to RAH and stuck up for me however i do like the clothes
I don't care what other people pay. I think it's laughable that anyone would but not my money so could care less.

It just really riles me when you go "YOU'RE SO JEALOUS", because even if you think Jack Wills is the best thing since sliced bread, doesn't anyone who thinks differently is 'jealous'... so I was commenting on that fact that when a Jack Wills wearer comes out with **** like 'you're jealous' and bangs on about chavs I can understand why some people associate Jack Wills wearers with, frankly, idiots.

true that. :smile:
Reply 106

Why? I don't even spend my time thinking "some people wear less expensive tops than me, what cheapskates!" If I'm honest, it doesn't even cross my mind.

I don't think people who dislike it are jealous, just the types I mentioned previously. What's wrong with hating chavs?
Reply 107
it's **** and only ***** who wanna look rich wear that ****
Reply 108
Original post by harrietta
No. It's a boring shop. Everyone looks the same. The clothes are so 'L.A preppy'. They have no individuality. They aren't stylish, as nothing is actually on trend.

AND it is madly overpriced for a top with the word 'hollister' on.

but the fittings good.
Reply 109
Original post by .Ali.
Haha, you're one of the nice members of TSR! :biggrin:

Exactly, stereotyping goes both ways! :tongue:

Lol i guess i'm just good at looking at things from both points of view, always have been. Dont understand how people can't see that stereotyping goes both ways.. it does in every single instance of stereotyping.

Like i said, a lot of Rah girls are hot, you just may have to stop them talking by covering their mouth.. but than that just makes whatever your doing hotter :cool:

People here will moan at people for liking the top brands and such.
But you dont see them moaning at people with macs, or sony vaio laptops, or iphone 4's or anything like that?
Buy a mac, you get the same specs as a computer 1/3 of its price.. same can be said for clothes (with quality) in a way, people just seem to think about clothes differently.
(edited 13 years ago)
Another reason JW is losing it's appeal to me is that I can see 9-12 year old girls wearing the same hoody/jacket/ect as me every time I go into town.
Original post by .Ali.
Why? I don't even spend my time thinking "some people wear less expensive tops than me, what cheapskates!" If I'm honest, it doesn't even cross my mind.

I don't think people who dislike it are jealous, just the types I mentioned previously. What's wrong with hating chavs?

Sure you don't.
It's not something I obsess over everyday, just when threads come up and I see what new inflated prices they are charging it does make me giggle a bit. Like I said, I really don't care if you wear it. Seriously, it doesn't bother me at all. Just don't try and act superior because you do (and don't say you don't, your jealous comments have already demonstrated that you do)

Which types are those? Those who call Jack Wills wearers 'rahs'? Like I said, I can't blame them when you come out with the stuff you come out with.

Nothing wrong with hating chavs, just don't get uppity when someone declares they dislike rahs.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 112
Original post by Tommyjw
Lol i guess i'm just good at looking at things from both points of view, always have been. Dont understand how people can't see that stereotyping goes both ways.. it does in every single instance of stereotyping.

Like i said, a lot of Rah girls are hot, you just may have to stop them talking by covering their mouth.. but than that just makes whatever your doing hotter :cool:

But you dont see them moaning at people with macs, or sony vaio laptops, or iphone 4's or anything like that?
Buy a mac, you get the same specs as a computer 1/3 of its price.. same can be said for clothes (with quality) in a way, people just seem to think about clothes differently.

Exactly, I don't get why it seems more acceptable to mock the 'haves' than the 'have nots'...if you're mocking one, it's okay to mock the other...it's either all okay or none of it is :s

LOL at the rah girls point! :laugh:

Oh God I know, plus I don't get why they care how much money I choose to spend on my clothes? It's my choice.
Reply 113
Sure you don't.
It's not something I obsess over everyday, just when threads come up and I see what new inflated prices they are charging it does make me giggle a bit. Like I said, I really don't care if you wear it. Seriously, it doesn't bother me at all. Just don't try and act superior because you do (and don't say you don't, your jealous comments have already demonstrated that you do)

Which types are those? Those who call Jack Wills wearers 'rahs'? Like I said, I can't blame them when you come out with the stuff you come out with.

Nothing wrong with hating chavs, just don't get uppity when someone declares they dislike rahs.

But what is expensive to you isn't to other people. I don't understand how you can't see that?

A lot of chavs do call Jack Wills wearers rahs.

Rahs don't do what chavs do though, do they?
Reply 114
Original post by Tommyjw

Actually.. I get abuse at college (not major abus, just teases from friends) about using a mac (I'm dyslexic so I take it into college xD). and people do it about iPhones and blackberries :/ - although the world and his dog have them right now..

Everyone on here uses the word 'rah' but from where I come from (Cambridge) this word is never used, its no different to a prep, right?
Reply 115
Original post by .Ali.
Exactly, I don't get why it seems more acceptable to mock the 'haves' than the 'have nots'...if you're mocking one, it's okay to mock the other...it's either all okay or none of it is :s

LOL at the rah girls point! :laugh:

Oh God I know, plus I don't get why they care how much money I choose to spend on my clothes? It's my choice.

Exactly.

To stop them moaning, thell them this economic point.

You buying the expensive clothes, increases the sales and market share of the top brand. Thus, the cheaper brands need to compete and they do that by lowering their costs and capturing the other half of the market (the cheaper half) so they lower costs, lowering prices. So in the end.. the more expensive clothes that you buy, the cheaper you make theirs :wink:
Reply 116
Original post by Tommyjw
Exactly.

To stop them moaning, thell them this economic point.

You buying the expensive clothes, increases the sales and market share of the top brand. Thus, the cheaper brands need to compete and they do that by lowering their costs and capturing the other half of the market (the cheaper half) so they lower costs, lowering prices. So in the end.. the more expensive clothes that you buy, the cheaper you make theirs :wink:

So in essence, they need me to keep buying Jack Wills. :wink: I LOVE IT! :biggrin:
Original post by .Ali.
But what is expensive to you isn't to other people. I don't understand how you can't see that?

A lot of chavs do call Jack Wills wearers rahs.

Rahs don't do what chavs do though, do they?

I can see that you may think it's dreadfully cheap, that doesn't mean I personally don't find it funny that people actually pay those prices.

And a lot of rahs call people chavs. Works both ways, as you said :wink:

Does it matter? I dislike them both equally. (rahs I mean, not all JW wearers)
Reply 118
Original post by .Ali.
So in essence, they need me to keep buying Jack Wills. :wink: I LOVE IT! :biggrin:

Exactly.

Fail that, just hire a hitman.
Reply 119
I can see that you may think it's dreadfully cheap, that doesn't mean I personally don't find it funny that people actually pay those prices.

And a lot of rahs call people chavs. Works both ways, as you said :wink:

Does it matter? I dislike them both equally. (rahs I mean, not all JW wearers)

Why do you feel the need to insult people because of it though?

Quick Reply

Latest