The Student Room Group

No one i know in my lectures!

Hey
I have just come into my second year, and all the mates id made in my first year have resat the year, meaning im on my larry in all my lectures!
Im finding it really hard to make new mates, everyone has already made friends and have their own friend groups, so its really awkard just to randomly start talking to someone.
Any one in the same ish situation?
its kind of affecting my ability to work aswell. normally me and my mates would just all get together and brainstorm when we have an assignment due in, but i cant do that anymore!
No helpful advice, but I know how you feel - I still have some, but a lot of the people I got on best with are retaking first year.

I think you might have to get over the awkwardness and attach yourself to a group.
Reply 2
Original post by TheSownRose
No helpful advice, but I know how you feel - I still have some, but a lot of the people I got on best with are retaking first year.

I think you might have to get over the awkwardness and attach yourself to a group.

why are some many of your friends retaking the year?
Make new friends.
Reply 4
Start talking to people and take any opportunity that arises to further your relationship with them.
Original post by newman24x
why are some many of your friends retaking the year?

Because they failed and the uni wouldn't let them progress to the second year.
Reply 6
All of your friends failed?

Woah.
Reply 7
Sit next to different people every lecture, you will soon be friend with them.

Shower first also :smile: It always helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending