The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chrislpp

Original post by chrislpp
Mate of mine went to York (his gf lived there) she's a middle-class bunt, but with more of a 'k' sound.

I'm middle class myself, but I really despise people like her, and hope she falls down a tall flight of steps right in front of me just so I can not help her.

Anyway, whilst in York he said there were literally people walking around like ''Oh I say!!'' or ''Tullyho old chap!''

Of course this is an exaggeration, but he wouldn't have said it if he didn't notice how bad it was. Guess that's consistent that Leeds is also pretty RAH>

Bah, what sort of person openly refers to themselves as 'Middle Class'? I thought part of being middle class was the act of NOT bragging about socio-economic status. If you were middle class, perhaps your parents would've taught you that it is extremely tacky to do so!
Original post by dropbeats-notbombs
Interestingly, the top 10 destinations over the last 6 years, for the most rah place I know, (Cheltenham College) is:

1. University of Leeds (47)
2. University of Newcastle (33)
3. University of Manchester (33)
4. University of Bristol (26)
5. University of Nottingham (26)
6. Durham University (24)
7. University of Cambridge (21)
8. University of Exeter (21)
9. Cardiff University (20)
10. University of Bath (20)

Doesn't surprise me that Leeds is top!!! Been to visit my mate a few times and it certainly has a rah element to it!!
who the hell even says rah
What would you count me as, then, if I went to a state school but after I finished that went to an independent college to complete my schooling?

Please note, that this college is open to people of all ages but it is pricey.

Does this mean I am a Rah? or what?

Imagine if one was to type the working-class in such a negative way so publicly.

Double standards, got to love them!
Original post by AlexanderTheGreat
What would you count me as, then, if I went to a state school but after I finished that went to an independent college to complete my schooling?

Please note, that this college is open to people of all ages but it is pricey.

Does this mean I am a Rah? or what?

Imagine if one was to type the working-class in such a negative way so publicly.

Double standards, got to love them!

Rah doesn't apply to all private school students, nor does chav apply to all state school students.
Original post by TheCount.
Rah doesn't apply to all private school students, nor does chav apply to all state school students.

Here, here!
Reply 326
To be honest, I went to public school for sixth form (admittedly on scholarship) so I was used to a 'rah' environment, but I still found the level of posh-ness in Durham intimidating! I ended up in Leicester, probably the least 'rah' university in existence.

Latest

Trending

Trending