The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

BA Creative Direction for Fashion at LCF

Hi!

I am looking to apply this year - well duh - and I have done all the relevant things in terms of open days and getting my application ready (hoping to send it by this weekend). My previous choices were

LCF: Fashion Public Relations, Fashion Marketing & Promotion
CSM: Fashion ( Promotion w/ Communication Pathway)
MIDDLESEX: Fashion Design, Styling & Promotion
RAVENSBOURNE: Fashion ( Promotion and Communication Pathway)

However, due to funding Ravensbourne is not doing the course I want to do this year so I was on the look out for another course within London which does what I like to do, which is Styling, Promotion, Art Direction basically what happens after the clothes are made. I found this new course form LCF BA Creative Direction which hasn't been validated yet, but sounds amazing!

Of course there isn't an open day for it, but I was wondering if anyone else is planning to apply to this course or if they have anymore information on it, or even applying to any of the courses I am applying to.

I know LCF said you should really apply to one course, but they are all so closely linked I don't see why I can't.

Any help please!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello!

I’m also going to apply for the Creative Direction course at LCF (also the courses at Middlesex and CSM), it does look really good but I can’t find any information on it either! I was searching for the Ravensbourne one because I went for an open day there last year and thought it looked really good, quite disappointed that it isn’t still around.

When I was reading the description of the Creative Direction course I thought it sounded more focused on digital promotion than non-digital, if that makes sense? Do you think there will be an equal balance of the two? The CSM course looks amazing and I’d love to go there but doubt I’d get in.

Which course are you most interested in? :smile:
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Hello!!

Great to hear that someone else is applying to the same courses as me! I agree that I agree that it does look at digital promotion alot, but I don't think they can talk about digital promotion without looking at how promotion developed.

I think you should apply for CSM, there is no harm in applying. Take all the options available and then make your choice. I decided to to apply for BA Public Relations at LCF now.

Let me know how everything goes for you and I will keep you updated on mine!
Reply 3
aw man i saw this creative direction course at lcf today so it's too late for me to apply! it sounds so amazing though, but i'll try and apply for it after i've done my art foundation course (which i'm hoping will be at csm!) good luck to you both though, let me know how the course is :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by rochelle.
Hello!

I’m also going to apply for the Creative Direction course at LCF (also the courses at Middlesex and CSM), it does look really good but I can’t find any information on it either! I was searching for the Ravensbourne one because I went for an open day there last year and thought it looked really good, quite disappointed that it isn’t still around.

When I was reading the description of the Creative Direction course I thought it sounded more focused on digital promotion than non-digital, if that makes sense? Do you think there will be an equal balance of the two? The CSM course looks amazing and I’d love to go there but doubt I’d get in.

Which course are you most interested in? :smile:

Did you get an interview for Creative Direction today?

I have interviews for CSM tomo and Middlesex on Wednesday!
Reply 5
Has anyone heard back yet? i had my interview almost 2 weeks ago and not heard yet x
Reply 6
Answered your question on another thread but no I haven't heard back.. I rang admissions and they said the end of the month as they are still going through all the paperwork.
Reply 7
Original post by nataliejadeb
Answered your question on another thread but no I haven't heard back.. I rang admissions and they said the end of the month as they are still going through all the paperwork.

aw ok thanks for letting me know! good luck! when was your interview? xx
Reply 8
Original post by fayxo
aw ok thanks for letting me know! good luck! when was your interview? xx

HI,

My interview was March 7th, so I have been waiting for but. My interview did go well, so I hope its good news!!

How did your interview go?
Reply 9
oh you got a nice early interview ! glad it went well. i thought mine went well too, out of all my uni interviews i think i felt most positive about that one, felt really relaxed. i know there are loads of applicants though so stil not sure if i'll get an offer or not.

i see you applied for CSM, how did your interview go there? i would have been so nervous! xx
Reply 10
Yeah a nice early interview, but a longer wait!

I see what you mean about it going too well - I kinda have that feeling too, but they seemed to really like my portfolio and my answers. Fingers crossed it's my first choice. I have already got an unconditional from Middlesex, but until I get all my replies I'm not making a decision.

CSM was beyond a joke was in there for five minutes, I honestly couldn't say if I had got it or not but I am leaning towards I didn't get it. I'm not too bothered from the open day it seemed like they don't have taught lessons. Why am I paying £3000+ for a degree with no taught lessons - Am I just working for the name. I understand you have to work independently but not with no support. I dunno it doesn't sound like a degree for me.

I didn't know there was alot of applicants since it came out late on UCAS and on lcf's website

Where else did you apply?
Reply 11
Did you hear back???? i just got a conditional offer! came through at like 6am today though lol!

yeah i get that impression of CSM. i think it is like that at camberwell as well to be honest.

i thought creative direction wouldn't have many applicants too but my course director told me its been wayyy oversubscribed and theyve continued to get a lot of applicants even after the deadline.. (im already at LCF doing the access course)

i also applied to UCA rochester, UCA epsom, fashion journalism at LCF but then withdrew because its not the right course for me, and southampton. xxxx
Reply 12
Original post by fayxo
Did you hear back???? i just got a conditional offer! came through at like 6am today though lol!

yeah i get that impression of CSM. i think it is like that at camberwell as well to be honest.

i thought creative direction wouldn't have many applicants too but my course director told me its been wayyy oversubscribed and theyve continued to get a lot of applicants even after the deadline.. (im already at LCF doing the access course)

i also applied to UCA rochester, UCA epsom, fashion journalism at LCF but then withdrew because its not the right course for me, and southampton. xxxx

Woke up not long ago to the good news!! Unconditional offer, but now its all the student finance business out now. I would think they would get applicants after the deadline as most people I've heard sent there applications before december so they didn't get a chance to change it until after.

Right now I am only waiting for Fashion Communication with Promotion at CSM and Fashion Styling & Photography at LCF, but I may withdraw the LCF place.

I will be honest with you UCA Rochester isn't that great. I used to go there and I find they pick and choose who they want to help, but at the same I felt like I was at school no sort of independence you couldn't be too creative. I was doing fashion design there so I don't know about fashion promotion - that seemed like an okay course. epsom on the other hand is really good.

But where are you planning to go?

X
I've got a conditional offer too. So relieved as Creative Direction was my first choice, now there's just the stress of finding somewhere to live and the finance. Well done to you both!
Reply 14
I'm either going to go to lcf or Epsom. I'm swaying towards Epsom from my gut feeling, but so tempted by creative direction. It looks like an incredible course :/ there are things I don't like about lcf though so it's tricky.

What are you doing at the moment? Are you studying? Xxx
Reply 15
PS well done!! :smile:
Original post by fayxo
I'm either going to go to lcf or Epsom. I'm swaying towards Epsom from my gut feeling, but so tempted by creative direction. It looks like an incredible course :/ there are things I don't like about lcf though so it's tricky.

What are you doing at the moment? Are you studying? Xxx

Im studying Art & Design Foundation at LCF at the moment. I can understand why you are a little uncertain about LCF. It's a place you either love or hate studying at, for me although there are certain aspects I don't like such as hours being cut cos the tutor's pay has been cut etc but LCF has such a strong link with the industry and the tutors genuinely have an interest in you and your ambitions, at least in my case anyway. The only thing I would say is that they leave you working very independently so if you are someone who likes a lot of support and input, maybe LCF isn't the place suited to you.

I got an offer from Epsom too although I really loved Tony, the course leader for Creative Direction and I feel I would enjoy three years with him more than the course leaders at Epsom.

xx
Reply 17
I'm at lcf at the mo too doing the access course :smile: I agree with everything you said to be honest! I quite like working independently though, I've enjoyed the freedom this year.. And I really liked Tony too he gave a lecture to our course at the beginning of the year and it was amazing!

I think I might be better suited to Epsom though, I like that it's quite small and seems like a community, the atmosphere is so much friendlier.

Are you going to live in halls? Xxx
I get what you mean about Epsom, although I'm the type of person who thrives on the fast pace of London so I think I'll be staying with LCF.

I'm not sure. I've lived in halls this year and I don't like it at all, the only good aspect is living so close to your friends. I'm probably gonna try and find private accommodation to rent, although it will be so expensive! What about you?

xx
Reply 19
Original post by KirstieMarie
I've got a conditional offer too. So relieved as Creative Direction was my first choice, now there's just the stress of finding somewhere to live and the finance. Well done to you both!

Well done!!

Creative Direction is my first choice too!! London is expensive so be warned. I am going to look into private accomodation though as I want to move out - I need my personal space. The finance as usual will always be a problem.

What are you doing about it all? Have you made a firm choice now?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending