The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Living at Jubilee Campus...

I visited the uni yesterday, really liked it on the whole. They did mention that the accomodation is sorted by whoever applies first, so just wanted to get it sorted in case i DO get an offer.

Im looking to study computer science, which is on the jubilee campus. I did prefer the university campus as a place though, seemed much nicer. I dunno if I should get accomodation on Jubilee campus as i will be around people with similar interests, or apply for accomodation on uni park campus and *hope* that i get put with like minded people :smile:

We didnt actually get to see what the accomodation was like on jubilee campus, what are your thoughts? Should i go on jubilee accomodation OR uni park accomodation

EDIT: Wrong Forum :mad: Meant to put it on the Nottingham one :eek: :confused:
My course is also on Jubilee but im staying on uni park and dont regret it, your much closer to all facilities and societies and alot of international students live in jubilee. Iv probably spoke to more people on my course from uni park than from jubilee. Also all rooms on jubilee are en euite so expensivest, however their not actually big in terms of size compared to uni park. The rooms are like corridor shaped.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
if you're studying computer science then live on jubilee. its great. I study cs too and the thing I like the most about living on jubilee is that I can basically fall out of bed and still make it to lectures in 5 mins :biggrin:

not all the rooms here are en suite, there's raleigh park, which isnt technically on jubilee but seems to have a good price going for different types of accomodation, I'm thinking of moving there from Newark next term.
Reply 3
Raleigh park is self catered though, so that's something to consider. xx
No way religh parks miles away from everything, if you want self catered id say best option is to stay on uni park and just go to the occasional meal as it doesnt work out too much or stay on Broadgate which is self cater and near uni park.
Reply 5
If you want to be self catered, i *really* wouldn't pay for catered, and then not eat and then buy your own food. It just seems ridiculous. And i don't know about other people's kitchens, but we were provided with a fridge and a kettle, that's it. Can't really whip up meals in there. We don't even have cupboards. xx
Reply 6
Raleigh's not miles away. It's minutes from Jubilee, and from there you can catch the hopper to the center of the University Park campus. Only, Raleigh has the added bonus of offering you more freedom, choice over your meals, and is centrally located between the uni and the city on a main road, which makes it far easier for those who like their nights out or city trips.
Jianren
Raleigh's not miles away. It's minutes from Jubilee, and from there you can catch the hopper to the center of the University Park campus. Only, Raleigh has the added bonus of offering you more freedom, choice over your meals, and is centrally located between the uni and the city on a main road, which makes it far easier for those who like their nights out or city trips.

yeh but its still quite far from uni park which is what i was talking about and if he has to firstly walk and then get the hopper bus from jub to uni park, you may as well stay on uni park. Plus the hopper service doesnt seem to run that frequently on evening and saturdays (not sure if it does at all on sat) and not on sundays.
Reply 8
lol he has legs, he can walk :p: seriously its not that far. nice walk too.
Reply 9
Don't be daft, it's not that far at all, honestly. I walk past Raleigh Park to Uni Park most days. I actually find it's a FAR nicer walk from Raleigh to Uni Park, than for example, Rutland or Sherwood to Clive Granger. Walking from the halls to Clive Granger kills me - walking from Raleigh to Clive Granar is a pleasant 20 minute stroll.
Reply 10
Um, but the guy is on jubilee anyway, so he'd probably prefer to be close to there than uni park! :confused:
Reply 11
yeah and I think raleigh park is closer to jubilee anyway. from what I've heard, its a nice location, not too far from jubilee or uni park.
Reply 12
It's minutes from Jubilee *shrugs* Even better.
I study CS and live at Cripps on Uni Park. No problems/complaints here. There is a free bus that goes every fifteen minutes and will get you there in about 20 minutes (to right outside the CTF where lectures are).

What I'm trying to say is that the location is not an issue. Stay where you think you'd be happiest. Uni park has all of the facilities, bars and so on. Jubilee is closer to town. (some **** just knocked on my window)

Latest

Trending

Trending