The Student Room Group

Data Flow Diagram

I'm supposed to be doing a DFD for a real time system of my choice (I chose a Cash Point (ATM)). So - showing all the inputs to the system, all the processes involved and all the outputs.

I've started it, using the symbols she wanted us to use, eg: Circle for process, Recntangle for Entity. But it's already getting really messy with arrows all over the place, so I'm sure I must be doing it wrong.

Click spoiler for overcrowed DFD:

Spoiler

How am I supposed to be laying it out, so that it doesn't get so overcrowded with arrows all over the place? I've not done one of these diagrams before... :s-smilie:

Thanks.
Reply 1
Stop using curly arrows. :wink:
Reply 2
Yeah just needs tidying up a bit.

When I was learning these we did them landscape with the processes left to right & the data going up and down.

PS drawing cash will affect the balance & obv there's other stuff like checking the amount can be dispensed using the notes that are left in the machines hoppers - cos you'll get fired if more money comes out of people accounts than your software is actually giving them.
Reply 3
Hi,
Do you use any software to draw DFD diagrams? I will recommend you to try Microsoft Visio 2010 for creating DFD diagrams. It is very easy to use and has great features. Hope this will help you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending