The Student Room Group

More AQA CS NEA Analysis Help!

Hi everyone,

In the midst of doing my analysis on a quiz app but I'm confused on whether I need a client or not and how many existing solutions I should/how to do it. What I have so far is that I've told a teacher that I'm making a quiz app but I'm not really solving it for her, is she just a prospective user then? So would I label her and her students as prospective users of the system I'm building? Also, does my problem need to relate to a person or can be it just be like popular quiz apps don't support many question types?

I have so many questions because different people are saying different things and different exemplars are doing different things.

Please can someone support me? (doing AQA btw)

Thanks!
Reply 1
It's easier with a client but you don't have to have one. It just needs to solve a problem so not having the problem relate to any person should be fine, although you could always have yourself as the client, or someone close you know
Reply 2
Original post by Teruko
It's easier with a client but you don't have to have one. It just needs to solve a problem so not having the problem relate to any person should be fine, although you could always have yourself as the client, or someone close you know

okay thank you then for the interview, would that be the client or just a general user of an existing system?
Reply 3
Original post by mskr710
okay thank you then for the interview, would that be the client or just a general user of an existing system?

Either or both is fine, as long as they have some idea of what they want to see in the solution (which you can always tell them beforehand)
Reply 4
okay thanks

also is this the right way to do a DFD for an existing solution.
Reply 5
Data flow diagram? I'd probably move the actions like "enter quiz details" to the arrows rather than giving them discrete boxes in the diagram, since typically a box means a destination rather than an action. Unless you mean to put "Add new question page/menu/subsystem" as the box in which case it would be alright. I'm not sure you even need to specify the actions actually - you only need to explicitly show the movement of data around the system, rather than what's happening (no harm in it of course, but the actions aren't so important in a DFD to deserve their own boxes (attached mine for reference)).
Reply 6
Original post by Teruko
Data flow diagram? I'd probably move the actions like "enter quiz details" to the arrows rather than giving them discrete boxes in the diagram, since typically a box means a destination rather than an action. Unless you mean to put "Add new question page/menu/subsystem" as the box in which case it would be alright. I'm not sure you even need to specify the actions actually - you only need to explicitly show the movement of data around the system, rather than what's happening (no harm in it of course, but the actions aren't so important in a DFD to deserve their own boxes (attached mine for reference)).

okay okay thank you, oh yeah for "Quiz Details" that box represents a data store meaning it will be stored in a database

Quick Reply

Latest