The Student Room Group

Do you buy Christmas Cards?

If so, who do you send them to and how much do you spend on them per Christmas in total?
Yes i do. I send them to myself and i spend approximately £5.97 every christmas.
Reply 2
I buy them in January and store them for the forthcoming year so that I can get them for half price or 75% off.

I typically buy around 100 a year. Around 10 handmade luxury cards. About 60 expensive high-quality well-designed cards. And 30ish small cards. I aim never to spend around £10-£20 which is easily achievable when I'm buying them so discounted.
Original post by i.am.lost
I buy them in January and store them for the forthcoming year so that I can get them for half price or 75% off.

I typically buy around 100 a year. Around 10 handmade luxury cards. About 60 expensive high-quality well-designed cards. And 30ish small cards. I aim never to spend around £10-£20 which is easily achievable when I'm buying them so discounted.

Great idea :smile: I must remember to do that this year.
Reply 4
I bought about £10 worth from a charity, and sent them to family, and friends.

Buying them a year early is a good idea, but I do like raising a little bit of money for charity with them, which sort of rules doing that out to my mind.
Reply 5
nope, cards are pointless
Reply 6
They just get chucked out (or recycled) a few weeks later, so they're a waste of money IMO. The only people I'd want to send cards to, friends, close and some extended family members, I see at Christmas anyway.
Reply 7
Nope. I like photoshopping/making and designing my own cards, so I get a bit creative.
Reply 8
Don't think cards are pointless, it's the thought that counts.

I always make a point of buying some cos I think it's a nice gesture. I used to send lots but I've decided to only send about 10-20 now. This year I spent about £7 on the cards (not including postage).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending