The Student Room Group

A2 Geography - AQA exam 1/2/11

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi guys new to this thread, really haven't done much in way of preparation for this exam because had tonnes of other exams... don't really know how to revise for it, just gonna go over each item and try and look up stuff on the internet for each one. Thanks for that bestofbelfast.com site btw I'll have a look through:smile:

Just watched the vid on thebestofbelfast website! Really great thanks a lot :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 21
Anyone have any idea what possible stats could come up in this exam in regards to the data provided? Thanks in advance.
Hiya, Just wondering if anyone could answer this question i got given in a booklet,

What problems could arise as a result of the implementation of the proposed schemes? (think its refering to the Laganside development/ Neighbourhood renewal strategy and the troubles)

Also along the same lines

Identify any difficulties in the implementation of the proposals? And then what would you do about them?

:smile:
Reply 23
Recently in class, we've been linking the whole resource together and looking at Belfast as a HOLISTIC view, rather than just the seperate items in the booklet.
Thinking about sustainability and the effects on surrounding area, by spread effects and trickle down.
Possible 15 mark field work question?
Reply 24
What sort of things do we need to be including in 'outline fieldwork you could conduct' questions?
GEO4BJan2011Belfast.docx
I looked over a few forums and found this booklet a teacher made with some practise questions, its really helped me
The questions are towards the end of the book
I have no idea how to revise for this exam :smile: I think i'll just go over the resources again and do some practice questions
Reply 28
Original post by DellaLouise
I have no idea how to revise for this exam :smile: I think i'll just go over the resources again and do some practice questions

Me neither, I hate this exam I took it in summer 2010 and felt it went amazing but got a D. Not looking forward to it.
Reply 29
in terms of fieldwork questions:
- remember to highlight an aim, even a fairly basic aim will pick you up some marks, then link this to an hypothesis for your fieldwork study
- explain how and why you selected the areas you are going to study (random sampling? ease of access? variety of income area?)
- briefly talk about health and safety assesment (not going alone etc)
- would you conduct a pilot study and why?
- how would you present the data? graphs etc
- how would you analyse the data? statistical tests (it would be good to mention specifics to gain some extra marks)
- REMEMBER TO DO A CONCLUSION!!

as long as you apply the basics to the question asked it shouldn't be that difficult to pick up marks here :smile:
Reply 30
is everyone ready?
Reply 31
I think I'm ready, and klorne has hit the nail on the head with how to answer a fieldwork question :smile:
this.
good luck everyone!
Reply 33
good luck guys. we'll be fine! POSITIVITY!
good luck everyone! :biggrin:
Reply 35
deffo a fail
I hate this so much! Good luck everyone.
I have such a headache after that :frown: how did everyone else find it?
There are some weird questions.
Original post by arandomname
There are some weird questions.

agreed :smile: i thought the first question was hard and there wasn't enough to say for 7 marks, most of my class ended up drawing a diagram

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending