The Student Room Group

Did you cry when Princess Diana died?

Poll

Did you cry when Princess Diana died?

:colondollar:

where were you and how did you hear of the news? Did it affect you at all?

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

No, don't remember where I was. Wasn't that important anyway.
Reply 2
I remember I was little, like 6 or 7.

And I was pissed off that every channel had her funeral on, and there was nothing to watch.
I vaguely remember my mum going on a rant about how much she didn't like her, so much so we didn't get any breakfast :frown:
Reply 4
Was too young to remember it well enough. I vaguely remember my mum crying though.
Reply 5
It was all over the radio when she died.

And the windscreen.

And the steering wheel.

And the gear stick.

Ad Infinitum.
Reply 6
No, I don't read The Daily Express.
Reply 7
People die all the time.
Reply 8
I didn't even know who she was when she died as I was probably 4/5, I recall seeing her on tv but never knew who she was.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
No, I didn't know her. I don't cry every time I turn on the news and hear a woman's been murdered or that dozens of people have died because of a bomb/natural disaster.
Reply 10
people on tsr are old!
I vaguely remember complaining that the Sunday morning kids' TV was ****.
Why would I? Not trying to be cruel here, but people I don't know die every day, I don't cry for any of them.
My mum did and so did my aunt.

I was a bit too young to remember... 6-7 years old.
Did I care when Princess Diana died?
I was living in a different country at that time, too young to care and people die everyday.

I've cried when those nearest and dearest have passed away.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 16
I was 6, so I doubt I cried about it.

I remember my mum being shocked but I don't remember her crying.
I didn't know who she was, so I was fairly meh towards the whole situation. I went to go light a candle in Campbell Park for her, but only because I felt I was supposed to :erm:
i don't think i cried because i was too young and didn't really get what was going on (kinda like 9/11, except i got what happened but didn't realize how big of a deal it was).

i do remember watching her funeral on the tv and my parents being sad. that's about it.
Reply 19
I was too young to care, but I wouldn't of because I despise the monarchy and people die all the time...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending