The Student Room Group

Opinions on Capital Punishment

We have to do a survey on opinions for Capital Punishment for history + seeing as i won't be able to interview enough people by tomorrow (we got it today + it's due tomorrow) i thought I'd ask you lovely TSR people.

Questions:

1) age
2) gender
3) religion
4) ethnicity
5) are you in favour of it?
6) if no, why? if yes, under what circumstances

Reply 1
Original post by EmManzo
1) age
2) gender
3) religion
4) ethnicity
5) are you in favour of it?
6) if no, why? if yes, under what circumstances

age - 21
gender - male
religion - hinduism
ehtnicity - indian
favour - yes
circumstance - extreme cases of serial murder/rape where reform doesnt work
1)18
2)male
3)christian
4)the only gay eskimo
5)no
6)capital punishment= state murder. I am against murder, even if the state prop it up under a different name. Pro-Deportation of criminal in question.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
So there we have it, all Indians are for, all white people are against.
Reply 4
Original post by EmManzo
We have to do a survey on opinions for Capital Punishment for history + seeing as i won't be able to interview enough people by tomorrow (we got it today + it's due tomorrow) i thought I'd ask you lovely TSR people.

Questions:

1) age 18
2) gender male
3) religion none
4) ethnicity beige
5) are you in favour of it? yes
6) if no, why? if yes, under what circumstances If said person has committed a serious crime such as serial murder/terrorism, or if they are a psycho like that Austrian that kept people in a basement.

Bolded answers.
(edited 13 years ago)
1) 16
2)Female
3)Atheist
4)White British?
5)No
6) Killing the criminal for whatever reason (In this day and age it would be in the really serious cases) would only degrade society to the level of the criminal. By imprisoning the criminal, we show the mercy they obviously didn't display. Higher moral ground, see?
1) age - 18
2) gender - male
3) religion - none
4) ethnicity - mixed race I guess
5) are you in favour of it? - yes.... maybe
6) if no, why? if yes, under what circumstances - If there is unequivocal proof of crimes that I deem against humanity (ex. child rape, serial murder) then yes. Though like anything that is controlled be people, run the possibility of being corrupted.
Reply 7
1) Age - 25
2) Gender - female
3) Religion - agnostic (but brought up Christian)
4) Ethnicity - white
5) Are you in favour of it - no
6) Why? - same reasons as PurpleNinja

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending