The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
susiemakemeblue
Can't you do us a screen shot so we can see exactly what all the votes were?
I'm not lying to you:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 61
well seeing as friday's not working how about monday. I know some of you have early lectures, but lots of people go out when they have early lectures anyway. It seems its either that or it won't happen!

I want to go...I live in Bristol...but I'm not 18 *cry*

Are you a student?

removed!
Reply 62
If it is Monday, we talking this Monday or the one after?
Reply 63
Zakatu

Are you a student?

Its definitely not allowed but i'm 99.9999% sure if you turned up to one of the bars nobody would know. I've never seem them ID (assume your 18 because its a uni bar) and they assume your a student so as long as you don't look really young i don't see it being a problem :smile:

They will ID if there's a big group. Plus, I think it's incredibly irresponsible of you to encourage a minor to break the law.
Reply 64
Peter_E
They will ID if there's a big group. Plus, I think it's incredibly irresponsible of you to encourage a minor to break the law.

Hm, on the other hand rules are for breaking :wink:. I'd have more of a problem with him encouraging people to break moral rules than a pretty stupid law really.

Cxx
Reply 65
ciara
Hm, on the other hand rules are for breaking :wink:. I'd have more of a problem with him encouraging people to break moral rules than a pretty stupid law really.

Cxx

Regardless of whether anyone thinks it's a stupid law, the fact remains that if a bar gets caught serving alcohol to under-18s, they lose their license. I don't know about you, but I don't particularly want any of the Stoke Bishop bars to go out of business.
Reply 66
no one is going to shut down a hall bar for the love of god. Think of a the ous that serve underage drinkers, as if a hall bar s going to high on the underage drinking crack down list
Reply 67
To get back on topic, whens the crawl?
Reply 68
Gexko
To get back on topic, whens the crawl?

Good question
Reply 69
Clearly one without an answer then...
Reply 70
Right, well, the oligarchy has decided the date for the Stoke Bishop bar crawl:

Starting in Wills at 19:30, we'll neck a few cheekies.
Then off to University Hall at 20:10 for another bevvy or two.
At 20:40 we'll toddle over the the Dream-bar in HB for a few.
21:10 we're off to Durdham for a smasher.
About 21:40 we'll leave Durdham and climb all the way up to Churchill to laugh at their bar and smelly JCR. ( :p: )
And then 22:15 we'll roll down the Hill to Badock to start the serious drinking.

Badock bar closes at 23:00, so I imagine that some of us could share a cab to the lounge or something if the mood taketh.

See you there (including 1< years and Clifton people!)
Reply 71
Steveee
Right, well, the oligarchy has decided the date for the Stoke Bishop bar crawl:

Starting in Wills at 19:30, we'll neck a few cheekies.
Then off to University Hall at 20:10 for another bevvy or two.
At 20:40 we'll toddle over the the Dream-bar in HB for a few.
21:10 we're off to Durdham for a smasher.
About 21:40 we'll leave Durdham and climb all the way up to Churchill to laugh at their bar and smelly JCR. ( :p: )
And then 22:15 we'll roll down the Hill to Badock to start the serious drinking.

Badock bar closes at 23:00, so I imagine that some of us could share a cab to the lounge or something if the mood taketh.

See you there (including 1< years and Clifton people!)

Pregunta uno! Do we really have to go to ALL the Stoke Bishop bars? I've heard some of them really aren't up to standard .... or at least start the crawl half an hour earlier so we can have longer at Badock Bar. :wink:

Pregunta dos! When's the fecking date? :confused: edit : ah, just checked another topic - this Monday, k.

Pregunta tres! Don't you think we should make sure enough people are gonna turn up before we confirm anything?
Reply 72
This Monday. Glory be: I may not be doing something that night.
Reply 73
I can't make Monday. But then, it's probably best if nobody meets me and I remain mysterious..:wink:. Plus you're leaving out all Clifton bars, so I can't be bothered anyway.

Cxx
Reply 74
Steveee, mate. You couldn't organise a p*ss up in Badock Bar. :biggrin:
Reply 75
ciara
I can't make Monday. But then, it's probably best if nobody meets me and I remain mysterious..:wink:. Plus you're leaving out all Clifton bars, so I can't be bothered anyway.

Cxx

ooo I think I saw you the other day in town, by the boulangerie place?

That actually sounds quite scary!
Reply 76
There's never any date when everyone can make it, so this Monday is the best we can come up with. I felt that we should go to all the bars, because, frankly, not many people have been to them all. Also Phil, we've got 45 minutes in Badock rather than the thirty in the others - partly so that if we go out of schedule and run late then we've got time to catch up, but also because it's the best :p:.

Monday the 21st. We'll do another one next term, yes? Perhaps in Clifton? However - can you just say if you're going to come (as it would be nice to know that I'm not going to be with the Rahs in Wills alone :p: ).
yea this mondays ok, i might come but duno where wills bar is! r u sure badock shuts at 11 i think its 10.30 on the weeknights
Reply 78
Will be in the Wills bar anyway on monday so will tag along :smile:
Reply 79
Sian01
ooo I think I saw you the other day in town, by the boulangerie place?

That actually sounds quite scary!

Yeah I go to that boulangerie place like every day! Nice and cheap plus opposite the law building..shame about the queue though.

Cxx

Latest

Trending

Trending