The Student Room Group

What does this offer mean?

This offer is subject to you obtaining
A minimum of 280 UCAS Tariff points
including

GCE A level
Grades BC

For LX33 at Keele University

Can someone spell out exactly what they want?

How does BC work when I'm doing 3 subjects? I sound tremendously thick, I know :o:o:redface:

Thank you
So long as you get a B and a C or above, it doesn't matter what your third grade is, it could be a U for all they care. Though you still have to be over 280 points.
Reply 2
Get a B and a C in two of your three subjects and you will fulfil the requirements :smile: The other subject doesn't matter.
Reply 3
You must obtain a total of 280 UCAS points with the A levels you're doing and you have to have at least 1 B and 1 C (you can get higher ofcourse).

So you're doing 3 A levels. I'm assuming you haven't got any AS levels:

B = 100 points
C = 80 points

You must obtain a B in your last subject to make 280 points in total.

Ofcourse, you could get something like ACC (120+80+80 = 280).
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by ilickbatteries
including

GCE A level
Grades BC

How does BC work when I'm doing 3 subjects? I sound tremendously thick, I know :o:o:redface:

Thank you

THEY BASICALLY WANT 'B' 'C' from 2 A-LEVELs and Another grade to total 280... which in your case 100 points ie B from other A-level :smile:
Reply 5
it means you have to get 280 points. but you cant' get like4D's and an E.
you have to have at least BC and then you can make up the other 100 points however you want, using an as grade as well for example
Original post by boba
it means you have to get 280 points. but you cant' get like4D's and an E.
you have to have at least BC and then you can make up the other 100 points however you want, using an as grade as well for example

Could I get

ABD? Cos that's 280...

or does every grade have to be C or above?

I can't decide between Keele and York. If York give me an offer it'll likely be BBB, but since I'm not getting at least a B in everything I'd likely fail the BBB offer and end up at my insurance and in poor accom and the like, since Keele students don't get insurance accom or anything.

I'm hoping York take pity on me and offer me ABC/AAC rather than BBB. Though if I get a B in my english exam this month i'll firm york

decisions decisions! :s-smilie:
including

GCE A level
Grades BC

Thank you

You need to have at least 280 points, and that must include at least grades BC.
including

GCE A level
Grades BC

Thank you

I understand it from looking at this sort of tariff table

http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/ucas_tariff/tarifftables/

that since B = 100 and C = 80

to get 280 point you would have to get 2 Bs and a C if you are doing 3 A levels. However you could also get BC DE if you were doing 4 A levels or BCD and an AS level at grade c (as long as you did not go on to do an A2 exam in the same subject.

Because they have stipulated the BC you would not meet the conditions if you got CCC and an additional grade c at AS level even though it adds up to 280 points.

If anyone thinks I have not explained it correctly please shout up :colondollar:

so ABD would be fine, as that includes at least the B and the C and then the extra points
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
including

GCE A level
Grades BC

Thank you

It emans

1. You need to obtain at least 280 UCAS points. If you get less you are not guaranteed a place.

2. You need at least ONE B and ONE C. Should you achieve AA or AB or BB or AC or BC or A*B or A*A* or A*C, you will get a guaranteed place in this uni.

If you don't get these, you can still be accepted, but its not guaranteed. Should many others 'flop' as well, then you could get the place.
Could I get

ABD? Cos that's 280...

I can't decide between Keele and York. If York give me an offer it'll likely be BBB, but since I'm not getting at least a B in everything I'd likely fail the BBB offer and end up at my insurance and in poor accom and the like, since Keele students don't get insurance accom or anything.

I'm hoping York take pity on me and offer me ABC/AAC rather than BBB. Though if I get a B in my english exam this month i'll firm york

No, that's fine - as long as there are two subjects in there that are BC or above* and the total adds up to 280 or above, all if fine.

(edited 13 years ago)
Thank you very much, you are all very clever people :biggrin:
Reply 12
Could I get

ABD? Cos that's 280...

yes
Reply 13
Original post by TheSownRose

you're forgetting your stats

A*A*
A*A
AA
Original post by Pheylan
you're forgetting your stats

A*A*
A*A
AA

Told you it was off the top of my head. :p:
Reply 15
u

:erm: Does this mean your sig is out of date?
Original post by MylesXD
:erm: Does this mean your sig is out of date?

It does :eek:

MUST BE CHANGED

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending