The Student Room Group

do investment banks check 1st year transcripts for summer internships?

^^
You may be asked to submit a transcript as part of the background checking process to verify what you stated during the application
Original post by gradschemebuck
You may be asked to submit a transcript as part of the background checking process to verify what you stated during the application

I mean like do they generally ask what you are predicted to get or do they actually want the transcript, cause 1st year does not count toward the overall degree?
bump
Original post by thomas234542
bump

Hey, from my experience investment banks don't check transcripts at all and will also just take your predicted grade on your word (so make sure it's 2.1 or a 1st at least). The only thing academia wise they will check is that you actually go to the university and are in the year you say you're in - you'll have to provide proof of attendance, when you graduate etc. which you can get via your university portal or by getting in touch with your academic office.

The only profession I know of that checks grades from every year is Law, for whatever reason law firms like to ask your individual module marks from each year and presumably check these out if hired.
No - very limited screening.
Reply 6
does that mean that they only check after the internship ? or if hypothetically one was to receive a grad offer would they check in the summer prior to you joining full time?

Original post by thatapanydude
No - very limited screening.
Original post by Geth071002
does that mean that they only check after the internship ? or if hypothetically one was to receive a grad offer would they check in the summer prior to you joining full time?

When taking up a grad offer, typically you do have to submit your transcript and degree certificate.

What you say as your 'predicted' grade doesn't really matter as long as you meet the banks' entry requirements, which is normally a 2.1. If you apply for an internship saying you're predicted a 1st, you do the internship and get a grad offer conditional on you getting X grade, you simply have to meet that requirement, not the one you stated as your predicted grade.

I once knew someone who got a grad offer of a 2.2 from Cambridge, somehow they got a third haha and lost their grad offer. So your final result does matter, but only in so far as you meet their requirement. But you will have to prove you've met it
(edited 11 months ago)
no checks afaik

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending