The Student Room Group

Tottenham Hotspur Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by rockrunride
As was the £49 we were charged for Fulham and the £59 for Chelsea, and we still sold all our allocation. Fans will be stretched, it seems :frown:

Absolutely ridiculous. I was amazed when the Dortmund fans refused to go to an away game because they were being charged 20euros. Nobody went and they lowered the price. Pity the fan schemes can't organise fans as easily.
Pretty sure much like the Drog, Ade is pretty heavily involved with giving money back to his community. I doubt Ade will drop his wage demands enough for Spurs. He would need to accept less than 100k p/w, which I can't see him doing. Unless of course he gets a mutual termination with City, then he could do a Ballack and money saved in transfer is seen in wages.

Interesting how the Modric situation is developing looks like a win win for Spurs, either you keep him, he leaves and you get Sahin in return, or he leaves for a shed load and AVB moves in for Moutinho if the rumours are to be believed.
Reply 1982
Considering what Yak got, I won't be surprised if Ade goes to China as well.
Here we go, here we go, here we go. It's official.

Reply 1984

He has officially signed? Interesting :beard:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Is AVB like a younger and not quite as good Mourinho?
Reply 1986
Original post by UniOfLife
Is AVB like a younger and not quite as good Mourinho?

He isn't as charismatic and doesn't breed the ridiculous loyalty that Mourinho does but he is clearly a very clever manager with a very forward thinking philosophy. Would have really liked him at Liverpool.
Should do great at Tottenham though, just needs the players to buy into his system which will involve a manager actually telling players what to do, rotation and training at the very least.

Great news to see AVB back, if he fails again then fair enough we can call him a bottler nd he can retire to Italy or back to Portugal but all the whispers and promises of his gorgeous footballing philosophy might finally make an appearance upon these fair isles :sogood:

When does Sigurdsson sign tbh? And that Vermaelen Mk.II?
Reply 1988
I think Villas Boas could be really fantastic for you guys. :yep:
Original post by Abiraleft
I think Villas Boas could be really fantastic for you guys. :yep:

The problem would be in his man management skills. By all accounts he had a lot of problems with the more senior players at Chelsea, which may have involved a battle of wills, and there may be a degree of prejudice against him within the Spurs dressing room. If he can turn that around his favoured style should suit the Tottenham ethos very well - and he favours rotation!
Reply 1990
Glad to see AVB appointed; personally I think he's a perfect replacement for Redknapp, if only for the fact he understands what tactics are. I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with this transfer window too. Vertonghen and Sigurdsson both look like bargains.

Original post by Darth Vader 7
He's actually on £225k. There is no way a sensible person would take him on. His wages are disgusting for what he actually contributes on the pitch. You could get much better with wages a quarter that tbh.

That's absolute bull****. Even The Sun - who regularly claim Touré is paid £250k p/w - don't claim that. By most accounts he's on somewhere between £150-180k p/w.

That said, I agree that his wages are disgusting when you consider his performances.
I can see AVB crumbling like he did with Chelsea, Spurs will just about scrape Europa League football next season in my honest opinion.
Original post by Good bloke
The problem would be in his man management skills. By all accounts he had a lot of problems with the more senior players at Chelsea, which may have involved a battle of wills, and there may be a degree of prejudice against him within the Spurs dressing room. If he can turn that around his favoured style should suit the Tottenham ethos very well - and he favours rotation!

Think the only worry is that the players seemed very loyal to Redknapp.

You might need faster CBs to play AVB's style but it's a very positive move.
Hope AVB works. Expect a big CF on the way in soon in my opinion.

Kinda wish Rafa got the job, though.
Original post by pinda.college
I can see AVB crumbling like he did with Chelsea, Spurs will just about scrape Europa League football next season in my honest opinion.

Not sure if this is troll feeding but anyway...

Its hard to imagine a bigger crumble than Tottenham's in the second half of last season. By contrast, I don't recall Chelsea crumbling under AVB - the players there never played well under him.

Zerforax
You might need faster CBs to play AVB's style but it's a very positive move.

We need new ones in any case since we surely can't rely on King, Gallas and Nelsen next season. Kaboul seems quick enough to me. Not sure about Dawson though.
Reply 1995
Any more news on whether King will be forced to retire?

I hope AVB works out for you guys; its going to be an interesting season!
Original post by pinda.college

Absolute bull. I can see Villas-Boas doing very well with Spurs, and hope he does!
I could definitely see you guys getting Joao Moutinho as Modric's replacement now. That would be a like for like replacement imo. Moutinho is that good.

I don't know whether the Siggurdson deal falls through or not as I heard that AVB wants his own signings - not Levy's.
Original post by Darth Vader 7
I could definitely see you guys getting Joao Moutinho as Modric's replacement now. That would be a like for like replacement imo. Moutinho is that good.

I don't know whether the Siggurdson deal falls through or not as I heard that AVB wants his own signings - not Levy's.

Given that AVB wanted Modric for Chelsea last season, I would hope he hangs on to him and a replacement won't be needed.

Quick Reply

Latest