The Student Room Group

Tottenham Hotspur Society II

Scroll to see replies

Kaboul is so ****e/obscure they signed him twice.

Liverpool/Spurs head to head in the banter race every window.
Spurs are in a constant cycle of mediocrity. Don't understand why this thread even exists as there is nothing else to say.
Original post by sr90
Ffs this is so true :lol:

Trippier, Wimmer, Fazio, Rose

That'll be an amazing question on an ''obscure footballers of the 2010s'' quiz in a few years time.

Chris Gunter was my all-time fave.
Original post by Mackay

Gilberto and davenport were two of my favourites, honourable mention for Paul konchesky. If we weren't limiting to defenders then my all time favourite signing would have to be Grzegorz Rasiak

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wade-
Gilberto and davenport were two of my favourites, honourable mention for Paul konchesky. If we weren't limiting to defenders then my all time favourite signing would have to be Grzegorz Rasiak

Posted from TSR Mobile

Davenport got caught battering his girlfriend, didn't he? He's playing at a ridiculously low level these days.
Original post by Mackay
Davenport got caught battering his girlfriend, didn't he? He's playing at a ridiculously low level these days.

I didn't know what had happened to him, didn't realise things had gone that badly since being touted as a future star

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mackay

Zeki Fryers for me. All that effort to pinch probably our worst reserve player, and then never even playing him.

Wasn't Davenport stabbed in both legs?
Original post by sr90

Wasn't Davenport stabbed in both legs?

Something like that. He was arrested last month for assaulting one of his team-mates at his village football match ffs: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3002573/Former-West-Ham-Tottenham-defender-Calum-Davenport-arrested.html
Reply 4588
Don't forget the man of the moment, Gary Doherty, aka The Ginger Pele

Forgot to mention, my all time favourite was Timothée Atouba. The man had mad skills.
(edited 8 years ago)
Rumour has it Alex Pritchard will be given a chance to show his worth to the first team squad next season. Disappointing end to his U-21s tournament having limped home with an injury. Let's hope he follows the likes of Mason and Kane in getting a starting berth and proving himself worthy.
Thought we were a little unlucky to not get anything yesterday, but then again I don't think we played particularly well.
Kane showed promise and that he could carry on last season's form, if only in glimpses.

You're too low on forward options, though. You can't simply rely on Eriksen and Kane in the final third. That's a recipe for disaster.
Original post by Angry Spartan
Thought we were a little unlucky to not get anything yesterday, but then again I don't think we played particularly well.

It was a poor game tbh but i'd take a scrappy 1-0 against a side who'll be pushing for the top four this season.

You badly need 3 attacking players before the window closes though.
Chadli gets goals tbf. It's just that Lamela has been a waste of money.
Original post by Angry Spartan

Yeah I thought so too. It wasn't a good game from both sides but you had chances. Despite United looking better on the team sheet don't think they were that much better. 1-0 probably slightly harsh.
(edited 8 years ago)
Tottenham just don't seem to have any pace without Lamela, though.

Interestingly, I think that they made a really poor decision by not pursuing Benteke. Maybe he wouldn't fit in with Pochetinno's philosophy, or whatever, but he'd be a great and shrewd acquisition at the top of the attacking line for Spurs.

You'd imagine that he and Kane would work together incredibly effectively in tandem, and Eriksen's set-piece delivery and the pace offered by Chadli and Townsend would cause Kane and Benteke to find pockets of space, knock downs etc.
Didn't think Tottenham issues yesterday were the forwards tbh. Bentelab had a really poor game and was so obviously key that he was has heavily marked too, Poch played Dier next to him who is a miserable excuse for a midfielder, it such a one sided pairing it was pretty easy for United to make it worse. Pretty hard to play well at all like that when the midfield pairing is so poor.
Reply 4596
Was surprised to see I got a couple of reps from a post I made in May in this thread...

I was like damn who are all these people trawling way back in the Spurs thread?

Turns out it was only a page ago because no one on this forum talks about Spurs :jester:
Original post by mhsc
Was surprised to see I got a couple of reps from a post I made in May in this thread...

I was like damn who are all these people trawling way back in the Spurs thread?

Turns out it was only a page ago because no one on this forum talks about Spurs :jester:

You are right :bricks:
Reece Oxford reveals he was turned down by Tottenham. Crikey.
Original post by Mackay
Reece Oxford reveals he was turned down by Tottenham. Crikey.

I'm not that concerned about that, look at how many players have come in at a young age and had good game and then a few years later they're a distant memory

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest