The Student Room Group

ccea biology A2 unit 1 Jan 2011 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ajka
Me too! The marks were so varied in my class. I despise reindeer and glad wont have to retake them! :biggrin:

Yea results were varied in mine too... Reindeer... I could kill them all! Haha. You get any more results or just the biology?
Reply 21
Original post by Hellothere!!
Yea results were varied in mine too... Reindeer... I could kill them all! Haha. You get any more results or just the biology?

Why kill them eh? :wink:
I got all mine, biology 105/120, chemistry 110/120, physics 111/111, maths: C3 97/100, M2 100/100, S2 100/100, business studies 78/100 (a B :'( )
What about you?
Reply 22
Does anyone know if I can repeat the AS Biology Unit 3 practical? I did the A2 Biology Unit 1 and got a C :mad: but would rather try and get my points up by repeating the practical if possible. I can't find anything on the CCEA website to say I can or can't resit. Thanks for any info.
Original post by TIGERLILY1
Does anyone know if I can repeat the AS Biology Unit 3 practical? I did the A2 Biology Unit 1 and got a C :mad: but would rather try and get my points up by repeating the practical if possible. I can't find anything on the CCEA website to say I can or can't resit. Thanks for any info.

Yea you can repeat it no bother my mate is doing it again! Its just like repeating a module.. But you will have to question your exams officer for prices etc.. Wht did you get in it first time around?

Hope this helps
Original post by Ajka
Why kill them eh? :wink:
I got all mine, biology 105/120, chemistry 110/120, physics 111/111, maths: C3 97/100, M2 100/100, S2 100/100, business studies 78/100 (a B :'( )
What about you?

Woooow that was some set of results... I got A bio... 105/105 chem. 77/120 in chem aswell i no was gutted... Ordered script back to see were i went wrong and applied for repeat! What do you plan on doing at uni?
Reply 25
Yea you can repeat it no bother my mate is doing it again! Its just like repeating a module.. But you will have to question your exams officer for prices etc.. Wht did you get in it first time around?

Hope this helps

I got 48 out of 60 the first time but I know I made 2 mistakes in the written part so if I can do that again and leave the practical experiment alone that would be great. I'll talk to the exams officer this evening. Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it.
Reply 26
Woooow that was some set of results... I got A bio... 105/105 chem. 77/120 in chem aswell i no was gutted... Ordered script back to see were i went wrong and applied for repeat! What do you plan on doing at uni?

Would you not go for a re mark as well as getting the script back? A friend of my brothers went from a D last year to an A after getting a re mark. I know it doesn't happen often but just a thought. I am tempted to get my Chemistry A2 re marked. Got a C :mad: Is anyone else putting in for a re mark?
Would you not go for a re mark as well as getting the script back? A friend of my brothers went from a D last year to an A after getting a re mark. I know it doesn't happen often but just a thought. I am tempted to get my Chemistry A2 re marked. Got a C :mad: Is anyone else putting in for a re mark?

Yes this is the chemistry unit im talking about! A21! i thought i done well then got 77/120 UMS. Yes when my script comes back roughly next friday i plan on lookin over it and deciding if a remark is a good idea! Hopefully all goes to plan and i go up a grade or two!

An about the biology i got 50/60 in the practical but ended up with 259/300 UMS at AS! I took the A2 exam on jan and got an A really dont know how but my RAW was 68/90! I only counted up during the test that i got 30 right (max). Would you not consider getting that script back??

Thanks for the help!
Reply 28
Yes this is the chemistry unit im talking about! A21! i thought i done well then got 77/120 UMS. Yes when my script comes back roughly next friday i plan on lookin over it and deciding if a remark is a good idea! Hopefully all goes to plan and i go up a grade or two!

An about the biology i got 50/60 in the practical but ended up with 259/300 UMS at AS! I took the A2 exam on jan and got an A really dont know how but my RAW was 68/90! I only counted up during the test that i got 30 right (max). Would you not consider getting that script back??

Thanks for the help!

What is the deadline for putting in for a remark after getting the script? I might do that instead, would give me a better idea if I would get any extra marks rather than taking the chance of it going down. Thanks a lot for that.
What is the deadline for putting in for a remark after getting the script? I might do that instead, would give me a better idea if I would get any extra marks rather than taking the chance of it going down. Thanks a lot for that.

Well i ordered mine on thursday past and my exams officer said that it will take two weeks max and that it leaves me with a week to decide if i would like a remark or not! So around the end of march start of april?? But when you pay your exams officer make sure she sends away for your script that day as they normally wait until everyone has paid to order scripts and remarks which may leave you to late to pay for a remark if you want one after recieveing the script!

Hope this helps!
Reply 30

Thnx :smile: Well done to you too! What unit was it? :frown: that just puts downer on things..well hope its easily corrected errors! Good luck in the repeat! What overall mark are you sitting on?
I have offers for engineering at cambridge for 2012 (they deferred me! :frown: ) and biomedical engineering at Imperial college London for 2011. Don't know which to choose, the whole gap year and fees!! :confused:
What are you planning? :smile:
Original post by Ajka
Thnx :smile: Well done to you too! What unit was it? :frown: that just puts downer on things..well hope its easily corrected errors! Good luck in the repeat! What overall mark are you sitting on?
I have offers for engineering at cambridge for 2012 (they deferred me! :frown: ) and biomedical engineering at Imperial college London for 2011. Don't know which to choose, the whole gap year and fees!! :confused:
What are you planning? :smile:

A2 unit 1... Was quite disheartened by that chemistry module but it's not so bad as I only have 5 exams in June now including the chem repeat! Overall in biology I'm sitting on 358/ 420 I think and chem (including that bad result) 342/ 420 what about you? Plan on doing pharmacy at QUB! Got all my offers back... (all conditional). Are you going to do the Cambridge one or not?? They prob deferred you because they know they can get £9000 fees out of you next year!
Reply 32
A2 unit 1... Was quite disheartened by that chemistry module but it's not so bad as I only have 5 exams in June now including the chem repeat! Overall in biology I'm sitting on 358/ 420 I think and chem (including that bad result) 342/ 420 what about you? Plan on doing pharmacy at QUB! Got all my offers back... (all conditional). Are you going to do the Cambridge one or not?? They prob deferred you because they know they can get £9000 fees out of you next year!

I have 8 exams! :O And that's no repeats! You'll do grand! :wink: In biology I'm on364/420, and in chemistry 441/480 (included the practical unit) So you're from Northern Ireland? :biggrin: What school are you at? I got 4 out of 5 conditional waiting for edingburgh. I don't know yet, depends if I get a decent placement for 2011/2012 school term.
Hmm I think that cambridge would have no problem filling my space :wink: so the cost to them wasn't a factor but made it a big problem for me! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending