The Student Room Group

Mass Effect Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by G8D
Xbox.

Will try again when I'm home later.
Paid stuff downloads but isn't visible yet(only done one or two missions so far).

Not all of the DLC is that important for ME3, but the Arrival and The shadow Broker set up some interesting developments for the final game.
Original post by Hylean
First, Omega isn't a planet, it's a station.

Second, she's not the ruler of the station, she's a crimelord and a rather violent, aggressive one. That was what I was getting at. The nature of her job, as opposed to her job title.

No, because I'm not talking about her job, but her personality. *sighs* FemShep and Ashley, and possibly Tali, but I never really talked to her, are not exactly "feminine". Conversely, Samara and Miranda have always struck me as most definitely "feminine".

That said, if we want to talk stereotypically, they're more likely to be gay.

Nyah, I think we're given a lot of information about Aria.

If you're so well aware of it, why are you stuck talking about stereotypes and physical traits and job titles? "Male nurses", "Asaris do all the dancing", etc. All the more pointless when we're discussing one specific Asari and not the culture, though I did want to move onto that.

I've been trying to analyse Aria given what we know about her personality, and I actually thought the markings on her face were a tattoo, not a genetic thing, so my mistake. I then wanted to take it further and discuss the issues of applying gender theory to a society where gender does not exist. Instead, you refuse to play ball and drag me back to trying to defend the original hypothesis, which whilst interesting, is so less so than the idea of gender in Asari society.

This of course plays into your comment about gender being defined by the person. Can an Asari identify as "masculine" when their society doesn't have such a concept? Hell, does the Asari language have a concept of gender or even sex? As I asked before, did they only begin to think about such concepts after meeting multi-sex and multi-gender species? Beyond that, are the writers and developers at Bioware even aware of Gender theory and Postgenderism, or even care to put it in their games, if they are aware?

I still can't believe you've made such a big thing about ONE word I used in my first post...

Again, I disagree with Ashley and FemShep.

I may be mentioning stereotypes, but that is because YOU are using stereotypes to try to back up your points. The 'nature' of Aria's occupation as a crimelord ie. violent, manipulative - stereotypically male traits, which you are using to back up your argument that her gender is male.

I don't see what there is to discuss about gender in Asari culture, seeing as we would both be making assumptions due to the lack of information available.

I don't think it's important that they know the difference of gender identities. The initial point I made was that as a species they do not have a sex. The whole concept of gender identity seems to be quite controversial: and thus any one person's opinion of another's gender identity is unlikely to ring true anyway.
Original post by LonelySoul193
Could well do. I liked the character so it'd be interesting to delve into her background a bit more :smile:

Plus, Carrie Anne Moss.... :coma: What a delightful woman.

I wouldn't be too surprised if she had a bigger part in the next one.
Which race is everyone's favourite anyway? I'd ask your least favourite but well... that'd be racist :biggrin:

I'd say mine is the Turians - mainly due to Garrus' sheer awesomeness probably.

Spoiler

Original post by G8D
I like Korgans. I don't know why I just do.

I clocked it was Garrus as soon as I seen him :dontknow:

On a side note, Firewalker missions are decent.

No no I meant at the mention of this 'Archangel' character and the realisation that it's Garrus when you see him :smile:
Original post by LonelySoul193
Which race is everyone's favourite anyway?

Turians, cos of people like the guy at customs: "you humans are all racist!"

I'd ask your least favourite but well... that'd be racist :biggrin:

Quarians :colonhash: seriously, the accents are so annoying, and they just feel sorry for themselves all the time
Reply 386
To be honest, I thought it was pretty obvious that Garrus was Archangel just from reading the dossier. I went after him first for that reason. The entire thing screamed "Garrus" to me.

Favourite species? No idea, to be honest. We don't really get to deal with them enough on any large scale to make a comment. I love Wrex, but who doesn't, and I'm fond of Liara, Garrus and Tali, so. I think the Quarians and Asari are really interesting, though.
Reply 387
I really hope that there are more Drell in ME3, would be interesting to have a perspective other than Thane's (as much as I love him).
Original post by Vekeh
I really hope that there are more Drell in ME3, would be interesting to have a perspective other than Thane's (as much as I love him).

Yeah it is an interesting race indeed.

I see quite a few of you seem fond of Krogans... I believe they're probably my least favourite race to be honest...:getmecoat:
Reply 389
I quite like salarians myself.

Reply 390
Elcor, obviously, purely for their stupendous Shakespearean wordsmithery.

"Insincere endorsement: You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have heard him in? the voice of Elcor."
Original post by G8D
Oh I thought you meant the obvious moments after the helmet comes off :P

lol i saw his outline in the damn squad selection an a tear came to my eye as i realised i could use my old me1 team of me tali n garrus didnt fail then hasnt in me2 and sure as hell wont if me3

my least favourite is volus

saying that i now me3 isnt out yet but im hoping the game after that set in the ME universe lets you choose species as running round as a volus spectre with a gun probably bigger than your head just screams comedy gold XD
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by G8D
Btw, I'm not keen on femsheps voice.

I know you all rave about it but I don't see the appeal over bro.

I can't say I'm too keen on the voices of either female or male Shepherd. Though if I had to choose, I'd probably be more in favour of FemShep's voice: to me male Shepherd's voice sounds consistently rigid and emotionless. I'm not saying FemShep's is all that much better though by comparison!
Original post by G8D
Did you guys save Ashley or Kaidan?

Also, reading up on the ME Wiki for Kaidan:

Spoiler

I saved Kaidan: but I regret my choice seeing as I preferred Ashley -_- I don't even know why I risked her over him - I have a niggling feeling that at the time I thought there was a possibility I could save whoever I 'sacrificed'.

Yeah... I couldn't.

The first thing I thought of when reading that spoiler is how much more up-his-own-ass he will act -_- not a fan. Not a fan.
(edited 12 years ago)
i find the opening sequence of ill haul jokers crippled ass out of here is alot more foreceful wit fem shep

although in fairness i could be seeing things i want as i ve been single in one of my fem play through in both games in a hope that joker is possible in the third

i saved ashley not cause i prefer her god if i had the choice i would have left them both

but because i felt saving the salirians was important

to rob some words from tolkien

'enough blood has been shed in his name'

there was a time they where the most annoying game characters id ever encountered.....

then i met jacob

and then to make it even worse i met guard from dragon age 2 cant remember her name
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by G8D
I didn't like either of them. I saved Ashley when I first played on PC but then saved Kaidan on the 360. I never used him as a squad mate and I hope I can recruit him in ME3 without hearing much from him.

Would really love to reject a same sex relationship from him though.

EDIT: is there anyway to see Tali's face?

Why are you playing as a man. The voice acting for FemShep is so much better.
Original post by G8D
Did you read my post on the previous page?

Yes :colondollar:

But not until I posted this!
Reply 397
I personally hate Kaiden, think his backstory was really ****. That said, Ashley ain't much better, but I remember saving her.

Can't believe they've done that with him. Ugh, out of all human characters, him. **** that ****. I'll kill him if I get a chance.
Original post by Hylean
I personally hate Kaiden, think his backstory was really ****. That said, Ashley ain't much better, but I remember saving her.

Can't believe they've done that with him. Ugh, out of all human characters, him. **** that ****. I'll kill him if I get a chance.

Maybe in ME3 his L2 implants make him go bats**t crazy and you have an option to kill him. :ahee:
Reply 399

Spoiler

Original post by o Rebecca o
Maybe in ME3 his L2 implants make him go bats**t crazy and you have an option to kill him. :ahee:

Nah, they've made him look too cool for that. Hopefully they'll give us another choice and he'll be included.

Quick Reply

Latest