The Student Room Group

Mass Effect Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hylean
You're ****ing kidding me?! That is not good news. *Que mad scramble from others like me looking to get the Collector's Edition preordered*

Well, they have yet to cancel my order and it is currently still up for pre-order on their website. Would've appreciated them removing it straight away. Shall go preorder from Zavvi, as it's still there, and wait and see.

That message is up on their website now: http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/HubArticleView?hubId=93018&articleId=137297&catalogId=10201&langId=44&storeId=10151

Edit: but yeah, it's still available to buy on their website!
Original post by o Rebecca o
Well, that's kinda crap....

I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition from GAME a few months ago.

Would they refund my £5 deposit?

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Not in cash, unfortunately.

Customers with pre-orders will be given £5 worth of Reward Card/Elite points.

The reward card/elite points are additional to a full deposit refund: http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/142/14235014/img_8858261.html :smile:

"and, of course, if you have placed a deposit with us, you'll receive a full refund."
(edited 12 years ago)
Not in cash, unfortunately.

Customers with pre-orders will be given £5 worth of Reward Card/Elite points.

That's a shame.

I'm not too bothered if I don't get the CE. It would've been nice to have the bonus stuff though.

Plus if I just get a normal copy it would save me quite a lot of money anyway.

I'll be happy if they at least have the normal ones in stock so I can get it on release day.
Original post by Illusionary
That message is up on their website now: http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/HubArticleView?hubId=93018&articleId=137297&catalogId=10201&langId=44&storeId=10151

The reward card/elite points are additional to a full deposit refund: http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/142/14235014/img_8858261.html :smile:

"and, of course, if you have placed a deposit with us, you'll receive a full refund."

Just read their message. So they wont have any ME3 copies at all?

Would it be better to buy a copy at HMV? Or would I have better luck getting it on amazon?
That's a shame.

I'm not too bothered if I don't get the CE. It would've been nice to have the bonus stuff though.

I'll be happy if they at least have the normal ones in stock so I can get it on release day.

They're not stocking ME3 *at all* :no:
Reply 784
Original post by Illusionary

And my order is still active. For the moment, like.

Zavvi have it a tiny bit cheaper than Game did or Play.com have it, and this is the N7 Collector's Edition I'm talking about. Just preordered it. I wonder what will happen to those nice exclusives Game were meant to be getting... :colonhash:

That's a shame.

They won't have any copies available.
I had a look at other websites that are stocking the N7 edition and found to some amusement on Amazon: Due to high demand (and possibly the imminent Reaper invasion), we have unfortunately run out of our pre-order allocation for Mass Effect 3 - Collector's Edition.
and I'm right in guessing Gamestation won't have any either? :frown:
I had a look at other websites that are stocking the N7 edition and found to some amusement on Amazon: Due to high demand (and possibly the imminent Reaper invasion), we have unfortunately run out of our pre-order allocation for Mass Effect 3 - Collector's Edition.

Well I just pre-ordered the normal copy on amazon. Good thing I read this thread.

Thanks to everyone who brought this to attention. Otherwise I would've been left completely let down next week :frown:
Reply 788

Was that Amazon.com because .co.uk have never had it up that I can see. However, I love that quote. :ahee:

and I'm right in guessing Gamestation won't have any either? :frown:

Probably not as they are owned by Game. Just preorder it from Zavvi or Play.com quickly.
Reply 789
I was actually a doofus and didn't get around to preordering the CE until this week, long after it had sold out. So from a selfish point of view, I'm relieved.

But it's pretty shocking and monumental news. I'm not sure what GAME have left to see with no Nintendo, no Sims and no FIFA.
Original post by Hylean
Was that Amazon.com because .co.uk have never had it up that I can see. However, I love that quote. :ahee:

.co.uk guys just don't share the .com guys' sense of humour. :frown:

Original post by estel

But it's pretty shocking and monumental news. I'm not sure what GAME have left to see with no Nintendo, no Sims and no FIFA.

I'm seeing a possible 'Borders' like collapse for Game.
I recommend anyone who has to pre-order from a new retailer goes for play. Last two times I pre-ordered from there I got the game a day before release. Batman and Kingdoms of Amalur were the games.
Reply 792
Original post by chancellorroberts
I recommend anyone who has to pre-order from a new retailer goes for play. Last two times I pre-ordered from there I got the game a day before release. Batman and Kingdoms of Amalur were the games.

Zavvi is a fiver cheaper. :p:
Original post by Hylean
Zavvi is a fiver cheaper. :p:

Tesco is cheaper than them both (non-CE, that is) :wink:

Use the code "5MASS3"
Reply 794
Amazon are stocking the CE intermittently now...
zavvi sent me an email saying double reward points on all EA products. Their definitely taking advantage of GAME's issues, like any competitive company should. Is zavvi good for pre-orders though, when I got LA Noire it was a day late :angry:
Original post by G8D
Nowhere has CE for Xbox anymore. Oh well.

EDIT: wait... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mass-Effect-Collectors-Xbox-360/dp/B007ETERN6/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1330528756&sr=8-13

Is this the version that comes with the day one DLC?

Zavvi and Play also have it in stock. And yes, that's the one.
Reply 797
This is some pretty big news. Is there an article that explains whats gone on with GAME etc? Or is it still unknown? I've got a ton of points saved up at GAME, would be pretty lame if the chain collapses. Although I'd obviously spend them all first.

On Mass Effect, what's the demo like? I haven't actually got around to downloading it yet :redface:. Recently finished Mass Effect Two, though.
Reply 798
Really annoying. Looked like I was getting all the pre-order DLC I could (The N7 Warfare pack was GAME exclusive), I just re-ordered the Collector's edition with Amazon so at least I was able to get that after it had looked like it sold out everywhere...
Original post by JoeK
This is some pretty big news. Is there an article that explains whats gone on with GAME etc? Or is it still unknown? I've got a ton of points saved up at GAME, would be pretty lame if the chain collapses. Although I'd obviously spend them all first.

The usual process is that retailers buy stock on credit then pay the publishers back when they sold enough copies. However it is well known that GAME are having financial difficulties at the moment, so companies like EA and Nintendo are demanding payments for their games upfront and in full because they don't trust GAME to pay them back, but they are not in a financial position to do this so just won't be able to stock the game.

Think of them as the Greece of retailers.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest