The Student Room Group

gcse edexel statistics

Hi everyone.

I was wondering if the people who have done gcse statistics with edexel could give me some tips , regarding course work, on how to get the highest marks. Im about to start my planning section soon (which is in controlled conditions and lasts for 2 hours) and I was wondering what types of specific things you included to get the highest marks e.g. types of graphs, hypothesis, explanations, predictions etc.

Thanks for your help.
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
Yh i'm doing my course work now aswell

whats yours about????
Reply 3
Original post by hyy
Yh i'm doing my course work now aswell

whats yours about????

We don't know yet. What about you?
Reply 4
anybody?
Reply 5
Hey! I'm doing mine too atm. Can we talk about what are coursework task is? Ah, who cares, we're investigating reaction times, many people have decided to investigate the relationship between age and reaction time (possibly the easiest variable to work with), we couldn't really use gender as a variable, there aren't any members of the opposite sex at my school.

I was hoping to make mine a little more exciting (lol), IDK maybe by adding a variable like temperature but that's far too much work! The little guide they'll provide you with suggests using more than one variable if you want the top marks but I can't see how that's physically possible!

I really wouldn't worry that much about coursework, you use TSR (EDIT: and you're called 'nerd')so I'll therefore assume you want an A*, correct? Just ace the exam, isn't that hard if you know your SPCC, binomial distribution, SD etc.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
Thanks^ :smile: Anyone else?
Reply 7
I'm doing trees, I just found out this week
Do you know yet what you are doing?
hey im doing reaction times too... anyone got the themes sheet for it? my teacher seemed to have not given them out last lesson -_-

got any past pieces of coursework relating to this or on this topic itself? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending