The Student Room Group

Help with GCSE music composition?

AHHH! Where to begin on this one? I'm freaking out a little bit. I'm a singer currently doing my GCSE music free composition- I think it's the edexel version. My composition is ok- nowhere near the best I want it to be, and I can't get a voice in it edge ways (not great if I'm a singer!!!! Nothing seems to fit with the other melody which is done on strings.) I used to play violin and so know a bit about string music- enough to pull through like double stringing etc. What I'm really worrying about is that it is really lacking some pizzaz and is sounding a little flat or mundane- I just don't know what I'm missing. I mean it's ok, but not something I (or anyone else I can think of) would ever really choose to listen to, which seems pretty bad!!!

Everyone else in my class is so good at this and I've had to keep coming after school, get extra help, and I feel like I'm drowning in notes. Obviously, times running out now and I'm really feeling the pressure as it just doesn't sound good enough and incorporating any dynamics or anything at the minute. It's not even finished yet. Any support/ answers/ tips would be greatly appreciated...
Thank you!
I feel bad…bro never got a response :frown:
Reply 2
fr :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest