The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kopite493
dunno obviously a red card

hes last man and as the ball continues in the runners direction and does not change angles the defender obviously made no contact with that :/ silly fm do your rules research

which is completely irrelevant.

The law is denying a clear goal scoring opportunity, not last man if we're gonna discuss the rules.
does anyone want a new player online, bored
Original post by Mess.
Newcastle got relegated in the first season, came 19th. Might have been due in no small part to Ba not scoring for over 20 hours!! Tiote ended up going for £3.3m as well.

Disappointing how badly the AI managers do with Newcastle, with more or less the same team as they have I got to 6th, and won the FA cup. Second summer transfer window I had Chelsea asking about Tim Krul as well...
Original post by Alofleicester
which is completely irrelevant.

The law is denying a clear goal scoring opportunity, not last man if we're gonna discuss the rules.

and that is a clear goal scoring opportunity he was last man on the edge of the box
Reply 5284
I've got three EPL games on consecutive days .. 26th, 27th, 28th December :confused:
Reply 5285
Struggling in Championship with Altrincham, brought them up from the Blue square north but finding it hard to push up, got a good array of players, my starting eleven is all 3-4.5 stars and i can generally cover injuries with a 2.5, a 1-2 if it gets bad.
But despite that, in games really struggling to hold onto the ball and create chances.
Playing a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-1-2.

Any suggestions?
Reply 5286
Nowt better than a last-minute winner courtesy of Marlon Harewood.

Feeling on top of the world after that like.

:lol:
Reply 5287
and that is a clear goal scoring opportunity he was last man on the edge of the box

Doesn't the game have refereeing mistakes programmed in?
Original post by shephi
Struggling in Championship with Altrincham, brought them up from the Blue square north but finding it hard to push up, got a good array of players, my starting eleven is all 3-4.5 stars and i can generally cover injuries with a 2.5, a 1-2 if it gets bad.
But despite that, in games really struggling to hold onto the ball and create chances.
Playing a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-1-2.

Any suggestions?

Retain possession, slow tempo, control might help.
Reply 5289
Original post by Mess.

Yes, how else would the in game FA be able to fine you for talking badly about the referee after the match :tongue:
Reply 5290
Original post by AstroZombie1
Early/Mid March.
Seems a rather pessimistic estimate. I've had other things taking up my time recently so haven't really been keeping much of an eye on SI's forums but is that their official line or are you just guessing there? The January transfer update is normally released in late February, sometimes creeping into early March. Last year was hopefully just a one-off in that it was due to be out in very early March but was considerably delayed (by a week or two?) because of some critical bugs that were discovered late in the testing phase.
Original post by Mess.

yes but its mostly for offside (the off side lines dont usually show in the replay when they are wrong

although ive seen the game give a wrong decision and not realise it cause yanks are useless
Reply 5292
yes but its mostly for offside (the off side lines dont usually show in the replay when they are wrong

although ive seen the game give a wrong decision and not realise it cause yanks are useless

You do realise it is a team led by a British man as a subsiduary of (Japanese) SEGA don't you?

And it will be programmed for other mistakes as well as the referee gets criticised in the match report for errors being made :dontknow:
Ordered FM 12, four days ago and it still hasn't arrived (off amazon) and it still hasn't arrived :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yet a DVD I ordered on Thursday arrived this morning FML!!
Original post by Mess.
You do realise it is a team led by a British man as a subsiduary of (Japanese) SEGA don't you?

And it will be programmed for other mistakes as well as the referee gets criticised in the match report for errors being made :dontknow:

i did not hmm maybe its deliberate or just a coding restriction then that you can get offside for a player not interfering with play :/
Reply 5295
i did not hmm maybe its deliberate or just a coding restriction then that you can get offside for a player not interfering with play :/

Agreed, that really is annoying and I agree it must be a coding limitation :sigh:

Have a listen to the Football Manager podcasts, Miles Jacobsen (head of SI) leads them. Normally quite enjoyable to listen to.
Original post by Mess.
Agreed, that really is annoying and I agree it must be a coding limitation :sigh:

Have a listen to the Football Manager podcasts, Miles Jacobsen (head of SI) leads them. Normally quite enjoyable to listen to.

yes it is very annoying lol had so many perfectly great goals disallowed because of that

and i will actually gona go get them like right know lol
Reply 5297
Original post by jam277
Retain possession, slow tempo, control might help.

Cheers for that took a pop with it in a 4-4-2 and managed to hold 50-60% possession throughout the game. Also had more shots than the opponent, sadly my strikers can't seem to finish and only 1 shot was on target so lots 2-0 :P
Reply 5298
Original post by Mess.
It's not just Miles who's British, the majority of the dev team at Sports Interactive are Brits based down in London :smile: Miles is rather cute, too :cute:
Reply 5299
Original post by Dalimyr
It's not just Miles who's British, the majority of the dev team at Sports Interactive are Brits based down in London :smile: Miles is rather cute, too :cute:

I thought they were but I didn't want to throw knowledge out there without any sort of back-up :awesome: Miles always comes across really well on the podcasts I must say and his genuine passion for the game is always at the fore.

Latest