The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If I could just one-up you both slightly - FM 11, 196 game unbeaten streak.

Not played enough games to reach that sort of streak on 12, just can't get into it.
Original post by Alofleicester

Not played enough games to reach that sort of streak on 12, just can't get into it.

Damn, yeah, my team are not at the invincible stage. Although, I think it's more than 110 since I went 3 and a half seasons unbeaten but damn you trounced me.

My team are probably 1 season away from getting to that level of my chelsea team though.
Original post by Angry cucumber
:zomg: That's pretty incredible!

How much did you pay for him?

I bought him for £32.5M on my save. :smile:
Original post by jam277
Damn, yeah, my team are not at the invincible stage. Although, I think it's more than 110 since I went 3 and a half seasons unbeaten but damn you trounced me.

My team are probably 1 season away from getting to that level of my chelsea team though.

That should be more than 110. Mine was April 2014 to February 2017 which is roughly 3 seasons.
That should be more than 110. Mine was April 2014 to February 2017 which is roughly 3 seasons.

It was 2.5 seasons, it was 165 matches. April 2021-december 2023.

Yeah, I'm in the process of making a super team, so it'll take some time for FM 12, if I can win a double this season (CL and spanish cup) while getting 2nd place. I should be able to make the super team like I did last time at chelsea as I'll have a 60-70 million transfer kitty. At least I've gone further than I did in FM 11 with real sociedad. I didn't win europa league in this one, but I'm a title contender that wins trophies now and I've never been knocked out before the semi finals of the spanish cup. It feels good when you've got a team that isn't a big team into the finals of a competition, feels like you've gone on a big journey.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5545
Currently 36 unbeaten with Peterborough in the Premiership in 2026. :smile: (Inc. LC/FA/ECC)
On FM11 I went 93 unbeaten with Liverpool. So close to the century then I got smashed by Bolton. :emo:
52 with Leeds in this one, not sure about others, including a 33-win streak within that. That ended in October 2018 - and the transition started in the summer of '18, so perhaps I was at super team level but just need to bring through the new generation. Still won the league and CL, mind. :biggrin:

Now it's October 2019 and I think that From 2021 I have a ridiculous unbeatable team. Then, I just have to get the record number of titles, CLs, League Cups and FA Cups then I can move jobs to Paris Saint-Germain and spend money money money and make them dominate Europe and overtake my old Leeds team.
Original post by jam277
It was 2.5 seasons, it was 165 matches. April 2021-december 2023.

Yeah, I'm in the process of making a super team, so it'll take some time for FM 12, if I can win a double this season (CL and spanish cup) while getting 2nd place. I should be able to make the super team like I did last time at chelsea as I'll have a 60-70 million transfer kitty. At least I've gone further than I did in FM 11 with real sociedad. I didn't win europa league in this one, but I'm a title contender that wins trophies now and I've never been knocked out before the semi finals of the spanish cup. It feels good when you've got a team that isn't a big team into the finals of a competition, feels like you've gone on a big journey.

Hmm. I have 165 million in my transfer budget but I've been trying to be Wenger-esuqe...perhaps I should spurn my principles and build a super-team. :holmes:

Sweet Jesus, how did you manage that? Bet you were infuriated that you didn't hit the 200-mark.
Original post by KingMessi
Hmm. I have 165 million in my transfer budget but I've been trying to be Wenger-esuqe...perhaps I should spurn my principles and build a super-team. :holmes:

Hmm, yeah, I have been wenger-esque, my team are on rich status and have solely relied on making profits on young players and getting into europe every season. Maybe I'll go one more season, because I played FM 11 earlier today, despite me having 20 million in the bank for my chelsea team, the board had no money to upgrade the youth facilities.

I want the youth facilities and youth recruited to be updated one more time for my FM 12 save with real sociedad, so I have a barcelona style youth academy, although it looks like it's turning into that with the current crop, one more season of wengering and I'll start buy one or two 10 million pound players.
FFS. Pato started the season with 16 goals in 15 games and is now injured for 5-6 months with a broken leg. He's one of the most frustrating players on the game - absolutely brilliant, but injury prone.

In 3 and half years for me he's scored 81 in 114 games (18 in 35 in season 1, 27 in 41 in season 2, 20 in 22 in season 3, 16 in 15 in season 4) but had 14 separate injuries. FFS. Hopefully Damiao and Muniain can step up in his absence.
Original post by KingMessi
Sweet Jesus, how did you manage that? Bet you were infuriated that you didn't hit the 200-mark.

I've no idea. Was absolutely gutting, I was unbeaten for 16 matches after that one defeat as well, I'd have made the 200-mark. But, unbeaten in nearly a year again now on that save - if I could find the enjoyment again it'd be time for another attempt on the 200-barrier.
I've no idea. Was absolutely gutting, I was unbeaten for 16 matches after that one defeat as well, I'd have made the 200-mark. But, unbeaten in nearly a year again now on that save - if I could find the enjoyment again it'd be time for another attempt on the 200-barrier.

It's boring, I like the journey of becoming a good team tbh, I'm sort of a job hopper, once I win la liga(eventually) i'll hop to serie A, I'm not touching german league, I think it'll be too boring and premier league will only be chelsea or a team in the championship.

Update on FM. Now in CL final vs man city, I will cry if I get whopped, I beat united, battered arsenal, PSG and battered munich to get there, I bet I'll lose 4-0 or something dead like that. There's no way I'm losing to malaga who ran out of money so I've pretty much got the spanish cup in my hands. My striker has scored more goals in the champions league this season than he has in la liga. Got 22 goals and scored 14 goals in the champions league.
Signed Niang for £18m, put him on in the 60th minute vs Man City - scored the winner.

Dilemma....

Club financial status was 'secure', the board threw £20m at me in transfer funds out of pure goodwill, I spend it, and now my status is 'insecure'. Halp.
Original post by jackf1337
Signed Niang for £18m, put him on in the 60th minute vs Man City - scored the winner.

Dilemma....

Club financial status was 'secure', the board threw £20m at me in transfer funds out of pure goodwill, I spend it, and now my status is 'insecure'. Halp.

Don't spend any money, go wenger, or put all your players on long term contracts, spend as much money as possible and hope a tycoon takes over. I did that in FM 11 with blackpool.
Original post by jam277
Don't spend any money, go wenger, or put all your players on long term contracts, spend as much money as possible and hope a tycoon takes over. I did that in FM 11 with blackpool.

I don't really spend much and I won't be spending a lot in the summer. I also don't sell many player. I'm going to have a clear out in the summer because I have a few too many players.

Oh and Niang. 1 minute and 30 seconds into his first start, he runs half the length of the pitch and scores. Oh my god.
Original post by jackf1337
I don't really spend much and I won't be spending a lot in the summer. I also don't sell many player. I'm going to have a clear out in the summer because I have a few too many players.

Oh and Niang. 1 minute and 30 seconds into his first start, he runs half the length of the pitch and scores. Oh my god.

You've not bought yaya sanogo before, that guy just ran a ring around my defence and scored, I would have bought him but I don't like buying the same players in every FM.
Just got beaten by Burnely in the league cup. I'm sorry to say I rage quit. 23 shots on goal to their 2. (I lost 1-0) Could not believe it and a red mist descended- so for the first time in a long time it was "Quit game without saving" :angry:
Reply 5559
Pulled off a coup at the start of the 2012/13 season with my League Two Oxford United Side and managed to sign Robbie Brady on a free (much too good for this division)... Also managed to get Jacob Walcott on a free as a backup for him (probably just about the right level for League Two).

First game of the season, Robbie Brady gets injured within 15 minutes, bring Walcott on, he is off injured too by the 70th minute. Brady is out for 'four to five months', Walcott is ruled out for 4 weeks. I'm sure there is some evil strain of code programmed into FM that ensures players who are too good for their divisions must get crocked and quickly!

I only have 18 in my squad (20.5k wage budget :unimpressed:, down from 25k year before), and that has already been reduced to 16 for the next 4 weeks at least. Can't wait till the inevitable minor injuries and suspensions start rolling in!

Latest