The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I played a match with 8 players on the pitch once. It went to extra time and penalties.
Surprisingly yes.
Original post by jam277
I played a match with 8 players on the pitch once. It went to extra time and penalties.

I was once down to 7 men as Barca v Madrid (due to injuries) and had it at 0-0 until Valdes scored an OG. Without doubt the unluckiest match ive ever had.
Reply 7983
Finished my second season with Barca. Messi scored 91 goals. Incredible :zomg:

The board gave me a budget of £136m to spend and I don't have a single player I want to buy lol.
(edited 11 years ago)
The thread for the network game is up and below...

:holmes:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2033940
Reply 7985
Just finished a game with 7 players, surprisingly managed to win aswell:biggrin:
Spent £15m on a 19 year old with amazing stats (for a 19 year old). At 22 he now has... the same stats. He's not progressing at all and is said to be unlikely to improve much.

Not all wonderkids become world class I guess. He's a good substitute and could do well for most mid-table clubs but he's not £15m worth by any stretch.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7987
Is there any way of attracting a rich owner to a club? I had to sell half of my Nottm Forest first team just to get the wage budget out of the red and then the board only gave me £10,000 of that transfer revenue to reinvest!
Original post by Cashley
Is there any way of attracting a rich owner to a club? I had to sell half of my Nottm Forest first team just to get the wage budget out of the red and then the board only gave me £10,000 of that transfer revenue to reinvest!

Unfortunately not. It seems to be slightly random, but I would assume that a club with a good reputation that are doing well will be in a better position for a takeover than others will.
Original post by KingMessi
Unfortunately not. It seems to be slightly random, but I would assume that a club with a good reputation that are doing well will be in a better position for a takeover than others will.

I'd say it's random, and rightly so. Southend got a rich owner in the Championship and promptly splashed out over a few seasons and got quickly promoted. A few seasons later, they were in financial trouble and sold off a ton of players and are almost certainly about to get relegated.

Original post by Cashley

What do you expect? It's Nottingham Forest. :colonhash:
Original post by CB91
I was once down to 7 men as Barca v Madrid (due to injuries) and had it at 0-0 until Valdes scored an OG. Without doubt the unluckiest match ive ever had.

this brings up a very interesting question i believe a game is postponed if a team goes down to 6 men

does this happen in fm...
Reply 7991
There is a player on my game, regen, currently rated 2* but with 4.5* potential. He is the first player on the game besides Messi who has been rated that highly by my scouts. The only problem is he doesn't actually look that good :confused:

What do people think about buying him for £23m? I have a pretty much unlimited budget and constantly turn a profit. Even if I bought him for that price I would still have made a profit this transfer window.
Original post by kopite493
this brings up a very interesting question i believe a game is postponed if a team goes down to 6 men

does this happen in fm...

I've never seen it happen...:holmes: I would assume so, though...

Original post by TrulyEpicLawls
I'd say it's random, and rightly so. Southend got a rich owner in the Championship and promptly splashed out over a few seasons and got quickly promoted. A few seasons later, they were in financial trouble and sold off a ton of players and are almost certainly about to get relegated.

What do you expect? It's Nottingham Forest. :colonhash:

Hmm, that's what I thought. As Dalimyr said a while back, it's kind of stupid how bad the AI is at money management. :teehee: :lolwut:
Reply 7993
Original post by Mess.
There is a player on my game, regen, currently rated 2* but with 4.5* potential. He is the first player on the game besides Messi who has been rated that highly by my scouts. The only problem is he doesn't actually look that good :confused:

What do people think about buying him for £23m? I have a pretty much unlimited budget and constantly turn a profit. Even if I bought him for that price I would still have made a profit this transfer window.

I guess if you play him regularly and he gets first team football somewhere he'll probably develop to a very high level. Worth a shout.
Original post by KingMessi
Hmm, that's what I thought. As Dalimyr said a while back, it's kind of stupid how bad the AI is at money management. :teehee: :lolwut:

Actually I found it to be realistic. Rich guy joins innocent club, throws money at loads of players, short-term success.

A few seasons later, the catch...
Original post by TrulyEpicLawls
Actually I found it to be realistic. Rich guy joins innocent club, throws money at loads of players, short-term success.

A few seasons later, the catch...

Yes, but most clubs don't even get that. They blow a lot of money on mediocre players, sack their manager after a month and finish mid-table/below expectations. Not that I'm complaining, though. :ninja:
Original post by Mess.

He just looks like an above average youngster imo. He's also already 18. If he was 16, I might take a punt if he was £10 million or less. But for £23 million, I'd steer clear personally.
Reply 7997
Original post by Darth Vader 7
He just looks like an above average youngster imo. He's also already 18. If he was 16, I might take a punt if he was £10 million or less. But for £23 million, I'd steer clear personally.

He doesn't look anything special to me either, the only reason I am even considering it is because he is the first player to rated 4.5* on my game apart from Messi :beard:
Original post by Mess.
He doesn't look anything special to me either, the only reason I am even considering it is because he is the first player to rated 4.5* on my game apart from Messi :beard:

Neymar is another player that was rated 4.5* for me. Safe to say I bought him just this season. There is something so wrong with Arsenal buying Neymar but I like it :redface:
I just love it when, you have good youth candidates.

Latest