The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mess.
Just make sure the deep lying playmaker actually stays deep. As I find they tend to push quite a bit if you play them in the 'CM' area rather than then 'DM'. And the ball winning midfielder will press all over the pitch leaving him isolated in midfield.

I would try playing a central midfielder next to the DLP. Have the CM set on automatic so he reacts to the needs of your team.

What about a box to box midfielder next to him?
Reply 1041
Original post by Karma Charger

What about a box to box midfielder next to him?

:yep: I used that for one of my formations and it worked. You need the right type of midfielder though. Someone with stats like Raul Meireles from Liverpool is perfect for it.
Original post by Mess.
:yep: I used that for one of my formations and it worked. You need the right type of midfielder though. Someone with stats like Raul Meireles from Liverpool is perfect for it.

I switched from a box to box to an automatic CM and from losing 1-0 at Bayern, I'm now 4-1 up! :dice: CL final here I come
Original post by Mess.

i find that the best person in the game for this position (at least for the first few seasons)

is actually hamsik
Damn friendlies. So my winger gets injured, I bring on another winger, he gets injured, I bring on another player and he gets injured too >.<

Original post by Seanisonfire

hmm could have got Aguero on a free. Decided not to, I hope this doesn't come back to bite me...

How old was he?
Barcelona 0 Newcastle United 2
I won the CL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:
Reply 1047
Original post by Psychotic546

£42 million for Hazard. Do I sell him?
Anyone else around that good I can get?

Neymar is unbelievable as an AML inside forward if that's where you play Hazard. Apart from him I wouldn't sell Hazard for any other reason :no:
Original post by Mess.
Neymar is unbelievable as an AML inside forward if that's where you play Hazard. Apart from him I wouldn't sell Hazard for any other reason :no:

Played him as advanced playmaker on AML/AMR/AMC. Wherever I needed him really. Might sell him and get Neymar and another one with the remaining money since I could do with 2.
Reply 1049
Barcelona 0 Newcastle United 2
I won the CL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

Wow, awesome! What season is this in? Who are your big players? (if not regens)

Played him as advanced playmaker on AML/AMR/AMC. Wherever I needed him really. Might sell him and get Neymar and another one with the remaining money since I could do with 2.

Get Bebe. He's sick if you give him time, he was player of the year in my game, if you're in 2014 then he'll be good then.
Original post by jam277

Alex Chamberlain, future of England :adore:

Original post by jam277
How old was he?

Alex Chamberlain, future of England :adore:

Wow I'm shocked you never bought him. Alex chamberlain isn't really good in my game, I had him in southampton, then i sold him to bolton, and even though they said he had potential he never lived to it.
Original post by M_E_X
Wow, awesome! What season is this in? Who are your big players? (if not regens)

2nd Season, won the league in my first.
Team that actually played Barca (had so many injuries!)

Enyeama
Ryan Taylor Boyata (loan) Steven Taylor Cesar azpilicueta (loan)
Casemiro Barton
Ben Arfa Jonathan Viera (absolute gem of a player for me) Juan Albin
Kevin Gamerio

Of course my two leftbacks were both injured so Ryan Taylor was there. Bryan Ruiz was my first choice left winger as well. So no regens, Bryan Ruiz as a left inside forward was phenomonal, 14 goals and 5 assists in the 31 league games he played. No regens, I'd put up a screen shot of my transfers etc... but whenever I press print screen it gets my desktop and when I do it via options all I get is a word document...
Wait, didn't know you had to press ALT and F9, time to upload some screen shots as proof!
I see. So I'm thinking of having a Deep lying playmaker (defend) and a ball winning midfielder (support) along with an advanced forward, attacking inside forwards and an attacking midfielder (attacking) Too attacking away from home?

I don't pay attention to home/away formations. I just have my stock 4-2-3-1 - I have a BWM (Toure/De Jong) on "Defend" next to a DLP on "Support" (Sahin/Casemiro). It works perfectly, but I suppose this depends upon who's playing there for you as those four players I've just named are pretty much ridiculously amazing. I have the middle of the 3 (in the 4-2-3-1) as an Advanced Playmaker and that's (Henrique/Silva) set to "Attack" and are the "Main Playmaker" on the Team Instructions.

Original post by Mess.
I always play my full backs as 'attacking wing backs'. Gives my team a nice out ball when pushing forward and as long as you play a DM they get covered nicely.

I canno believe I had to spend over £150m on first team players after I took over Liverpool in June 2012. The original team was so bad they had finished the season in 14th :lolwut:

I bought:
Sissoko - £15m
M'Villa - £17m
Neymar - £23m
Sanchez - £23.5m

Enrique - £15m
Hamsik - £31m
Henderson - £14m
Phil Jones - £11m

M'Vila is a monster, had him on an old Arsenal save on a rotation with Song and he outplayed Song almost every game. No-one could get past him! First season too. All the other highlighted players <3 Although I rarely play Phil Jones, still in the first season and having him tutored by Kompany I think, plus he got injured in his first game coming on as sub :frown:

Quick note on Casemiro - he's unbelievable at DLP - Support - pushing for Sahin's spot in the team even in the first season. He's got like 5 assists or something and he's only played about 3 full games and a few sub appearances. I think I got him for 3.5 million or less too - an absolute steal.
Chamberlain never really developed on my games :frown: Then again I only got 1 and a half seasons in lol.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by jam277

Original post by jam277
Wow I'm shocked you never bought him. Alex chamberlain isn't really good in my game, I had him in southampton, then i sold him to bolton, and even though they said he had potential he never lived to it.

Nah, I've got a long term system for my strikers, getting Aguero would have thrown a spanner into it. And Chamberlain has just broken into the Chelsea first team and my England team, has 6 goals and 4/5 assists in his first 6 England games and 3 assists in his first 3 Chelsea games of the season.

ALSO all this talk of DMs, how do people get a good performance from them? In this game and past ones my DMs very rarely get higher than a 7.0, only more if it's been a very good team performance. I always assumed the game was somehow bent against them, but it seems other people are getting good stuff from them. I've got M'Vila at the moment and he never averages more than 7.0.

Nah, I've got a long term system for my strikers, getting Aguero would have thrown a spanner into it. And Chamberlain has just broken into the Chelsea first team and my England team, has 6 goals and 4/5 assists in his first 6 England games and 3 assists in his first 3 Chelsea games of the season.

ALSO all this talk of DMs, how do people get a good performance from them? In this game and past ones my DMs very rarely get higher than a 7.0, only more if it's been a very good team performance. I always assumed the game was somehow bent against them, but it seems other people are getting good stuff from them. I've got M'Vila at the moment and he never averages more than 7.0.

I put them on as an anchor man or their best possible role and see how they play, sometimes you need them to just score though to get a good rating, But I'm sure I've got a 9 with one of my DM's.
Reply 1059
This is the only thing stopping me from starting my revision atm but I'm so close to back to back promotions with Notts County!! WTF do I do!!!!!!!!11

Latest