The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
in any case our lives would be much easier without the middle east or east asia. south asia's alright though.
Reply 21
Not a WW3 but something has to be done..
I wonder if all the middle class students saying the world needs a war would be saying that if they lived in, I don't know, Palestine, The Gaza Strip, Chechnya ..?
Reply 23
Original post by tieyourmotherdown
I wonder if all the middle class students saying the world needs a war would be saying that if they lived in, I don't know, Palestine, The Gaza Strip, Chechnya ..?

one student*
Reply 24
Original post by Broderss
in any case our lives would be much easier without the middle east or east asia. south asia's alright though.

I really hope you were joking.
Reply 25
Original post by KayK
I really hope you were joking.

why? do you not like south asia?
Reply 26
Just so long as you realise that you lot would be drafted, nay CONSCRIPTED into the forces and be sat in trenches in France again, or wherever.....In fact, it would be interesting in generations to come looking back and seeing how this would be dealt with as I doubt "human rights" would count for much if we are at war on the scale of previous WWs

Nah, scratch that, theres gonna be a nuke a-coming our way, its just a case of from whom....
Your class is very stupid, why would anybody want a war?
Reply 28
Not more than East Asia or the Middle East.
Reply 29
Nuclear weapons make this question a non-starter.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
Reply 30
Clearly that boy doesn't realise how painful it is to loose someone close to him.

Besides, the cost of war is massive, especially with nuclear weapons. And with nuclear weapons there won't even be a world afterwards...

And the Arab/Isreali conflict is a different kettle of fish, both have legitimate claims to the land so it's much harder to solve than regular border conflicts and agressive countries...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 31

It's not that it's just, you'd rather eradicate the whole of East Asia? What makes South Asia better than East Asia?
Err would that make our economy even worse because we would spend a lot of money on the war which we're short of at the moment?
Reply 33
Not sure it's a completely obsolete ideology. I understand where he is coming from.
Often the worst brings out the best in people, and as WW2 showed (as far as I recall from GCSE History) that there is a chance of lower unemployment and economic growth. I suppose too, in some sick sense it would curb the problem of overpopulation to some degree.

Practically I don't think it's plausible, for starters the global socio-economic situation isn't THAT bad. Secondly and probably more important, the threat of war brings too close the threat of Nuclear weapons.

Unlike WW2 (apart from the end; obviously) there isn't the same amount of requirement for man power, with much more advanced technology, and the use of nuclear warheads. I'd more than likely be a political war, like the Cold War, though perhaps with more dangerous consequences.

I definitley see his point, but I can't agree.
IMO I think we do need a WW3, as when there is war there is greater innovation, the advances in healthcare, technology and well weaponery* basically many advances that are good for us come at times of war not at times of peace :biggrin: also wealth comes from war too and I am very much for wealth :tongue:

(*better weaponery is not really a good thing but hey).
Reply 35
Original post by KayK
It's not that it's just, you'd rather eradicate the whole of East Asia? What makes South Asia better than East Asia?

they are still caucasian which means they are the same race as me. plus i like the indians very much.
Reply 36
they are still caucasian which means they are the same race as me. plus i like the indians very much.

So you're south Asians are caucasian, therefore better than Eastern Asians?

And btw, only the pashtuns are caucasian.
Reply 37
Not sure about having a world war but one thing is for sure - This country (the UK) needs to be invaded at some point in the future. It will give people here a perspective on life and enable us to rebuild as a modern country.
This guy sounds an art school rejection away from invading France... Please tell me he has no desire to be a politician.

Although it is true a war can bring economic prosperity, this would not be sustainable in the long term, wars can't last forever and you're headed for a fall when it's over. It's also just not worth the probable millions of deaths a third world war would bring. With the new technologies since World War II, a third world war could devastate vast areas spanning all of the continents. The last thing you want to do is give the U.S. President a chance to press that little red button.
Reply 39
Original post by tehFrance
IMO I think we do need a WW3, as when there is war there is greater innovation, the advances in healthcare, technology and well weaponery* basically many advances that are good for us come at times of war not at times of peace :biggrin: also wealth comes from war too and I am very much for wealth :tongue:

(*better weaponery is not really a good thing but hey).

So we can all live in luxury accommodation like the post world war II style social housing?

Latest

Trending

Trending