The Student Room Group

"My Dinner doesn't look anything LIKE that!" Thread - Ad Pics vs Reality!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Yeah, it could've just been the Stirling Nando's actually, it's the only one I've ever been to and it was wholly super-underwhelming both times I went. Stuff just chucked onto the plate, the the chicken was dry, corn was scorched and the rice was that way microwave rice goes (you know, kind of crispy at the ends).

Next up - Who's up for Maccy Dee's breakfast?

Sausage and Egg McMuffin?

Now that looks freaking dope. I bet that English Muffin is wonderfully crisp but spongy on the inside from the fresh butter, melting into the doughy pores... the sausage, perfectly spiced with a delicate char... and that egg the perfect consistency and subtly milky with a full, flavourful yolk...

Nee-Naw-Nee-Naw! There's been a car crash!! Actually, to be fair, I'd still eat this. I'd pick those weird black bits off the sausage first though.

Too unhealthy for you? Yeah? How about you opt for the healthy McDonalds Fruit Oatmeal?

Man, you're SO going to be getting your five a day here. Look at all that fruit, totally BURSTING to get out of the oatmeal in perfect segments. OVERFLOWING with fruit. That oatmeal is like a Tokyo Subway filled with Appley Japanese businessmen.

One word. Polyfilla.

Looks like my toilet after one too many kebabs.
Reply 182
Original post by Nucleolus

Looks like my toilet after one too many kebabs.

OH GOD. That looks foul! *groo* Nice find! I love how the photograph makes the chicken look huge, chunky, with a charred "tandoori" edge to it whereas in reality, it's just... lumps.
Reply 183
Oh, here's a great one from Taco Bell.

"CHEESY DOUBLE BEEF BURRITO!" it exclaims at you. Wow, two times the normal amount of beef, PLUS cheese? I don't know if I can handle that much awesome. Look at all that two-times beef layered up with cheese right there. That is some beefy burrito.

So, poor American (we'll call him "Chad", because it sounds like a typical American name from someone from Saved by the Bell or something) gets home and is ready to overdose on some double meat covered in cheese. Chad unwraps his CHEESY DOUBLE BEEF BURRITO and... oh. A rolled-up sock.

Chad takes a bite. What does it taste like?

A rolled-up sock.

If this is double beef, god help the SINGLE beef burrito eaters.
Original post by TotoMimo
Man, it was a while ago, a good few months back. But I've only been in Newcastle for just over a year so I don't know how long things stick about/how long things have been around for... has that Newgate centre recently become barren or is this a long-time thing?

Anyway I'm going to try to find some proof, a photo, anything! Wimpy LIVES!

Nah man, the wimpy's in the metro centre is definitely closed down now. I'm sure it wasn't ever there...
Reply 185
Original post by Cobrabite11
Nah man, the wimpy's in the metro centre is definitely closed down now. I'm sure it wasn't ever there...

That super sucks. I didn't believe it was gone until the previous poster confirmed it with the restaurant locator. Now for my fix, I'll need to go halfway across the damned city.

And yet, you yourself will have noticed, in Newcastle every three shops is a Greggs, you would've thought there'd be ONE space left for a proper Wimpy...
That super sucks. I didn't believe it was gone until the previous poster confirmed it with the restaurant locator. Now for my fix, I'll need to go halfway across the damned city.

And yet, you yourself will have noticed, in Newcastle every three shops is a Greggs, you would've thought there'd be ONE space left for a proper Wimpy...

Yeah, I'm pretty certain it shut like 12 years ago.
Reply 187
Oh well... c'est la vie...

... SUCKY la vie.

Anyway, back on topic,

THE BURGER KING QUAD STACKER BURGER!

That's not a burger. That right there is Beef K2. It's Meatageddon. RIDICULOUS.

Then you order one and you think, Man... that's not how I imagined it'd look. That's how I imagined it would look in my STOMACH after consuming the burger from picture number one.

That oatmeal is like a Tokyo Subway filled with Appley Japanese businessmen.

:lolz::lol:
Reply 189
Original post by Spexzzz
The last one doesnt look like the nando's plate but then again you can order out, so might be plated up at home

Ahh didn't think of that. I've actually never had a complaint about Nandoes except for once when I went on a public holiday and there were masses of people and the taste of the peri peri was only on the skin and the rest tasted like ordinary chicken, it hadn't sunk in if you get me o.0
Not that anyone in their right mind would want to consume such a monstrosity, but does everyone remember the 'chicken in a can'? Looks NOTHING like the wonderfully golden brown picture on the tin. In fact, it barely even resembles a chicken carcass =/

One word. Polyfilla.

LOOOOL *ClapClap* for this thread… I have spent a good hour reading all the posts the T-Rex thing was way 2 much lol

New to this so haven’t seen any of your other post but it seems like (from the comments ive read) u do this a lot! Have you consider cooking for yourself lol you might discover its not that hard and you can have a tasty and rewarding meal or am I being boring?? NO NO carry on with the ready meals its much more fun :biggrin:
Reply 192
Original post by Khaysha-Saine
LOOOOL *ClapClap* for this thread… I have spent a good hour reading all the posts the T-Rex thing was way 2 much lol

New to this so haven’t seen any of your other post but it seems like (from the comments ive read) u do this a lot! Have you consider cooking for yourself lol you might discover its not that hard and you can have a tasty and rewarding meal or am I being boring?? NO NO carry on with the ready meals its much more fun :biggrin:

Incidentally, I very, VERY rarely eat fast food. I just love ripping on it! Same with ready meals. If you cook your meals from scratch you literally have a 0% chance of any of the above occurring because you can dress it up as you please!

Oh, yeah, and the infamous "chicken in a can". I remember seeing a picture of it juuuust coming out of the can, and it's encased in a big cylinder of chicken jelly...

Mmm. Traditional.
Original post by The Procrastinator

Haha this remind me of the film Falling Down where he freaks out in the fast food place when the burger looks pitiful :biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8HOaB1fOqA

your sig is AHMAZING. :drool:

unfortunatly i havent got anything to add to the thread right now, but it's made me laugh...a lot :p:
xx
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Tally DeBenedictis
your sig is AHMAZING. :drool:

unfortunatly i havent got anything to add to the thread right now, but it's made me laugh...a lot :p:
xx

Oh, I know :cool: Haha I'm currently drooling at my poster above my desk of the same picture :biggrin: You could say I am obsessed with it :colondollar:
Oh, I know :cool: Haha I'm currently drooling at my poster above my desk of the same picture :biggrin: You could say I am obsessed with it :colondollar:

very yummy :wink:
I would :colone: :wink:

x
Reply 196
Nigella on TV:

Nigella straight from the fridge:

Reply 197
Original post by JK471993
Nigella on TV:

Nigella straight from the fridge:

The innuendo is pretty much the only reason I watch Nigella's shows... and the fact she always eats half her ingredients before she's finished cooking something! She's awesome!!
The innuendo is pretty much the only reason I watch Nigella's shows... and the fact she always eats half her ingredients before she's finished cooking something! She's awesome!!

Not to mention... YumYum...

You would, wouldnt you? Not to mention, the breakfast afterwards would be so good :coma:
Reply 199
Why, I don't know what you mean, Squidge. I'm innocent in mind, body and soul.

Oh, who am I kidding... forget breakfast, I'd be right down there to the fridge for a midnight snack afterwards with her (as she always does at the end of the show).

How can one woman make LEFTOVERS look sexy.

Anyway, another for the thread:

TGI FRIDAY'S LOADED POTATO SKINS

Perfect oval discs of potato skin topped with lavish amounts of cheese and crispy bacon; the perfect appetiser!

Oh look, once cooked, these become nondescript nuggets with what appears to be a an orange five-pence-piece of cheese, and... is that... bacon? It doesn't LOOK like bacon, it's like flecks of colour. If it is bacon, it's a PIG'S DANDRUFF.

It's HAMDRUFF.

Quick Reply

Latest