The Student Room Group

"My Dinner doesn't look anything LIKE that!" Thread - Ad Pics vs Reality!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by psychocustard
Oh God. I like those burgers... Please say someone else does? ANYONE?!

I think you need to use this smiley in your post -> :getmecoat:

:console:

:teehee:
(edited 13 years ago)

Oh God. I like those burgers... Please say someone else does? ANYONE?!

Yeah, I quite like them as well but don't tell anyone:ninja:

I do have an issue with them though, as they never fill me up (considering how many calories I expect they have).

I've been free of them for a good few months now though :grin: <-- healthy face.
Original post by CJ
Yeah, I quite like them as well but don't tell anyone:ninja:

I do have an issue with them though, as they never fill me up (considering how many calories I expect they have).

I've been free of them for a good few months now though :grin: <-- healthy face.

I tend to have them only when I'm having a bad day and there's nothing else that'll do... Aside from a Maccy D's, obviously :p:

They never fill me up, either. But there's just something about the soggy bread, the plastic cheese, the meat you know isn't quite meat... Om nom nom :h:
I also never before noticed the lettuce on the packaging. False advertising!
Original post by CJ
I also never before noticed the lettuce on the packaging. False advertising!

True that! I was going to say the same. But then, if you're the type to buy a microwave burger for £1, are you really the type to be particular about lack of lettuce? :rolleyes:
Reply 385
Original post by laura_j90
A friend and I got crispy peking duck from iceland and we found a toenail in it.....I kid you not! Good luck though :] I've eaten other stuff from there that was fine!

My mum once found a dead bat in a cereal box when I was little!
I've hardly eaten cereal since. Coincidence? :tongue:
Reply 386
Oh GOD. After googling when this "BBQ RIB" one was mentioned, I noticed someone's blog saying that they've been mentally scarred by one at just how FOUL it was, and how it looked nothing like the pack shot. Here's the pack shot:

And here are the photos from the blog, showing the patty itself, then with the sauce on...

And finally, they said the single most disturbing thing about it was the texture and colour INSIDE the "meat"... apparently it's a bright fluffy, dry powdery mush... which is almost white in colour...

Barbecue... rib. Yeah, right.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by MelissaJayne
True that! I was going to say the same. But then, if you're the type to buy a microwave burger for £1, are you really the type to be particular about lack of lettuce? :rolleyes:

Uh, please, they're at least £1.70 in the Spar!
Uh, please, they're at least £1.70 in the Spar!

LOL. Rep up for the truth.
Reply 389
Who would pay £1.70 for that kind of torture of the senses? Notice how I said "senses" and not "tastebuds" because based on those BBQ Rib sandwich pictures, it's a full-on assault on the eyes, nose, tongue... god, everything!
The secret is to put the meat in the microwave and the bun in the toaster, no squichy bread :biggrin:
:eek3: £1.70!! :eek3:
Yeah, £1.70 for about 1 minute of happiness, and then a lifetime of regret.
Original post by -honeybee-

Theft, isn't it? What's the legal definition again..dishonestly appropriating property belonging to another with the intention to permanantly deprive?

well, definitely taken my 1.70, definitely weren't honest about the pure LACK of taste of that burger-thing and I'm pretty sure they don't do refunds, or they'd be out of business.

Lock 'em up and throw away their microwaves I say!!
Reply 394
I made my own burgers once. They were niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice :smile:
Original post by Sim188
I made my own burgers once. They were niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice :smile:

respect.
Reply 396
Original post by -honeybee-

Bear in mind £1.70 nets you "meat" of this undeniable quality:

I mean, who doesn't want to eat a rib sandwich with the colour, texture and appearance of fish with some crayola'd sear marks on it?
Reply 397
respect.

Yep. I reckon when we get to falmouth we don't buy food, only ingredients. Even for like cereals. Make EVERYTHING ourselves.

But then again, we may starve and die.
Original post by Sim188
Yep. I reckon when we get to falmouth we don't buy food, only ingredients. Even for like cereals. Make EVERYTHING ourselves.

But then again, we may starve and die.

but we'll die in style....

and 'least our deaths will be of our own making!
Reply 399
but we'll die in style....

and 'least our deaths will be of our own making!

Peace out maaaaaaaaaaaaan

we make our own food maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan
:hippie:

Quick Reply

Latest