The Student Room Group

"My Dinner doesn't look anything LIKE that!" Thread - Ad Pics vs Reality!

Scroll to see replies

It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be...but it still looks like a tray of vom

Reply 741
Original post by Diffusion
It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be...but it still looks like a tray of vom

Mmm. I do love me some aubergine porridge.
Reply 742
Original post by F Ellen
I quite like the chips that have fallen out of the box and ended up at the bottom of the bag. They're like a suprise treat. LOL

Haha, so glad I'm not the only one! I'm actually disappointed when I find them all in the box. Something that is happening too often lately :frown:
Reply 743

Marks and Spencer Melting Middle Pudding, and the REALITY:

Oh, wait, yeah, it's Marks and Spencer. EVERYTHING looks just as good with Marks and Sparks. NOM.
I should have taken a picture of the Pringles I just opened before I started to eat them.

The box and adverts suggest nice whole crisps. The reality was the first dozen or so Pringles were broken in to many pieces...disappointing.

I know it's strictly a bit different from other things in the thread as it wasn't the manufactures fault, but still...the crisps looking nothing like I was hoping for :frown:
Original post by RK
I should have taken a picture of the Pringles I just opened before I started to eat them.

The box and adverts suggest nice whole crisps. The reality was the first dozen or so Pringles were broken in to many pieces...disappointing.

I know it's strictly a bit different from other things in the thread as it wasn't the manufactures fault, but still...the crisps looking nothing like I was hoping for :frown:

I know this feeling. And they should do Iced Gem adverts with the gem and biscuit separate. As 9 times out of 10, it is the case that it's broken off.
Reply 746

The promo pic for the Burger King Chicken Royale actually scares me a wee bit. What's with the terrifying fake steam? Still, regardless, it's a perfect representation of the burger, and looks tasty (sans steam).

Did I get the "Not a lot of" Chicken Royale?! Seriously. This is limp as hell here. The chicken fillet is like a birdseye chicken dipper. TINY.

Just to help illustrate the miniscule nature of this Royale, here it is with a bite taken out of it. WHERE MA CHIKKIN?

WHERRRRRRRE MAAAAA CHIIIIIKKINZ?!
Reply 747
Another dire, dire attempt by "Healthy Choice", guys. Turkey Medallions this time.

Succulent little coins of yummy turkey nestled with some lovely colourful veg.

Oh, that'll be the colourful veg.

And that... yes, well, that'll be the... puddle of.. beige?
Reply 748
Original post by TotoMimo
Another dire, dire attempt by "Healthy Choice", guys. Turkey Medallions this time.

What the..?! :eek: How did that become...THAT?
Original post by geetar
I'd like to stress that this isn't something that eat, but a special mention should surely be given to the Chicken in a Can.

On the can, it looks decent enough:

Spoiler

But then (cue dramatic music):

Spoiler

But then if you're stupid enough to eat a canned chicken, perhaps you deserve everything you get.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::s-smilie:

That, My dear sir, Is absolutely vile. You've outdone every other picture here

It Looks like the can turned upside down is giving birth to a deformed chicken with its fluid and juices spewing out and into the tray!

Honestly, who would eat that...eww, You have put me off chicken for a good month, and i was due in nandos next week, i hope your proud of yourself
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 750
Original post by syrettd
What the..?! :eek: How did that become...THAT?

I'm sure the turkey is in there somewhere. Amidst the... *shudder*... g...gravy.

How to make over-boiled carrots worse?
Add cranberries.
Reply 752
I'm sure the turkey is in there somewhere. Amidst the... *shudder*... g...gravy.

That's gravy?!! But in the picture it's such a nice, normal colour! It makes me hungry looking at it...and then I scroll down... :frown:
Reply 753
Another hilarious one I've come across. In America they have a chain called "Culvers" which apparently does a lot of fried fish. One of their burgers is called the "Walleye Sandwich" and can be seen below:

However, one blogger took a picture of her Walleye Sandwich after unwrapping to see this monstrosity, which is inexplicably nothing like (and about ten times bigger and more unwieldy than) the promo pic:

Another hilarious one I've come across. In America they have a chain called "Culvers" which apparently does a lot of fried fish. One of their burgers is called the "Walleye Sandwich" and can be seen below:

However, one blogger took a picture of her Walleye Sandwich after unwrapping to see this monstrosity, which is inexplicably nothing like (and about ten times bigger and more unwieldy than) the promo pic:

It actually looks better than the promo pic.
Reply 755
Original post by Akbar2k7
It actually looks better than the promo pic.

It kind of looks like a deep fried rat to me... :dontknow:
Reply 756
Another one here: Healthy Choice Country Breaded Chicken Meal with Country Gravy.

Notice how the breaded chicken strips sit atop a bed of mash and colourful vegetables, nestled beside the packed-inside dessert dish of Cherry Vanilla Crisp. Looks positively wonderful!

Now, the real life, microwaved version. Looks vaguely similar, albeit a bit asploded. One thing however, I cannot comprehend, is the American ready meal tradition of having the pudding section as part of the main meal tray. Surely it'd get cold by the time you've had your dinner? What if the two bits intermingle? I mean, it's clearly exploded in the microwave, what if I've got vanilla crisp chicken bits?

But if you look at it carefully, check the pudding out. Either mashed tattie HAS made it's way over there... or that crap right there isn't so much "Vanilla Cherry CRISP" as it is "Vanilla Cherry... SLOSH."

It looks like the least crisp, nondescript purple goo I've ever seen.
Is "Healthy" US for "wrong"
Reply 758

Salisbury Steak and Macaroni Cheese - AND it's Weight Watchers!! LOW CALORIE! What could possibly go wrong?

Oh. THAT.

The Weight Watchers diet is really working for me. Every time I make one of their meals, I take a look at this disturbing tray of beige... substance... and I instantly lose my appetite!

And what on earth's that to the right?

Is it Cheese? Is it Cancer?

the problem is that everyone's used all their rates by now :frown:

By mutedmirth at 2012-01-24

Well that looks nice.

By mutedmirth at 2012-01-24

And uh, is that properly cooked? I had to nuke it some extra minutes because the cheese (I assume it's cheese) on top hadn't melted... but well it's in the oven now to try and make it look edible.

I should learn that microwaving meals make it look so much worse.

Quick Reply

Latest