The Student Room Group

Getting sick of waiting

I'm getting fed up of waiting to know whether I have even been invited to interview!! This is for nursing btw!!

I know I applied pretty late but even so... It isn't fair haha!! And the fact that they hand out places on a first come first serve isn't right, I'm supposed to get equal consideration but I doubt that will happen!! :frown:

Anyone else feeling the same?
Original post by sammy9214
I'm getting fed up of waiting to know whether I have even been invited to interview!! This is for nursing btw!!

I know I applied pretty late but even so... It isn't fair haha!! And the fact that they hand out places on a first come first serve isn't right, I'm supposed to get equal consideration but I doubt that will happen!! :frown:

Anyone else feeling the same?

HEIs have no obligation to give offers until the last date agreed with UCAS

HEis do not hand places out on a first come first served basis, some HEIs feel sufficiently confident of the calibre of applicants to make offers before the various cut off dates
Reply 2
yeah but if you apply late you're at a disadvantage, they say that themselves...

I know... but surely they should wait before giving out offers to suitable candidates, what's the point in the deadline if actually you've got no chance...

That's all I was saying
Reply 3
yeah but if you apply late you're at a disadvantage, they say that themselves...

I know... but surely they should wait before giving out offers to suitable candidates, what's the point in the deadline if actually you've got no chance...

That's all I was saying

Hi did you apply before the 15th of jan?
if so then u should have an EQUAL chance as everyone else
but if not then yeah it will be a lot harder for you to get a place as its such a popular course

just be patient though :smile:
no news is good news :smile:

good luck x
Reply 4
Original post by bellyboo
Hi did you apply before the 15th of jan?
if so then u should have an EQUAL chance as everyone else
but if not then yeah it will be a lot harder for you to get a place as its such a popular course

just be patient though :smile:
no news is good news :smile:

good luck x

Yeah I did well I applied 12 hours before the deadline lol. I know but with some unis they have given out all their places and you have to go on a waiting list :frown:

I hope so!

You too :smile: x
Reply 5
Yeah I did well I applied 12 hours before the deadline lol. I know but with some unis they have given out all their places and you have to go on a waiting list :frown:

I hope so!

i applied on the 14th of jan so pretty late to the deadline 2
ive recived a rejection and one interview so far
im sure ur start hearing back eventually :smile: some unis just take there time lol
ur be fine im sure :smile:

I hope so!

When you send your application, it goes straight to your referee to add your reference, so you probably were a late applicant by the time your referee sent your application to UCAS.

Universities always give out too many offers anyway, due to considering people who will go through Adjustment, have the university as their insurance or under-achieve.
Reply 7
Original post by PhoenixFortune
When you send your application, it goes straight to your referee to add your reference, so you probably were a late applicant by the time your referee sent your application to UCAS.

Universities always give out too many offers anyway, due to considering people who will go through Adjustment, have the university as their insurance or under-achieve.

No that was it sent with the reference on...

Ahh fair enough, didn't think of that

Quick Reply

Latest