The Student Room Group

Kingston foundation art offer

Hi!

I just got an unconditional offer back from Kingston for the art foundation for 2024! I’m super happy but slightly worried about something i just wanted to get some clearance on it!

The email says I have 2 weeks to accept the offer and a further 2 weeks to cancel it, but im still waiting on a few other university foundation course offers that might come back in 6-8 weeks. I dont want to cancel the offer without knowing all my possible options first.
Would it be possible to accept the offer for the time being and potentially cancel after the cancel deadline when I have all of my offers back, so i can properly consider all of my options?
I’m super grateful to receive this but i want to keep my options open so i can make a decision when all my offers are back!

Thank you

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jellysoobie
Hi!

I just got an unconditional offer back from Kingston for the art foundation for 2024! I’m super happy but slightly worried about something i just wanted to get some clearance on it!

The email says I have 2 weeks to accept the offer and a further 2 weeks to cancel it, but im still waiting on a few other university foundation course offers that might come back in 6-8 weeks. I dont want to cancel the offer without knowing all my possible options first.
Would it be possible to accept the offer for the time being and potentially cancel after the cancel deadline when I have all of my offers back, so i can properly consider all of my options?
I’m super grateful to receive this but i want to keep my options open so i can make a decision when all my offers are back!

Thank you

Ring them up and ask (or check the cancellation/deposit conditions in the small print on the offer email)
Exact situation here! I also received an unconditional offer but I am still waiting on UAL!! I’m super excited for the new beginning - if anyone knows that would also be greatly appreciated!!!
Original post by carlabailey
Exact situation here! I also received an unconditional offer but I am still waiting on UAL!! I’m super excited for the new beginning - if anyone knows that would also be greatly appreciated!!!
update: I accepted the Kingston offer!
Original post by PQ
Ring them up and ask (or check the cancellation/deposit conditions in the small print on the offer email)
Thank you!! I rang them and they told me to email the admissions, but it would be fine if I deferred acceptance for a few weeks!!
update: I accepted the Kingston offer!
Congrats!!! V happy for u :smile:)) I’m also waiting for UAL! Submitting my portfolio in the next two weeks and will wait to see the outcome before I make a decision!
Reply 6
I accepted Kingston !! But still waiting on UAL as well.
Original post by BL14124

YAY! I think I am doing the same too. I am scared I’m making the wrong decision but I’m trying to prioritise my health over education this year and Kingston seems less intense… And CONGRATS!
Reply 8
I am thinking the same, also the UAL one is hugeeee !!!!! And Kingstons apparently better so YAY
Original post by BL14124
I am thinking the same, also the UAL one is hugeeee !!!!! And Kingstons apparently better so YAY

Omg really? I think my art teacher briefly said that Kingston was like the best art foundation course last year or something (even though like every foundation course in the UK follows the UAL course) Where did you find this out?
Although I’ve accepted the offer, I’m still going to consider UAL
Original post by BL14124
Hope you get accepted!! Congrats for Kingston :smile:
Omg really? I think my art teacher briefly said that Kingston was like the best art foundation course last year or something (even though like every foundation course in the UK follows the UAL course) Where did you find this out?
Kingston is the best foundation but the UAL foundation one gets u a certain place at most UAL BA courses!!
Original post by JellySoobie2
Kingston is the best foundation but the UAL foundation one gets u a certain place at most UAL BA courses!!

Wow that is an important thing to consider- what do you plan on doing as a degree (if u know yet)

Wow that is an important thing to consider- what do you plan on doing as a degree (if u know yet)I want to do womenswear!! Wbu?

Wow that is an important thing to consider- what do you plan on doing as a degree (if u know yet)
I want to do womenswear!! Wbu?

Oh wow that’s so sick!! I may do architecture but I do enjoy drawing realistically a lot
I want to do womenswear!! Wbu?

Oh wow that’s so sick!! I may do architecture but I do enjoy drawing realistically a lotThat’s ACC so awesome!! Could I get ur insta btw?

Oh wow that’s so sick!! I may do architecture but I do enjoy drawing realistically a lot
That’s ACC so awesome!! Could I get ur insta btw?

Haha I was thinking the same- my normal account is @carlabailey._ and my art acc is @lines_bycarla !!
Hiii, I'm in the same situation - I think I might accept Kingston though :smile:
That’s ACC so awesome!! Could I get ur insta btw?

Haha I was thinking the same- my normal account is @carlabailey._ and my art acc is @lines_bycarla !!Just requested!!
Original post by rinonathrone
Hiii, I'm in the same situation - I think I might accept Kingston though :smile:
That’s rly cool! Lmk which one u pick !!
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest