The Student Room Group

Do they not sell ice tea in the UK?

I've lived most of my life in a couple of places in Europe and the stores there have always had a very wide range of ice teas available. I hadn't bought it before in the UK (moved here due to Uni) but today I had a look in my local Asda and I was shocked to find....that I couldn't find any. Is the ice tea as a drink not popular (and hence not sold) in the UK? It just seems so weird to me that I couldn't find it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Huh.....I see it everywhere....Try Lidl. :ninja:
Original post by teriaki
I've lived most of my life in a couple of places in Europe and the stores there have always had a very wide range of ice teas available. I hadn't bought it before in the UK (moved here due to Uni) but today I had a look in my local Asda and I was shocked to find....that I couldn't find any. Is the ice tea as a drink not popular (and hence not sold) in the UK? It just seems so weird to me that I couldn't find it.

Yes, they do sell it in the UK. Maybe try a different supermarket?
whittards do it (well powders, not an actual drink)
Reply 4
There's Lipton's Ice tea, and I think you can get it from Lidl too, apart from that I have no idea
Yes - it's not as popular as in Europe though. We drink proper, hot tea over here ya see. :biggrin:
Reply 6
I see the Lipton one nearly everywhere. I've also seen powdered stuff that you make up yourself. I like making my own with normal tea bags and (tons of) sugar :smile:
Reply 7
Ice tea is quite hard to find in a lot of supermarkets, well the big bottles are. Try lidl and random small newsagents thats where I get my giant bottles of joy from
Reply 8
Original post by Master.K

Me too, but Lidl will definitely have it !
Reply 9
Original post by Master.K

This.
Reply 10
I've seen ice tea but only crappy flavoured stuff. I had plain ice tea in France once and it was amazing. Really want to find some here!
I get the peach stuff from Lidil.
To be fair I had never tried it before going to France, but I'm pretty sure it's easy to find?
I've seen some in Sainsburys!
Reply 13
United Kingdom
Iced tea is becoming a more popular beverage in the United Kingdom, though not replacing hot tea, with milk and sometimes sugar. Lipton sold their carbonated iced tea, similar to the one sold in Belgium, but the drink disappeared from shelves in the mid-1990s. Recently Lipton has returned to general sale of non-carbonated tea, quickly followed by Nestea and Twinings.

Wikipedia is your friend. Use it.
Reply 14
It is sold but very rarely, sadly. It's one of my favourite drinks - peach and lemon flavour! :frown: I took a school trip to Belgium/France once and it was amazing :biggrin: Ice Tea sold everywhere! In vending machines, any fast food chains, any restaurants, any supermarkets.. heaven :p:
Reply 15
I see it everywhere.... Local newsagents and small grocery stores usually have it. Usually only lemon and peach flavours but I've seen Mango a couple of times. Used to go to one specific newsagents to buy it but i've moved now and can't find mango anywhere :frown:
Here if you look for it - mostly cheap supermarkets. Not many people drink it though. Because it's horrible :smile:
Was that the one that was sold in a pop can back in the 80s. I remember buying a tea drink in a pop can back then but i do not recall the name of it
Was that the one that was sold in a pop can back in the 80s. I remember buying a tea drink in a pop can back then but i do not recall the name of it
Original post by Kelly Leeds

Original post by Kelly Leeds

you bumped a 5 year old thread for some rather irrelevant and unlikely to be answered question

Quick Reply

Latest