The Student Room Group

What's wrong with gypsies?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by -honeybee-
I think the people who say 'they're not that bad' are kind of naive to what it can be like to live near gypsies! And chavs are more common so more people have experience of them.

Chavs are FAR worse than gypsies. Chavs contribute NOTHING to society, whilst also draining the taxpayer by being on benefits all their lives.

Gypsies take nothing from the government, so are therefore not a drain on society in any way. Leave us be.
(edited 13 years ago)
I don't think there's anything wrong with gypsies but they should at least be sent to like gypsy towns or something with 24/7 surveillance
Original post by notatrollbuttrying
I don't think there's anything wrong with gypsies but they should at least be sent to like gypsy towns or something with 24/7 surveillance

But the whole point of being a gypsy is that you're free from society's cage
Original post by Raving_Hippy
I don't understand the anomosity towards gypsies and hippies.....if anything, we're the ones who have it made, whereas you lot are being screwed over by the 'system'.

The truth of the matter is that most people who work damn hard within the boundaries of normality are so done in when they get to retirement age,that they wither and die.I choose to take my retirement now and enjoy it whilst I have the health to do so.I could get run over by the proverbial bus tomorrow,so living for today works for me.

I don't want to work myself into a grave to line the pockets of the greedy, lying, corrupt government by paying excessive tax. If we could choose in which way our tax money went,then maybe we would be happier in paying more,but who the **** wants to pay for the trident defense system or buy more and more nuclear arms and pay for police to arrest someone with a bit of dope in their pocket.

I would not go back to a normal, fixed location lifestyle for all the money in the world.

But you would expect me to pay for your medical bills if you got in an accident.
Original post by morecambebay
But you would expect me to pay for your medical bills if you got in an accident.

No, not true. Read this.... http://sites.google.com/site/livingwithoutmoney/Home/10--what-happens-if-you-get-sick-or-injured
Chavs are FAR worse than gypsies. Chavs contribute NOTHING to society, whilst also draining the taxpayer by being on benefits all their lives.

Gypsies take nothing from the government, so are therefore not a drain on society in any way. Leave us be.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha :biggrin:

But the whole point of being a gypsy is that you're free from society's cage

Maybe I like the cage. it has TV and shoes.
(edited 13 years ago)

So, seeing as you live in this country but have no fixed abode, what exactly are you giving to the government/society?

Also, bolded bit is a lie and you know it

yeah right. You reckon that if you got in a car crash tonight you wouldnt expect an ambulance to show up and take you to an nhs hospital? Bull****. What if you have a kid who gets ill? You arent going to ask the tax payer to make them all better?
Original post by CoffeeStinks
I'm just curious as to why some people have an overwhelming hate for gypsies?

So thoughts and opinions welcomed.

Dude i can't believe you got negged so hard for bringing this subject up :frown: UP REP FOR YOU!

I think a lot of the prejudice against gypsies is from the steriotypes you always hear about them - they steal, they fight, they have loose morals. So how are they different from chavs?

I think the REAL gypsies are awesome, there are a lot of people moving around calling themselves gypsies who are in fact just travelling around avoiding the government.

We have some near where i live in Devon... They killed our wild deer and ate them on a BBQ :frown:
Original post by mother_eve3088
Dude i can't believe you got negged so hard for bringing this subject up :frown: UP REP FOR YOU!

I think a lot of the prejudice against gypsies is from the steriotypes you always hear about them - they steal, they fight, they have loose morals. So how are they different from chavs?

I think the REAL gypsies are awesome, there are a lot of people moving around calling themselves gypsies who are in fact just travelling around avoiding the government.

We have some near where i live in Devon... They killed our wild deer and ate them on a BBQ :frown:

I know :frown:

I didn't even say that it was wrong/right to hate them I was just curious of people opinions on them and why.

I'll refrain from anger stirring threads in the furture. :redface:

Oh that's horrible, was that the last dear where you lived?

From this thread I have found out that some gypsies have a antisocial side.

The same could be said about every group. But loud people do have a tendency to steal the show. So even if the majority of Gypsies were lovely the aggressive minority will prove the stereotypes.

C'est la vie. :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Dude Where's My Username
So, seeing as you live in this country but have no fixed abode, what exactly are you giving to the government/society?

Also, bolded bit is a lie and you know it

I give my talents to the world, I help people in any way I can and try to make the world a better place. By working and paying tax, the only people benefiting are the governments, banks and greedy bosses. I choose not to support corrupt individuals such as these, instead preferring to help people who actually need help.

In short, those who work as employees THINK they're being righteous and 'good citizens' and that they're 'doing something constructive' with their life, but in reality all they're actually doing is working in a job they hate for 40 hours a week, thus giving up their happiness and freedom, just for the sake of making a boss, a bank and the government and their landlord richer.
(edited 13 years ago)
I was in A&E last week (burnt myself, clever me :redface: ) and EVERYONE sat in the waiting area was a gypsy. The reason I know? They were all the same family.
They don't have a fixed address so can't get a Dr or dentist, then use up more expensive resources through the hospitals because that's the only place they can go.
I pay taxes and stuff, so i don't take the NHS for granted, but they clearly do.

Also, that theory of 'grabbing' girls (ok i saw it on the tv show) i really hope that was exaggerated, otherwise that's full on abuse, sexism and the most backward reasoning i've ever seen being portrayed as 'normal'.
(edited 13 years ago)
http://www.chris-uk.org/gypsy-grabbing

This sums up the problems I have with some of the customs.
Reply 94
Original post by karateworm
To be fair, another word for gypsies could be "uber-chav". They're responsible for a large amount of crime/violence.

I've never talked to one my self, so I've got no personal grudge... they're just got a (well-earned) reputation for breaking the law and generally being a massive pain.

Pretty much this. They're well known for being ********s.
Reply 95
Original post by la-dauphine
http://www.chris-uk.org/gypsy-grabbing

This sums up the problems I have with some of the customs.

They call it grabbing because they can't spell sexual assault. :wink:
Reply 96
EVERYTHING

Have you ever watched the big fat gypsy wedding :eek:
Reply 97
I don't understand the anomosity towards gypsies and hippies.....if anything, we're the ones who have it made, whereas you lot are being screwed over by the 'system'.

The truth of the matter is that most people who work damn hard within the boundaries of normality are so done in when they get to retirement age,that they wither and die.I choose to take my retirement now and enjoy it whilst I have the health to do so.I could get run over by the proverbial bus tomorrow,so living for today works for me.

I don't want to work myself into a grave to line the pockets of the greedy, lying, corrupt government by paying excessive tax. If we could choose in which way our tax money went,then maybe we would be happier in paying more,but who the **** wants to pay for the trident defense system or buy more and more nuclear arms and pay for police to arrest someone with a bit of dope in their pocket.

I would not go back to a normal, fixed location lifestyle for all the money in the world.
Do you still use the services our taxes pay for? If so why do you think it's ok to do that without contributing towards the cost of it? It's theft, pure and simple.

Even setting aside the cultural differences, not paying taxes but still using the services is enough to make me hate "travellers".
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 98
I find it difficult to understand what they're saying. But that's just most accents in general for me... */fail
Reply 99
I've had a few dealings with Gypsies and none of them have been nice. At my school, some gypsies moved into a park opposite, me & a few other people were going to the shop & the gypsies came over, started shouting at us, throwing stones, etc. Riding towards us fast on horses, etc, etc. We just got away asap. Then a few days later they were throwing stones at pupils over the fence into our field at lunchtime. The "Tough guy" at our school went over to tell them to **** off, about 5 jumped the fence and literally started beating the **** out of this guy. A teacher ran over and basically stood in between them, then they smacked him and ran off.

Another story - my old friend's had massive land and some gypsies moved into one of their fields, refused to leave, etc, etc. Late one night they heard a really loud gunshot. Called the police, the police found a shotgun, loads of cocaine and loads of weed along with thousands of pounds in small notes.

Another story - I was in a pub with a few friends which was quite near a gypsy site. One of my friends knows everyone and talks to everyone. We started chattin to this bloke over a game of pool. He invited us to a party, as soon as he said - go to the caravan park & listen for the music, me & my mate looked at each other like - "NAH". But 3 people who were kind of with us decided to go because they were wasted & were promised hot girls, alcohol, drugs, etc. Found out from them the next day that they walked into the site, got surrounded by about 10 gypsies and they nicked everything off them (I'm talking wallet, phone, keys, shoes (!) and one guy's t-shirt), gave one of them a black eye and then told them to **** off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending