The Student Room Group

A* at A level

Im a little confused about the A* grade at a level. I know that you need at least 80% at AS, and 90% at A2.

However is it at least 90% on each unit in A2 or is it the 90% average across all units. For example could you still get an A* if at A2 in one unit you got 89/100 UMS and the other 100/100 UMS?

Scroll to see replies

It's an average over your A2 units.
Reply 2
Thank you very much :smile:
Reply 3
It's an average. Technically it's done on the sum of your UMS points. For example, in maths, you need to get 180 points from C3 and C4 for an A*, which works out at an average of 90% in each one.
my friend just got an A* in history unit 2 in as? :s
Reply 5
Original post by helpnowplease
my friend just got an A* in history unit 2 in as? :s

No (s)he didn't, your school might call it an A* but you cannot get an A* grade at AS Level.
Original post by Delaney
No (s)he didn't, your school might call it an A* but you cannot get an A* grade at AS Level.

92%

grade boundaries for an A were 80%...so i think it is a* its edexcel
Reply 7
92%

grade boundaries for an A were 80%...so i think it is a* its edexcel

Listen slowly. To get an A*, regardless of who create the exams, you need to get 80% in your AS and 90% average at A2. 92% at AS is not an A*, it is a high A.
Reply 8
So 80% for AS then? Wooh glad about that so let me clear this again you don't need to get 90% in both AS and A2, only A2?
Original post by Delaney
Listen slowly. To get an A*, regardless of who create the exams, you need to get 80% in your AS and 90% average at A2. 92% at AS is not an A*, it is a high A.

I can't listen to typed words.
I'm just telling you, the teachers got it...it said A*? what does that mean!? it means A*? MAYBE there is A* for some subjects!?
I'm just telling you, the teachers got it...it said A*? what does that mean!? it means A*? MAYBE there is A* for some subjects!?

You are persistent in your wrongness. Please desist.
Reply 11

no i got 100% in both my AS russians and its only an A. Then i got over 90% in my russian A2 and got an A* overall.

you fail.
Original post by Onge
no i got 100% in both my AS russians and its only an A. Then i got over 90% in my russian A2 and got an A* overall.

you fail.

I know who you are.
You know who i am.
Shusssh MK boy. :P
Reply 13
I know who you are.
You know who i am.

LOL, no idea who you are... although never done history A-level so dont know grade boundaries etc.

so you are? :P
Original post by Onge
LOL, no idea who you are... although never done history A-level so dont know grade boundaries etc.

so you are? :P

S
o
n
i
a

Remember me?

No? Oh? why not :angry: Eco girl............:biggrin:
OMG. GOT E IN A2 ECO
Reply 15
I know who you are.
You know who i am.

stop changing ur username then! confusing people!!! helpneeded/helpmenow lol
Reply 16

Your school can call it an A* all they like. It is an A. They could call it an A++* distinction with honours or a magical grade for super smart peeps if they wanted to but it would still be an A.
Reply 17
S
o
n
i
a

Remember me?

No? Oh? why not :angry: Eco girl............:biggrin:
OMG. GOT E IN A2 ECO

yeh A-2 Eco sucks, AS easy as hell A2 sucks if you dont revise :/

Doing my engineering now :frown: need to see teacher tomorrow so if i **** up no notts for me :/
Original post by Onge
stop changing ur username then! confusing people!!! helpneeded/helpmenow lol

DIDN'T DO IT ON PURPOSE...
I told mods to ban other accoutn so i wont come on, but i made this account!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Onge
yeh A-2 Eco sucks, AS easy as hell A2 sucks if you dont revise :/

Doing my engineering now :frown: need to see teacher tomorrow so if i **** up no notts for me :/

ahhhh :frown:
I got some hope to get AAB
i got resit results!
wernt THAT good, but i can get AAB from a2 :s-smilie:

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, im gunan choose accomodation, scaaaaared!

And good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest