Interview at Greggs on Saturday...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Acapella_x
We have a choice of 3 aprons:

Long halter neck
Tabard
Half waist apron

A choice of either a shirt or polo t-shirt.

And a choice of either a skirt or trousers.

The entire uniform is Navy.

If you have just got a job with Greggs they will ask you, which you prefer.

Started working for Greggs on Monday and loving it so far, the staff at the shop I'm currently based in are very welcoming :smile:

And with weekly pay you really can't go wrong :wink:

Thanks, What do the majority seem to go for? I'm quite clumbsy so maybe a tabard or a long halter neck would be best for me.

What did you go for?
Original post by xxxabixxx
Thanks, What do the majority seem to go for? I'm quite clumbsy so maybe a tabard or a long halter neck would be best for me.

What did you go for?

I went for the polo shirt, trousers and a long halter neck apron, thought it would be better with me being tall, but it all looks presentable together.
Reply 82
I went for the polo shirt, trousers and a long halter neck apron, thought it would be better with me being tall, but it all looks presentable together.

Thanks, I'm resbonably tall so I may go for the apron rather than the tabard then. I guess that way my top and bottom is covered.
Reply 83
Hi, im considering applying for a job at my local greggs and just wondering about their piercing policy. Im guessing as its the food industry that its none whatsoever, but does this mean no retainers as well, I have a lip piercing which I'm more than happy to take out and have no fears it will heal up, but I also have my nose pierced and really don't want it to heal, and I know it will if I have it out like all day so I wondered if a retainer or plaster would be an option or is it just no piercings and thats the end of it?

If anyone could help, I'd be greatful :smile:
Reply 84
I beleive we are getting a 2.2% pay rise sometime this month! :smile:
Original post by Alans Amp
I beleive we are getting a 2.2% pay rise sometime this month! :smile:

Yeah? Yey :smile:

How soon after inductions are people usually getting their first shifts? So my induction is the 15th, will I have a shift the 16th by any chance?
Original post by aleathiel
Yeah? Yey :smile:

How soon after inductions are people usually getting their first shifts? So my induction is the 15th, will I have a shift the 16th by any chance?

My induction was 26th March started on the 28th.

Depends which shop you're at and if it opens on a Saturday.

You should receive a letter soon to confirm which day you'll start and what time you will start.
My induction was 26th March started on the 28th.

Depends which shop you're at and if it opens on a Saturday.

You should receive a letter soon to confirm which day you'll start and what time you will start.

Ooh cool thanks for the reply!

:smile:

another random question, if you have to travel for an induction do they tend to reimburse your travel? I'm having to get the train and it's costing me £12 return which isn't much I guess, but I was just wondering :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 88

another random question, if you have to travel for an induction do they tend to reimburse your travel? I'm having to get the train and it's costing me £12 return which isn't much I guess, but I was just wondering :smile:

They didn't for me, no. I only paid £5 for the bus myself, but I know some others paid much more to get there and they weren't reimbursed. It might be different where you are, though.
Reply 89
Original post by terri123
Hi, im considering applying for a job at my local greggs and just wondering about their piercing policy. Im guessing as its the food industry that its none whatsoever, but does this mean no retainers as well, I have a lip piercing which I'm more than happy to take out and have no fears it will heal up, but I also have my nose pierced and really don't want it to heal, and I know it will if I have it out like all day so I wondered if a retainer or plaster would be an option or is it just no piercings and thats the end of it?

If anyone could help, I'd be greatful :smile:

I don't know... I was wondering this myself because I want my nose done :s-smilie:. I think if the rules are because of food safety then it's probably just no piercings allowed full stop, but if I remember I'll ask when I'm there on Thursday. :smile:
Reply 90

I got mine for the £8.50 train journey
Ah ok it's worth checking I guess but no harm if the answer is no :smile: thanks guys!
Reply 92
Original post by alabelle
Another update: I got the job!!!!
Thanks for all your help everyone I'm so pleased. :smile:

Hi, well done! Just wondering, how did you apply for the job? Did you go into the shop, or apply online? Thanks :smile:
Reply 93
Original post by hoodlie
Hi, well done! Just wondering, how did you apply for the job? Did you go into the shop, or apply online? Thanks :smile:

I applied online. :smile:
Original post by hoodlie

yeah it was online for me too :smile:

btw someone was asking me yesterday if I'll be off for the bank holidays coming up (particularly the royal wedding one), does anyone know the bank holiday opening/closure for Greggs? Just wondering, it got me curious lol
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 95

btw someone was asking me yesterday if I'll be off for the bank holidays coming up (particularly the royal wedding one), does anyone know the bank holiday opening/closure for Greggs? Just wondering, it got me curious lol

Ah okay, so I'll just have to keep checking the website to see if there are any vacancies around here.
Are you enjoying working there so far?
Original post by hoodlie
Ah okay, so I'll just have to keep checking the website to see if there are any vacancies around here.

I start on friday :biggrin: so will update once I've had the induction and probably first shift to answer this lol :biggrin:
Reply 97
Original post by hoodlie

I had my first day on Saturday... I felt a little thrown in at the deep end with being put straight on the shop floor but I think it's necessary and they take the training really slowly. Everyone was really nice as well and in spite of making every mistake possible (undercharging, dropping products, forgetting to shut the till etc.) they still want me to come in on Saturday. :tongue:
Reply 98

I think the Royal Wedding isn't classed as a bank holiday for Greggs, don't quote me on that though :P

On the usual bank holidays, I think shops usually just operate Sunday hours, so if your shop is closed on a Sunday it should be closed on the bank holidays, and if it's usually open Sundays it'll be the shorter hours...
Original post by ily_em
I think the Royal Wedding isn't classed as a bank holiday for Greggs, don't quote me on that though :P

On the usual bank holidays, I think shops usually just operate Sunday hours, so if your shop is closed on a Sunday it should be closed on the bank holidays, and if it's usually open Sundays it'll be the shorter hours...

thank you :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending