The Student Room Group

Microgynon pill to Rigevidon anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
I am so happy I found this post, I have had the same problem and I have come on early. They tried me on it once before and I became depressed then too.
I'd never tried any contraceptive pill but the first one I was put on was regivion, first week I was fine, then the following two months I felt emotionless, unhappy, depressed, my period week I went through serious thoughts all day everyday about how I could kill myself, i would find reasons to cry, I didn't want to communicate with anyone, I gained weight I still can't loose and no matter how turned on I was I couldn't get wet during sex and it instead became painful, I also had thrush towards the end of my second pack, I thought maybe I had general depression but when coming off the pill I have been getting back to very productive positive self, it's not painful to be intimate any more, all signs of thrush are gone, and I've lost weight already, shame about my boobs getting smaller again though.
Reply 202
Hi
Reply 203
Have never wrote on a forum before this is my first post ! I had been on microgonon for over 10 years was like many others swapped to rigevidon and told it's the same thing . I was just about to book into the doctors to talk about antidepressants I felt so low . I had this thought in the back of my mind it's only since you started that new pill ! It kept being silenced by the words of the doctor it's the same pill different name . Well this simply can NOT be true look at all these bad experiences. Iv slept all day and night , gained weight , in anxious , I have suisidle thoughts , I have NO motivation at all , I sit and stair into no where looking at nothing , thoughts are blury , I have sickness , headaches , Iv had my first break and no period ! Just weird brown jelly ! I felt lost low depressed . I thought I was going mad !!! I'm so glad I found this thread thank you ! This is why I had to write down my experience. Iv also had intense itchy feet , I have no idea if this is connected and night sweats . This pill is vile ! I'm stopping taking it today as now I'm 💯 convinced it is this that has made me feel so totally lost low and demotivated ! I feel that strongly I'm not touching another . I will go to my GP and insist she makes notes and I hope they think a little more before saving a few penny's !
If given the option I'd have paid to stay on the old pill !
I literally feel iv lost a month or more of my life feeling paralysed with depression !!!!
I'd advice people if it's safe to do so stop taking it !
have only just begun using rigevidon. first birth control ever taken.
first month was fine. this month my boobs are so sensitive it hurts to put on and take off a bra, or wear a top that presses down on them. don't seem to be swollen. have thrown up three times, feel sick the majority of the time. continuous headaches, switching between ibruprofen, aspirin and paracetamol each day. exhausted. school days I'm normally ready by 7:40 when my bus comes, I've found myself unable to get out of bed and having to catch the next bus, or running and nearly missing it. often headaches are so severe, even with painkillers, that I cannot sleep for long. Whether I've had 1 hour of sleep or 12, I'm absolutely knackered by around 1pm. Feeling depressed and sensitive, snapping at boyfriend for things I normally would not care about such as what time he comes over or if he runs late. Hardly any energy at all. Around three times this month I've suddenly broken out severely - considering I have dry skin I do not break out often. Spots that won't form heads and are painful. Blackheads all over my nose, all pores blocked despite using the same skin care I have for three years. Each time one breakout goes, a new one comes. Had it on my cheeks first time, the driest area of my face, then along my jaw and more recently on my t-zone which flakes frequently if I don't use my skincare products.Legs ache if I stand up for too long, dizzy at least twice a day. Appetite completely gone - struggling to finish a plate of food which is normally not a problem. Fast metabolism normally and I've lost 5lbs in the last two weeks. If I eat too much I'm sick. This pill is horrible, am switching as soon as the doctor lets me. After reading these I'm also now worried it could be pregnancy as the symptoms are all very similar.
Reply 205
I have had the same problem, awful anxiety and feeling low on Rigevidon which I never experienced on Microgynon. I cannot understand this if all that happened was a re branding?! Unless Rigevidon has been cheaply made with things added in? I have recently changed to Cilest and so far I'm feeling back to my normal, positive, happy, bubbly, motivated self.
Original post by dlove5
I have had the same problem, awful anxiety and feeling low on Rigevidon which I never experienced on Microgynon. I cannot understand this if all that happened was a re branding?! Unless Rigevidon has been cheaply made with things added in? I have recently changed to Cilest and so far I'm feeling back to my normal, positive, happy, bubbly, motivated self.

If I had to guess, they probably use lower quality ingredients. Which allows them to say the ingredients are the same but have the price lower. It's kinda like oils. You can have the same type of oil but one is more refined than the other
Hi i also took Regevidon for 2 years . I also suffered terrible mood swings and get very emotional when i almost reached to end of pill pack. I never thought of pill could cause such symptoms to me until i realised i had been crying terribly at the same time of the month. So i go read further about the pill and decided to come off of it for a month. Seriously i feel much better and no more terrible mood swings during period. And i am confirmed that regevidon could cause mood swing, paranoid and anxiety etc. Anyone got into other pills from Regevidon and no much mood swings ?
I’ve been taking Regividon for around 6 years due to suffering with extremely bad cramps and periods in my teens, neve rha a problem with them, until now, I’m 20 and in university and for some reason I’m severely anxious and suffer with migraines with an aura, I was even in hospital with one as I had a panic attack at the same time as the migraine (lol not a good mix) I thought I was going to have a seizure! Anywhooo, I kept suffering with the severe anxiety for the next 4 weeks after that, my doctor was kind enough to try different medications to help my migraines but didn’t actully help a lot with the anxiety, like I became anxious over anything a thought would pop into my head and it would stay there for sooooo long and I’d panic over it.Now I searched online to find answers because I’m starting to get scared of it, I found the pill Regividon could be the main cause of the severe anxiety and theMigraines that I’ve been having, the doctors said that the pill doesn’t affect your mental health OH BUT IT DOES! Currently on Cerelle and migraine tablets and they seem to be going okay (it’s the first 3 days of taking them together) I have noticed i seem to be more content with the anxiety but it’s still there, hoping and praying it’s because of Regividon! Thanks for this thread!
Hi, I'm doing a uni project investigating the change from Microgynon to Rigevidon, and whether cheaper manufacturing causes patients to experience different side effects. Would you be interested in a short interview? If so then contact me on 07860673706. Thanks!
I have been looking for a website to be able to leave a review on the 'Rigevidon' pill. I understand that everyones body reacts differently to different medicines, especially contraception. I was on Gederal for 1 year and then was switched to Rigevidon for 2 years. I never had one problem with this pill until 6 months before I quit it all together. I had serious mood swings to the point I would feel so low that I had suicidal thoughts on many occasions, I was unbelievably insecure and suffered with bad anxiety also. I thought I was going crazy until I searched into this pill and discovered that a lot of women had gone through the same thing. I agree that for some people this medicine doesn't seem to have these side effects, but I feel that doctors should at least warn girls about possible side effects.
I just started this pill this week and was put on it after changing doctors and didn't realise until I got home it was different otherwise I would try to swap it there and then at the pharmacy as I had no issue with microgynon 30ed for about a year and a half. The same day I started rigevidon (new pill) I started getting migraines at night and before the pill I used to get migraines all the time but this seems different. Also I'm generally a sleepy person but I can probably happily fall asleep and only wake up for food the rest of my life while on this pill! I'm just exhausted all the time and may only give this pill a month before going back asking for a change.
Hi I had never gone on the pill ever before but last year, at the age of 15, due to my very short periods (cycle of 20-22 days) and the mental effects that it had on me, especially as someone who’s had a very hard time accepting changes in my body, I decided to see what I could do about it. So I went to the doctors and they decided to put me on Rigevidon, within the first month I had gone up two cup sizes and gained 3kg something I found very difficult to deal with as I have always struggled with body image and weight issues, I then continued to have the most severe cramps I’ve ever had and much heavier periods than I had ever experienced before, on top of that my mood drastically changed. I felt as if I was going through life on auto pilot and it was normal for me to cry every other day, nothing was funny, nothing was sad, I felt nothing. I have never experienced a feeling like that before. By the end of the three months I had pretty much decided to myself that I had had enough, so when I went to the doctors again and told them about my symptoms I expected to be put on a different pill or for there to be another option however they told me to pick up another 3 months worth of the pill as it can take 6 months for your to get used to it. Being so young I didn’t disagree with her however I have never taken the pill again. I have also experienced on and off gastritis and digestive issues ever since being on the pill, this could be coincidental but I feel I should mention it and I have also only just lost the weight I gained a year later and my mood has drastically improved.
Original post by Lparker6438
Hi I had never gone on the pill ever before but last year, at the age of 15, due to my very short periods (cycle of 20-22 days) and the mental effects that it had on me, especially as someone who’s had a very hard time accepting changes in my body, I decided to see what I could do about it. So I went to the doctors and they decided to put me on Rigevidon, within the first month I had gone up two cup sizes and gained 3kg something I found very difficult to deal with as I have always struggled with body image and weight issues, I then continued to have the most severe cramps I’ve ever had and much heavier periods than I had ever experienced before, on top of that my mood drastically changed. I felt as if I was going through life on auto pilot and it was normal for me to cry every other day, nothing was funny, nothing was sad, I felt nothing. I have never experienced a feeling like that before. By the end of the three months I had pretty much decided to myself that I had had enough, so when I went to the doctors again and told them about my symptoms I expected to be put on a different pill or for there to be another option however they told me to pick up another 3 months worth of the pill as it can take 6 months for your to get used to it. Being so young I didn’t disagree with her however I have never taken the pill again. I have also experienced on and off gastritis and digestive issues ever since being on the pill, this could be coincidental but I feel I should mention it and I have also only just lost the weight I gained a year later and my mood has drastically improved.

I experinced very similar things when I was on the pill, I tried Rigevidon and Mercilon both of which gave me nasty side effects. I also tried Cerelle (Progesterone only pill) which I fared better on but still made me depressed and crying all the time like you mention so I gave that up. I live in hope that one day I might find a pill that works but it's unlikely!
My prescription said microgynon 30 but I have still been given Rigevidon, after being on microgynon for 17 years I feel very concerned about this. Whilst they contain the same ingredients the side effects that people are reporting definitely aren't. Any further advice?
Just thought I’d let all you girlies know I was on microgynon.... then got switched to Rigevidon and omg I felt suicidal I didn’t know what to do with myself and I was on the edge. I taken myself off them I was like wtf. I had murder with the pharmacist and asked why wasn’t I given microgynon even though my prescription said this. They said there not aloud to give the more expensive option, if they have the cheaper generic version. So I went back to my doctors and they put me on gederal I haven’t taken it yet as I read the leaflet And online forums about it! So I discovered online you can order microgynon from Lloyd’s pharmacy it’s only £15.00! Going to pick up my order today! Superdrug Also do it online! I’d rather pay more than receive some cheap NHS rubbish they keep giving out!
I was on microgynon and then one day they decided to give me rigevidon instead as well. Made me incredibly moody and bloated so I told my doctor and he said it's the exact same thing (uhhhhh no) but luckily changed it back to microgynon. I've found that it depends where you take your prescription as well. For example when I took my prescription foe microgynon to the university pharmacy they tried to give me ridgevidon again but when I took it to boots they gave me actual microgynon.

Quick Reply

Latest