Reply 581
I always forget about April Fools. :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Oh right. Getting the Non-mods vaguely amused about their bold names :|
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
We all have bold usernames. :colone:

We all have usertitles, we subs don't get the bold blue username it seems :sad:
Reply 584
Awww man. Watched Suckerpunch, courtesy of IGN. What a piece of crap. Predictable and repetitive. Worst breakout plan based movie. Nice try but fail. If you have read a good review about it, it's wrong. IGN were begging people to say good things for them in interviews. No one had a nice word to say. They had 2 hot chicks dressed as Baby Doll and Amber for guys to take pics with. Interviews/Pictures will probably be uploaded later today. Seriously, don't bother watching it. Sadly, if you liked Transformers 2, this is the kind of crap for you. If you do watch this, you'll want to actually see the girl dance. Yeah, this will only make sense when you watch it.

Edit:

I also saw this midget in a flat cap have some eye to eye with some woman outside the cinema when I left. That was way better than the film.
(edited 13 years ago)
Hmm may watch The Eagle sometime next week, free time as it's easter holidays. ohyesss
Original post by elisabethbridge
Watched The Apartment last night and really liked it. Might go on a Billy Wilder binge once I'm done with this silly assignment.

The Apartment is my favourite film. Everything about it is perfect. I'm currently buying my way through every Billy Wilder film on DVD - I bought Stalag 17 last week but haven't got round to watching it yet.
Reply 587
Medics are taking over the thread (Beska seems to have disappeared though).

I'm here! I just have absolutely nothing to really contribute. :frown:
Reply 588
I hate plants, I mean, do we even need them?
No, just look at today's date.

:colonhash:

Oh :facepalm2:
Original post by lukejoshjedi

Original post by lukejoshjedi
Oh right. Getting the Non-mods vaguely amused about their bold names :|

The dark blue is a far nicer colour than purple though. :sad:
(edited 13 years ago)
Some good cinematic April Fools: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/April-Fool-Your-Guide-To-Holiday-Lies-2011-23991.html

Justin Bieber in Expendables II: http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/833079/justin_bieber_signs_up_for_the_expendables_2.html

Some of these are scarily plausible. Particularly the renaming of Pixar to Disney Pixar Animation Studios.
Reply 592
No, just look at today's date.

:colonhash:

Oh, that's what this is about. I wondered.

Anyway, I watched Rango last night, and really like it. Apart from a few unconvincing parts, like the ending, and some forced humour (I don't understand why they seem to feel they need to propound the stereotype that all animations must have at least some corny jokes :dontknow:). I couldn't really make an argument about it, but I think Johnny Depp did well. :s-smilie: And the overarching concept, though perhaps not milked as much as it could have been, is fantastic: who's likelier to have an identity crisis than a chameleon?

I'll be watching something tonight as well. Might go with Animal Kingdom.
April Fools. :facepalm2:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Abiraleft
Oh, that's what this is about. I wondered.

Anyway, I watched Rango last night, and really like it. Apart from a few unconvincing parts, like the ending, and some forced humour (I don't understand why they seem to feel they need to propound the stereotype that all animations must have at least some corny jokes :dontknow:). I couldn't really make an argument about it, but I think Johnny Depp did well. :s-smilie: And the overarching concept, though perhaps not milked as much as it could have been, is fantastic: who's likelier to have an identity crisis than a chameleon?

I'll be watching something tonight as well. Might go with Animal Kingdom.

Rango for me was brilliant because of the film references. So many in the movie.
Original post by Phalanges
Some good cinematic April Fools: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/April-Fool-Your-Guide-To-Holiday-Lies-2011-23991.html

Justin Bieber in Expendables II: http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/833079/justin_bieber_signs_up_for_the_expendables_2.html

Some of these are scarily plausible. Particularly the renaming of Pixar to Disney Pixar Animation Studios.

Oh I wish the Justin Bieber thing was a joke, he's expanding his acting horizons. Remember him in CSI a few months ago, his death was fairly well acted tho
Original post by Phalanges
The dark blue is a far nicer colour than purple though. :sad:

Lol. True, true :cool:
Original post by Christien
Billy Wilder is pretty brilliant tbh. Not as stylistically distinctive as Huston, Hitchcock, etc., but his films are generally excellent.

ArtGoblin
The Apartment is my favourite film. Everything about it is perfect. I'm currently buying my way through every Billy Wilder film on DVD - I bought Stalag 17 last week but haven't got round to watching it yet.

Any of his films you'd particularly recommend? I'm gonna watch Some Like It Hot, Sunset Boulevard, Double Indemnity and Sabrina at least. The obvious ones.
Reply 598
Original post by elisabethbridge
Any of his films you'd particularly recommend? I'm gonna watch Some Like It Hot, Sunset Boulevard, Double Indemnity and Sabrina at least. The obvious ones.

Double Indemnity, The Lost Weekend and Sabrina, really. The former is probably the greatest noir of the old film noir tradition, and features extremely weird hair from Barbara Stanwyck. The Lost Weekend is a fine film, but very dark in places. Sabrina is an odd one, really; on the one hand, it's a typical 50's rom-com and features many of the annoying trappings of that genre, on the other, it is very good fun.

To my shame, I haven't seen Some Like It Hot, but it's apparently brilliant. :dontknow:
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

Going to watch The Shining first. Should I watch A Clockwork Orange after it or Dr Strangelove? :awesome:

Quick Reply

Latest