The Student Room Group

what does my offer actually mean?

according to ucas my bradford offer is 280 points with a b at chemistry. where can the points come from?

AS and A2 or just A2'S
Reply 1
http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/ucas_tariff/tarifftables/

Various different academic and extra curricular activities. Check out the table above. It's both AS and A2 - so it is conditional upon A2 when you get the results in Aug.
Original post by sparkii--xx
according to ucas my bradford offer is 280 points with a b at chemistry. where can the points come from?

AS and A2 or just A2'S

Can you paste the exact offer text? The offer you've given us doesn't specify where points can come from other than saying a B in Chemistry. Also, what quals are you taking?
Reply 3

AS and A2 or just A2'S
The usual thing, unless otherwise stated, is that your points can come from ASs as well - but there need to be points from at least two full A levels in the total. If in doubt about what your offer means, check with the uni - by email is best.
Reply 4
If it doesn't say what from, then it can be a variety of things-see above post.

Some offers will have stipulations though. I have one for 320 pts from 3 A levels. If yours doesn't have anything like the bit in bold then it can come from your a2s, any other as levels you have and certain extra curriculars, again see above post.
Reply 5
Original post by anythingbutord
Can you paste the exact offer text? The offer you've given us doesn't specify where points can come from other than saying a B in Chemistry. Also, what quals are you taking?

Conditional This offer is subject to you obtaining
A minimum of 280 UCAS Tariff points
including

GCE A level
Grade B - Chemistry

i am taking a2 geo, maths,chem and general studies. i also have a c at as biology.
Conditional This offer is subject to you obtaining
A minimum of 280 UCAS Tariff points
including

GCE A level
Grade B - Chemistry

i am taking a2 geo, maths,chem and general studies. i also have a c at as biology.

It doesn't specify, so you should be able to satisfy the offer with a grade B or higher in your A2 Chem (100pts +), and then a B and C in two other subjects. They haven't excluded General Studies in the offer so it should count - have a look at their website and see if they usually accept it. The AS should count too (carries 50 points - which would mean you could get away with lower grades at A2 in the other two subjects).

If you're taking any other quals that carry points, then assuming you've stated them on your application, they should count too.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending