The Student Room Group

Uni Application

My offer says If at results time you do not meet
the full academic conditions of this offer we may be in a position to consider you for a Degree with Foundation Year’

Does this mean i will definitely get a place at my firm choice?
Er No! it just means that they may be able to offer you a place with a foundation year, or they may not. It's entirely discretionary on their part and will depend on how far off your offer grades you are, how many other applicants are in a similar position and how many places they have on their foundation year.
Original post by ashleyTS
My offer says If at results time you do not meet
the full academic conditions of this offer we may be in a position to consider you for a Degree with Foundation Year’

Does this mean i will definitely get a place at my firm choice?

Hi there :hello:

No it doesn't guarantee anything just that they may come to you with what's called an Unconditional Course Change if you miss your offer, and let you switch over to the course with foundation year. Equally they may not. It may well depend on what your actual results are.

If you are offered the Unconditional Course Change and the course with foundation year, and you also meet your insurance offer, then you'd also be in the very rare position of getting to choose whether you'd rather attend your firm or your insurance on results day.

Good luck for next week! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending