The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HilariousNinja
Finished Rainbow. Really enjoyed it, though loads of events I thought were quite predictable for some reason.
Onto something lighthearted now, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.

Because nothing is more lighthearted than absolute despair. :giggle:

Madoka Magica resumes airing on the 21st of April according to ANN, when they'll show the final two eps back to back.
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Because nothing is more lighthearted than absolute despair. :giggle:

Madoka Magica resumes airing on the 21st of April according to ANN, when they'll show the final two eps back to back.

Compared to Rainbow's bleakness it is lighthearted :biggrin:
Reply 382
I'm attempting to work my way through my monolith of a 'want to watch' list by picking up Nijuu-Mensou no Musume. I'm optimistic about this one. :smile:
Reply 383
madoka is proving to be a poor choice of series to watch on such a nice day :erm:
Just wanted to say........ that Code Geass is the best!
Reply 385
Caught up with madoka ...the theory I thought up after the first ep came true :frown:

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 386
I've decided to pick up another series called Sci-Fi Harry. Upon watching the first episode, it's surprisingly good. The atmosphere is rather dark and mysterious. Nothing has really happened yet, but there's a certain uneasiness that keeps you watching. The character design is also unique, as is the main character, who seems to suffer from social anxiety. So far, I'm really impressed with what I've seen. :smile:
Has anyone got any recent films to recommend? As opposed to a series? I don't want to get into a series while I've got deadlines :colondollar:
Reply 388
Serial Experiments Lain is weird:s-smilie: I was watching it weeks ago but got distracted by hajime no ippo and forgot about it... so when resuming it I needed to remember properly what happened earlier:pinch: managed to remember though and now its getting towards the end I have a good idea of whats going on I think:beard:
Original post by whitepearlbaby
Has anyone got any recent films to recommend? As opposed to a series? I don't want to get into a series while I've got deadlines :colondollar:

Summer Wars is pretty much the only recent (2009 and onwards) movie I've seen; though assuming oneshot OVAs are okay too, First Squad is also worth a look. :yes:
Reply 390
Original post by whitepearlbaby
I enjoyed watching 'Summers Wars' recently :beard:

[edit] Nice timing AJ :five:
Reply 391
Original post by Red Lightning
Just wanted to say........ that Code Geass is the best!

Geass is one of the best series there is, a favourite of most if not all of the society. If you want other series to watch that are similar to Geass.

For the Lelouch like side.
Death Note
Durarara!! - bit of a hit or miss, but if it hits you will absolutely love it.
For the mecha side
Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann
Gundam SeedGundam 00

Another good series which I just love
Fullmetal Alchamist
Original post by vin
Serial Experiments Lain is weird:s-smilie:

<3
Original post by Keoje
I enjoyed watching 'Summers Wars' recently :beard:

[edit] Nice timing AJ :five:

Okay dokay :biggrin: Since both of you recommended it at the same time I'll have a watch :beard:
Reply 394
Toaru Majutsu no Index II finished :beard:

Spoiler

Just caught up on Kimi ni Todoke, I quite enjoyed the change of pace from my usual shonen/action/fantasy style of watching, although at times the very shoujo-esque scenarios were a tad annoying, overall I thought it was quite a pleasant series, I'm speaking as if its finished though :tongue:

I found the art style very funny and I quite liked the presentation, especially Sawako's quite often comical expressions :teehee:
Gintama 203. Ending was brilliant.

Spoiler

Reply 397
Decided to take a look through the past season preview threads to see what I need to acquire...

Beelzebub :teeth: was sold with the 'weakness for shounen' it's a mixture of :awesome: :lolwut:
Reply 398
Im watching this Amazing nuts! thing that was recently put on a certain download site:ninja: It's really cool.:zomg:
Reply 399
Original post by vin
Im watching this Amazing nuts! thing that was recently put on a certain download site:ninja: It's really cool.:zomg:

Oh yeah that is a really cool collection of music videos - gotta love Studio 4C for interesting animation!

Latest