The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Franken Fran got licensed by Seven Seas! :zomg: Which means I likely won't be able to get it in ebook format, but for this series, I'll make an exception and buy the books, regardless of my shelf space situation. :biggrin:
*come on people, we won't make 10,000 posts by 2016 like this!*

Despite my best efforts to wait patiently until the series was over and then marathon all the eps in one go, as I did with the third series, I ended up starting Teekyuu S4. More of the same, but that's certainly nothing to complain about. :biggrin:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
*come on people, we won't make 10,000 posts by 2016 like this!*

Despite my best efforts to wait patiently until the series was over and then marathon all the eps in one go, as I did with the third series, I ended up starting Teekyuu S4. More of the same, but that's certainly nothing to complain about. :biggrin:

What are your favourite shows so far this season?:tongue:
Original post by Red Fox
What are your favourite shows so far this season?:tongue:

For me, Arslan Senki and the new Knights of Sidonia are in a league of their own, potential Top 50 material. They're followed by Ore Monogatari!! and Kekkai Sensen. If you'd asked me a week ago then Unlimited Blade Works would have been up there, but at this rate the fourth episode is going to place last in my blog's weekly rankings. It was just so boring. :yawn:

What about you? :smile:
For me, Arslan Senki and the new Knights of Sidonia are in a league of their own, potential Top 50 material. They're followed by Ore Monogatari!! and Kekkai Sensen. If you'd asked me a week ago then Unlimited Blade Works would have been up there, but at this rate the fourth episode is going to place last in my blog's weekly rankings. It was just so boring. :yawn:

What about you? :smile:

I'm not watching either of them two. Ore Monogatari is very enjoyable. My favourite is Shokugeki no Souma, although I'm not sure whether it being 24 episodes is a good or a bad thing. The manga seems to be popular so it should be fine. Episode 3 of UBW was a good one but the other 3 have been nothing special.
Original post by Red Fox
I'm not watching either of them two. Ore Monogatari is very enjoyable. My favourite is Shokugeki no Souma, although I'm not sure whether it being 24 episodes is a good or a bad thing. The manga seems to be popular so it should be fine. Episode 3 of UBW was a good one but the other 3 have been nothing special.

Shokugeki no Souma is alright so far, though for me it still isn't living up to the high standards for 'shounen gag food reaction anime' set by Yakitate!! Ja-Pan. :tongue: Now that it's introduced a few more characters, hopefully that might change.
(edited 8 years ago)
Binged Puella Madoka Magica. Not a fan :/. Cool story though.
Original post by keromedic
Binged Puella Madoka Magica. Not a fan :/. Cool story though.

What didn't you like about it? I think it's alright, nothing amazing but still decent.
Original post by Red Fox
What didn't you like about it? I think it's alright, nothing amazing but still decent.

It appeared to take forever to get to the point. I may watch the movie at some point but it wasn't my cup of tea. A waste of time imo :/.
Original post by keromedic
It appeared to take forever to get to the point. I may watch the movie at some point but it wasn't my cup of tea. A waste of time imo :/.

I can agree with that. The characters' motivations all seemed really flimsy too. I haven't bothered with the movie. Shaft's animation was great though.

Watch Code Geass if you still want an anime with a good dub (I watched it subbed so the dub is a second hand recommendation).
Reply 8890
YOO! anyone know of any good animes WITHOUT male protagonists cuz good god, I always believe they act SO GODDAMN STUPID UGH! if you've watched any anime you might know what I mean man... so ya. oh and maybe say if the shows underrated , overrated and your general opinion :biggrin:
Original post by ani666
YOO! anyone know of any good animes WITHOUT male protagonists cuz good god, I always believe they act SO GODDAMN STUPID UGH! if you've watched any anime you might know what I mean man... so ya. oh and maybe say if the shows underrated , overrated and your general opinion :biggrin:

Here's a few general recommendations for series without male protagonists, but if you've already seen them, or if there are any particular types of series/genre you prefer then let me know and I'll try again. :smile:

Seirei no Moribito - Beautifully animated, and the female protagonist Balsa is a brilliant character. :yes:

Kemono no Souja Erin - Horribly overlooked and underrated in my opinion, and one of my Top 50 anime series of all time.

Haibane Renmei - A slice of life series with a dark and interesting setting, and a great soundtrack.

Kino no Tabi - Possibly a bit of a spoiler, but if we're listing great series without male protagonists, I can't leave this out.

Akatsuki no Yona - A decent series that I'd highly recommend, but it ended on a cliffhanger, and a sequel hasn't been announced yet. :s:
(edited 8 years ago)
Yesterday, I was zapping through the channels and I have found an anime accidentally and it was one of the saddest one I have ever watched: The grave of the fireflies.

For every single one who does not know this anime here is a description and here is a trailer to that anime:

[video="youtube;4vPeTSRd580"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPeTSRd580[/video]
Original post by ani666

I'd second AJ's recs and I'll throw out a few more:

Skip Beat
The Twelve Kingdoms
Kuragehime
Chihayafuru
Jormungand
Humanity Has Declined
Gatchaman Crowds
Watamote
Kill la Kill
Psycho-Pass
Shirobako
Original post by Kallisto
Yesterday, I was zapping through the channels and I have found an anime accidentally and it was one of the saddest one I have ever watched: The grave of the fireflies.

For every single one who does not know this anime here is a description and here is a trailer to that anime:

[video="youtube;4vPeTSRd580"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPeTSRd580[/video]

One of the few movies in my Top 50 anime list, and also my favourite Studio Ghibli film, even if it is far different in tone from most of the studio's other, mostly happier works. I must have seen it three times at least, and even knowing what's going to happen, I always cry. :sadnod:
One of the few movies in my Top 50 anime list, and also my favourite Studio Ghibli film, even if it is far different in tone from most of the studio's other, mostly happier works. I must have seen it three times at least, and even knowing what's going to happen, I always cry. :sadnod:

I have watched the film for the first time, really. And although I don't know what will happen at the end, I know that it does not come to an happy end. The bad ending was so clear and predictable, nevertheless it was sad, sad and so seriously. That was the saddest moment for me:

Spoiler

EDIT: As it is spoiler for many members who have not watched this anime, this scene was disguised by myself.
(edited 8 years ago)
I have watched the film for the first time, really. And although I don't know what will happen at the end, I know that it does not come to an happy end. The bad ending was so clear and predictable, nevertheless it was sad, sad and so seriously. That was the saddest moment for me:

Sorry, would you mind spoiler-tagging that video? The title is a bit of a give away for anyone who hasn't seen it.
Sorry, would you mind spoiler-tagging that video? The title is a bit of a give away for anyone who hasn't seen it.

No problem, and you are right, this scene has to be spoiler-tagged. Thanks to you!

The only one what can I say about this anime film without to spoil is that I have not watched such a melancholic Ghibli anime so far. :sadnod:

NOOOOOO just when i forgot about it
Original post by SkittleLover
NOOOOOO just when i forgot about it

I must admit that the anime was sad (even possibly the saddest what I watched) and yeah it has had created a melancholic mood during watching it. Right, it was heartbreaking and the destiny of these two siblings was incredibly bad, but nonetheless I was not crying. Am I too emotionalless by any chance?

Latest