The Student Room Group

How do I move a Adobe Premiere Pro project to another computer?

I need to move a music video project onto a new computer, how do I get all the files I need so that it will find the correct files automatically on my home PC? The deadline is THIS Friday for the final project. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks, Cristian.
According to Adobe's website, it's simply a case of copying each file over. So long as they retain the same file names, folder locations etc, the project will reconnect everything automatically upon opening on the new computer;
https://www.adobe.com/uk/
Hope that helps [=
Reply 2
Well hopefully you have your project folder, within it the premiere project file, and source videos. So just copy the entire folder with it's contents to your new computer.
If you were not so organised and simply imported videos from random folders on your PC then copy the premiere project over and find every single source video, sound clips, images and etc you used and also copy them over to your other PC.
Now the thing is that your copied files will have different path locations, so it will be a good thing to make sure on your new computer you have all your source content within the premiere project folder. When you open the project on the new computer Premiere should automaticaly warn you about missing files and to find them again, so it should be easy to direct where they are now, simply find them within your premiere project folder and click ok. Once you complete it, you will be free to edit stuff again and no more Red Screen of Death :biggrin:
Reply 3
Thanks for your suggestions guys :smile: Only problem is, I've copied all the files over to my home computer, changed all the file paths etc, but whenever it asks me where a particular file is and I point it to the correct file it says 'audio + video does not match' I've tried starting the whole project again on the new computer but the .avi files which work fine on windows media player, VLC etc just won't play on Adobe Premiere when I imported them into an entirely new project :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending