The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Clinical Sciences at the University of Bradford

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DrFantastic
Obviously I am not allowed to discuss interview questions but it is very informal. You MUST bear in mind that you are a potential future doctor they are looking at. You must act formal even though they will be extremely friendly.

Think before you speak. You will not be marked down if you take a second to think and talk. Maintain eye contact with BOTH interviewers. These are simple interview rules.

Nerves are 100% normal. If you are not nervous before the interview, I would be concerned for your mental state :tongue:

It's relaxed and the interviewers are very nice people. They don't try to catch you out or anything.

I wish I could tell you more about format, questions etc but I'm not allowed :frown:

Hi, I read that you said we must bare in mind that they are looking at a potential future doctor. Someone I know applied to Clinical sciences at Bradford & their personal statement was based on doing medicine. They got rejected & when they asked for feedback, the uni said that because from their personal statement it seemed they wanted to do medicine (which was the case) and not clinical sciences. Does this mean when writing personal statement we must base it on Clinical sciences, even though our intention may be to get onto Leeds medicine programme? Thank you in advance :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Do u know if we can transfer to med doing the 3 year course not the foundation year? :frown:
Original post by Epsilon1234
Hey everyone I thought I should create a thread regarding the clinical sciences course in the University of Bradford because I have noticed there aren't any.

When I was applying I had a lot of questions about the whole transfer scheme to medicine and what my chances were and I would have really appreciated it if I could speak to someone regarding the whole process. I came in through the foundation year and was selected for interview at the Leeds school of medicine but unfortunately I was rejected...I knew that medicine was what I really wanted to do so I stayed on to the final year - and thankfully I finally got a place in medicine.

So yeah if you have any questions, want any advice about the course or city etcetera then feel free to ask...I will try my best to answer as realistically and as best as I can.

If you want to do medicine but you didn't quite get the grades like me in GCSEs and A levels but you feel as though you are more than capable then there's still a chance believe me my academic history is really poor and not typical of your average medical applicant.

I don't profess to be the best person at doing this sort of thing, in fact I have never done it before, but I had always said that if ever I got into medicine I would do my best to try and help those others who were desperately struggling.

Thank you and GOOD LUCK :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

can i transfer to med if I did the 3 year clinical science or is it only for foundation?
Original post by coolgamer
Do u know if we can transfer to med doing the 3 year course not the foundation year? :frown:

They've changed it this year. If you are applying for 2015 entry you can only transfer through the foundation year
Original post by medicine2015
They've changed it this year. If you are applying for 2015 entry you can only transfer through the foundation year

Oh crap:frown:
Original post by coolgamer
Oh crap:frown:

And also you'd need to meet a widening participation criteria.
I originally applied for the 3 year course, not realising that in order to transfer to Leeds I'd have to apply for the foundation year. However, the email I received from Bradford stated that anyone who applied for the three year course but wanted to be considered for transfer to Leeds would instead be considered for the foundation year (as long as they meet the widening access criteria). Think that means we're still considered for the transfer?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 427
Hi. I have already commenced an Optometry course at the university but dropped out because I didn't do very well in it ( I didn't do well mainly because I had absolutely no interest in the course). Will this mean i can no longer apply for the foundation year of clinical sciences (with intention to transfer to Leeds) ?
I'd be grateful for any help on this.
Original post by monaaa19
Hi, I read that you said we must bare in mind that they are looking at a potential future doctor. Someone I know applied to Clinical sciences at Bradford & their personal statement was based on doing medicine. They got rejected & when they asked for feedback, the uni said that because from their personal statement it seemed they wanted to do medicine (which was the case) and not clinical sciences. Does this mean when writing personal statement we must base it on Clinical sciences, even though our intention may be to get onto Leeds medicine programme? Thank you in advance :smile:

Hi i was a student there ages ago but i saw ur message...

I dont know if things have changed but i would imagine not and from my own personal experience:

My statement was on pharmacy and they had prepared pharmacy questions for me... but i came out clean from the getgo

And said i wanted to do clinical sciences because ultimately i wanted to transfer and study MEDICINE but i didnt feel my application was strong enuff to apply for medicine directly so i applied to pharmacy to be realistic blah blah... From there on in... They just changed it to a why do u want to be a doctor interview...

They KNOW alot of ppl are doing clinical sciences because they want to do medicine but might not have the grades/subjects etc...

So my advice wud be to tell the truth... dont base a whole personal statement on clin sciences alone (obviously unless you want to become a clin scientist! 😜)

I wish u all the best

Good luck hope summat there helps
Hi everyone i created this group quite a while ago and ive been helping people who have messaged me as much as i can since... In the thread but mostly privately...

Anyway, i think the time has come for me to officially 'retire' on this thread...

Im announcing it on here in the hope of stopping people from wasting their valuable time writing me long and heart felt messages about clin sciences and transferring to medicine...

This is purely because its been a while since i left and i no longer feel that i am the best person to ask about the course because from what i gather (from friends) it has changed quite alot since i left... And my advice is no longer appropriate or current...Otherwise i would have LOVED to carry this on 😊

The thread is obviously open for everyone to carry on helping each other as u have been doing greatly (i read it every now and then 😜 - il probz comment at sum point agen if i can) ..

Lastly good luck to you all - dont give up - if i can do medicine - YOU most certainly can!
I remember sitting in that same position like it was yesterday hoping to make it - stick at it - YOU WILL MAKE IT!

Ps: alot of useful information has been covered in the thread from day 1 to the present- i get asked alot of questions privately about things that are actually available on the WEBSITE so give that a look for relevant info about requirement and course structure...

Take care /good luck
HiI have a question regarding the Foundation yearI am planning to apply for (September 2016)However, as i know that it is very competitive (Transfer to medicine) therefore, i just want to write my personal statement about the fact that i want to study sciencesBy the end of the year if i get 70% or above, is it still possible that i can transfer on to Medicine at Leeds or do i have to make that clear in the beginning
Dear Epislon 1234

Thanks for your years of support and ongoing information sharing with the many medic hopefuls who have passed his way. You are a brilliant doctor am sure of it. You have the empathy, the compassion and selflessness to help people when they need it most. Thanks for fighting so hard to do this. You are such an example of what hope and determination can do..something priceless to inspire in those who are fortunate enough t have your care.

Best wishes and may you serve for a long long time Dr Epislon 1234
I sent my additional information for the Leeds transfer last week, has anyone else done this and been offered the selection day yet? thanks
I've had scan through this thread and can see a lot of queries and concerns have been raised but quite some time ago! With this in mind please do get in touch with any questions you may have that have gone unanswered - happy to help :smile:
Hi I have a question; on my evision portal I have seen that I've been invited to a 'School of Medicines Interview' some time next month. I'd just like to confirm if this is my actual interview for this course, as on the booking details page, it talks about an 'Applicant Experience Day' instead. Which of these am I being invited for, and if it is the latter, is it obligatory to come or optional, as I live quite a way from Bradford. Thanks!
Original post by AlexaRivers
Hi I have a question; on my evision portal I have seen that I've been invited to a 'School of Medicines Interview' some time next month. I'd just like to confirm if this is my actual interview for this course, as on the booking details page, it talks about an 'Applicant Experience Day' instead. Which of these am I being invited for, and if it is the latter, is it obligatory to come or optional, as I live quite a way from Bradford. Thanks!

Hi, I was just wondering when you sent your UCAS form off? Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi AlexaRivers, sorry for the confusion caused and thanks for getting in touch! Please PM me with your UB number, full name and the title of the course you've applied for. I'll have a look into this and let you know asap :smile:

I'm in the exact same position as you!!
Original post by Ladymusiclover
I'm in the exact same position as you!!

I contacted the admissions team and they told me that yes, it is my actual interview!
I contacted the admissions team and they told me that yes, it is my actual interview!

Okay thanks for telling me. I've got to prepare now. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending