The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by SHABANA
http://stopfundingisrael.com/marks_spencer.html
I try to do what I can so M&S, Starbucks, Coca-Cola (although they make a lot of other stuff so sometimes don't realise until I've bought it).

Coca-cola make ****ing everything! We cant sell coke products in our uni shop coz our uni voted against it, every time we get the new drinks layouts we literally have to scrap 50% of what is on there because it's made by coke. It really is shocking what a huge monopoly they have on the drinks market!
Reply 141
Original post by TotoMimo
I've also found an alarming amount of people aren't aware of Fentiman's Curiosity Cola. It's not for everyone, but if you want to taste what *real* cola tastes like (ie, cola nuts and not pure sugar like Coke and Pepsi) give it a go!

they sell that at a sweet shop about 5 minutes away from my college :love:
Reply 142
Curiosity Cola tastes curious in the fact it's cola that actually tastes like COLA NUTS!! As opposed to, y'know... syrup.
Reply 143
Original post by nadiah

Original post by nadiah
Coca-cola make ****ing everything! We cant sell coke products in our uni shop coz our uni voted against it, every time we get the new drinks layouts we literally have to scrap 50% of what is on there because it's made by coke. It really is shocking what a huge monopoly they have on the drinks market!

Yeah things like Fanta, Spite, and Feel Good drinks aswell I think? I don't think this is the case any more but the Feel Good drinks which were glass bottles used to have the star of David under the bottle cap.
Tried some Baklava a few days ago. It's far too sweet, quite sickening to be perfectly honest!

On topic, exactly how well known is Carpaccio? because I have no idea

Original post by dnumberwang
Tried some Baklava a few days ago. It's far too sweet, quite sickening to be perfectly honest!

On topic, exactly how well known is Carpaccio? because I have no idea

I've heard of it, probably through watching too much Come Dine With Me! Never tried it, but I think I'd like it...
Original post by SoapyDish
I've heard of it, probably through watching too much Come Dine With Me! Never tried it, but I think I'd like it...

It's nice, even though it is described as "cold raw beef"

Yeah it's raw, really beaten down and thin, so much so that you can see through it. You can get a beef version, also I believe there's a raw tuna version too. Beef is meant to be really nice with horseradish.
Reply 148
Original post by Botticello
These are lovely - they used to sell them at an old fashioned style cafe round the corner from me :smile:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leninade - this made me laugh - a lot!! What brilliant slogans!

They sell that and a few other similar drinks at a cafe where I live :smile:

I'm imagining the taste to be similar to the middle of a rare steak? That I love.
Reply 150
Yeah, just tastes like a kinda salt beef.

Speaking of such - not too obscure, but not well-known is that Marks and Spencer have a "snacks of the world" range including Peppered Beef Jerky, which is amazing (and Jerky is not all that widely distributed these days it seems).
Reply 151
Sorry this is so carnivorous....

Probably lesser known in this country

Biltong

And Ostrich meat is beautiful

Reply 152

Yes, this really exists.
Original post by TotoMimo

Yes, this really exists.

I saw this advertised in the latest Sainsbury's magazine [the free one they have]. I have to say, I am tempted lol!

Latest