The Student Room Group

Why are male comedians infinitely more funny than female comedians?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Smophy
Really? Cooking?! Of all things....cooking?

Jamie Oliver LAD! Every man wants to be like Jamie and Gordon. Only a handful actually try it though.
Reply 81
I am lazy so I didn't read the whole thread, so I don't know if this has been said, but they mentioned something on QI a while back saying that women laugh a lot more than men.

For example, on panel shows, women are more likely to laugh than men therefore interrupting the flow of the show or something. Therefore less women on panel shows, therefore less female comedians getting heard, therefore it seems like women are less funny.

Female comedians are just as funny, but each comedian is different etc blahblahblah. Comedy is subjective: Like deli goodness, beauty or terrorism (ten points if you know the reference)
Reply 82
Original post by Hedger
Anyone else google who 'Miranda' is and still doesn't know?

Miranda Hart! :smile:
Reply 83
Original post by NerdBOY1
Yes, the best chefs are men!!

So are most men also lazy then because they rarely do the cooking at home.
Original post by fibrebiz
The thing is, I'm sure that there are some great female comedians, but I just haven't found them yet.

Jo Brand is my shout for a great female comedian. Shappi Khorsandi is not funny at all IMO, but that's got nothing to do with being female, I just find her unfunny. Simple as.

I think perhaps another thing is that women are, generally speaking, less inclined to say the controversial, sick things that male comedians use in jokes, and so the humour suffers.
Reply 85
I've found a female comedian that I like - Gina what's-her-face-I-can't-remember-her-last-name.

The exception that disproves the rule:
It's not because they're female, I just don't find the famous female comedians funny.
Reply 86
As has been said, Joan Rivers is very good. Pamela Stephenson- have you ever seen this with an exceptional talent in his own right, Bob Monkhouse:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEk8QUx_6xA

The Smack the pony team. As a writer, Victoria Wood and Caroline Aherne. French and Saunders. In America, in terms of actresses, Goldie Hawn, Cameron Diaz and half of the main Friends cast.
Reply 87
Because there is not one funny female comedian.

Quick Reply

Latest