The Student Room Group

Cambridge Chemistry Challenge

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ivana_a.h
Loads of thanks!

No problem. :smile:
Original post by ChemistryQuiz
yes, i am talking about the megajoules bit. and its close to 20000 - round figure. :smile:

wahhh i cant get it to work! what am i doing wrong? i convert the kj i have into mj and then convert the cubic meter accordingly but its not working
Original post by chemstudent2-13
wahhh i cant get it to work! what am i doing wrong? i convert the kj i have into mj and then convert the cubic meter accordingly but its not working

My advice would be, convert everything to Joules and cubic centimeters.
Reply 1983
Why are the leaderboards not time taken as opposed to time since midnight :frown: i suppose I'll be up at 00:00 next month...
Reply 1984
Edit: completed challenge.
(edited 10 years ago)
WHAT on earth is silver about?!?!?! It makes the slightest sense to me!
How did anyone get silver? I'm still stuck with with the wrong answer bit :frown:
Original post by ChemistryQuiz
yes, i am talking about the megajoules bit. and its close to 20000 - round figure. :smile:

I got about 2000. Where am I going wrong?
Original post by Chemistry 456

Depends on what you did. What did you do?
Original post by Chemistry 456

It is around 2000 kJ. :smile:
Does anyone have the slightest bit of clue on silver?
Ok thanks good to know I am on the right track. Any hints on what to do next?
It is around 2000 kJ.

Ok thanks good to know I am on the right track. Any hints on what to do next?
Does anyone have the slightest bit of clue on silver?

Silver is the one with the map right?

Look at the numbers on the periodic table, and see how it corresponds with the name if the country
Original post by excal9
gold's sequence makes no sense

I've got the scientist, and cracked code in what seems to be the sensible way, but now have a string of 11 letters, that don't make sense. Tried lots of obvious guesses as other people said they guessed message, but no joy. Am I missing something obvious?
The string of 11 letters just tells you how long the message is. He recently died... its related.
Original post by Rachel111
I've got the scientist, and cracked code in what seems to be the sensible way, but now have a string of 11 letters, that don't make sense. Tried lots of obvious guesses as other people said they guessed message, but no joy. Am I missing something obvious?

Which way are you reading it? From top to bottom?
Can someone help me on copper. I think I need to find how much methane is required to produce an amount of energy (which I have). But I don't know how to do it. Help please!
Reply 1998
I am not able to correspond the numbers to the elements in Silver. can someone please give some clue.
Reply 1999
Original post by Rachel111

read it bottom to top xD it took me ages

Quick Reply

Latest