The Student Room Group

Cambridge Chemistry Challenge

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
I've got the sequence NeSrPtTbGaTcHSe which I'm sure is right. Have I made a mistake with the years of discovery? :frown:
Original post by Bello08
Thanks mate, I knew it was something to do with "The Planets"... just failed to recognise jupiter was the background!

No problem. :smile: Although, if you get the silver combination, do drop an hint my way! My FP1 exam. is suffering because of this... D:
Well if anyone has silver to say, I thought I had it, be aware of platinums actual discovery

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I did get silver, but I've forgotten my order. I think it was something like

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Yeah that is correct

For gold, this may help I think http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Mole_(unit)#Moles_of_everyday_entities

Having trouble with gold, maybe i'm being stupid, but how many carbon atoms in 1m^3 of graphene?
Original post by david2457
For gold, this may help I think http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Mole_(unit)#Moles_of_everyday_entities

Have you got it?
No, i thought I may share may thoughts with others. I am thinking we need to find the surface area and then the average volume of graphemes molecule, then find the moles then divide it by graphemes mr.

struggling with gold.
Find the surface area of one mole of graphene, divide the SA of earth by that, multiply by mass of one mole?
Original post by Oromis263
Find the surface area of one mole of graphene, divide the SA of earth by that, multiply by mass of one mole?

surface area of 1 graphene sheet is 2630m2/g and the surface area of the earth is 5.1E8km according to google
Yeah that sounds good

Reply 573
I've just noticed this discussion: count me in!
Reply 574
Help whit Gold please!!
Original post by IQ Test
I've just noticed this discussion: count me in!

Your in, what q are you on?

Reply 576
I'm working through past papers and things that my teacher has given me, as my computer isn't letting me sign in right now... Watch this space though : )
anyone know the molecular mass for graphene?
Reply 578
So anyone finished gold?
Reply 579
Original post by loopy786
No problem. :smile: Although, if you get the silver combination, do drop an hint my way! My FP1 exam. is suffering because of this... D:

Just got silver, I found it useful to first find out the two middle ones (i.e. the ones that must have 6 not within 50 years).

Do you want a bigger hint?

Quick Reply

Latest