The Student Room Group

Pregnancy and Parenting Society Mark II

Scroll to see replies

Oops that was me, damn auto-anon
I know how worried you are before 20 week scan but just try to relax and think after 12 weeks most pregnancies are perfectly fine, :smile:
Been told by my doctor that it's slightly possible I'm pregnant (won't know until I test in two weeks) due to some funny things going on in my body. Keeping fingers crossed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Question: later in pregnancy I always hear people talking about how the baby is measuring - how do they do this? Is this just based on how they measure your womb? I'm 28 weeks on Saturday and at my last appointment they measured how high up my uterus was and that was totally normal.

Is there a point later at which I might get an idea of whether I'm having a big or little baby?

Also, how are we all? Randdom must be getting on now...
Original post by Kater Murr
Question: later in pregnancy I always hear people talking about how the baby is measuring - how do they do this? Is this just based on how they measure your womb? I'm 28 weeks on Saturday and at my last appointment they measured how high up my uterus was and that was totally normal.

Is there a point later at which I might get an idea of whether I'm having a big or little baby?

Hello there fundal height is used to measure a pregnancy (how big the womb is) it's measured in cm so if you are 20 weeks your fundal height should measure 20cm,it's less accurate from week 37 though as the foetus starts to descend into position for birth so your fundal height normally reduces, no you cant really tell until the baby gets here even growth scans are quite inaccurate, I was measuring 41 at 35 weeks pregnant I thought I was going to have a whopper, but she was born weighing 8lbs 1oz at 41 weeks so just average really for gestation. I must have had a lot of waters.

It's so inaccurate.

My first was 10lbs 10oz and my second was 10lbs 1oz. When they were measuring the fundal height of my third bump, AND even when they did the growth scan, they concluded that my third baby was no way going to be as big as my first, and they were speculating that he might be a little smaller than my second, so they were thinking maybe around the top end of the 9 pound range...

turned out to be my biggest baby of all, at just over 11lbs. Even my fourth wasn't as big as that.

So honestly I just take weight guesses with a pinch of salt.
Baby Isaac was born on the 9/6/14 10 days overdue by emergency c-section weighing 9lbs.

I am still very sore but he is lovely. Will try and post a picture soon
Original post by randdom
Baby Isaac was born on the 9/6/14 10 days overdue by emergency c-section weighing 9lbs.

huge congratulations!
Original post by randdom

Congratulations! :h: Isaac, what a lovely name.
That was me. Grrrage.
Congratulations :h:

Callie's jabs today. Aargh I'm nervous! She'll be 10 weeks tomorrow :h:
Original post by Anonymous
Congratulations :h:

Callie's jabs today. Aargh I'm nervous! She'll be 10 weeks tomorrow :h:

oh I hate taking babies / kids for jabs. Heartbreaking!
Sorry for the delay in posting but here is my little man :smile:

Spoiler

So sweet! :smile:

I'm 29 weeks on Saturday. Everything's feeling quite far along now - starting to think we need to hurry up and finish buying things in the next few weeks!

I'm trying to take bump measurements with a pinch of salt but I always get totally paranoid about these things. When they measured me last appointment I was 26cm at 28 weeks, which is just OK, but they seemed to be stretching it a bit to call it 26 anyway.

On the plus side, I got really worried that I'd put on 4kg in like a week, but then weighing myself again yesterday I'm back down by 3kg so obviously it was water weight or something. phew. I've only put on about 4kg so far now so that seems fine.
Original post by randdom
Sorry for the delay in posting but here is my little man :smile:

Spoiler

awww he's so cute, you must be so proud :smile: First few weeks are amazing but also tough. Hang in there. Enjoy your little man, he's gorgeous :smile:
Just hit 17 weeks :biggrin:

Starting to pick up bits and pieces for baby now, although mum keeps whinging it is too early :grumble:
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
Just hit 17 weeks :biggrin:

Starting to pick up bits and pieces for baby now, although mum keeps whinging it is too early :grumble:

What have you bought? :biggrin:
Rrrrrrage.
Rrrrrrage.

What's up?

I'm 26 weeks now and counting down the days until term ends and work stops... I didn't realise how tiring pregnancy would be!

On the upside, boyfriend was away for a few days and apparently baby missed him because as soon as he got back he wouldn't stop kicking his hand really hard and visibly! :h:
Original post by Antimatter
What's up?

I'm 26 weeks now and counting down the days until term ends and work stops... I didn't realise how tiring pregnancy would be!

On the upside, boyfriend was away for a few days and apparently baby missed him because as soon as he got back he wouldn't stop kicking his hand really hard and visibly! :h:

Oh, nothing, I just got frustrated because of the auto-anon.

Quick Reply

Latest